Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

How much £££ for BR in transfer window.

I'm sure we will be fine.

Also whats this hate with Congerton? I suppose it'll be back to to the usual that if a player turns out to be good it wasn't his signing or it they turn out to be bad it was his signing? 👀

58 minutes ago, steflcfc said:

I’m just going to put this out there could Silva do a job for us next season on the bench with extra games and valid European experience that we’re lacking in our youthful squad.

Will he fit into our system a little more under Rodgers and his fitness being a lot better than before?

I haven’t really kept track on him, How has he been getting on whilst on loan? 

Thought they had to pay another instalment if he plays one more match.No chance he plays again if true.Would be better off letting him and Slim go for free and subbing their wages for the remainder of their contracts.

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

Also whats this hate with Congerton? I suppose it'll be back to to the usual that if a player turns out to be good it wasn't his signing or it they turn out to be bad it was his signing? 👀

Don’t open that can of worms ash lol I got caned for it all last summer! 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ashley said:

No one at Celtic or Sunderland have a pleasant thing to say.

4 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...rather strange way of looking at this!!!

Upgrading the stadium now would make little sense, the revenue we would receive from more gate receipts is nowhere near the monies can could be garnered by qualification to the Champions League.

The monies for the upgrade will be from our final position in the league a top 6 finish would give us the finance we would need in order to meet the stadium requirement.

An investment in the squad this summer, especially a pacy  Right Winger would have more or less alleviated the problems we encountered this season with deep lying teams.

Any investment in the ground,  against investment in the squad, at this moment, would be foolhardy.

Historically, big signings don't work out for us. Has Tielemans been worth the £40m price tag? Have we had our money's worth out of Praet? Perez? Expanding and upgrading the stadium gives increased prestige to the club which pays for itself over and over in investment and advertising (as well as getting in those fans that miss out). I'm not saying that we shouldn't invest in the squad but caution is required in these circumstances (wonder if Arsenal feel they've got their money's worth out of the pacy winger, Pepe?). 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SilverFox said:

I've just looked at the signings he made. 

Few shockers in there, few average and a few very good signings notably Jermaine Defoe and Edouard. 

Let's just see then judge🤷‍♂️

27 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I've just looked at the signings he made. 

Few shockers in there, few average and a few very good signings notably Jermaine Defoe and Edouard. 

Let's just see then judge🤷‍♂️

Jermaine Defoe had already scored nearly 100 goals for spurs and was prolific everywhere he went.  I’m not sure it’s a measure of his skill.

Edouard fair enough, but without wanting to be too rude he is playing for Celtic in a league where the standard is pretty poor. 

He joined us in May last year.  So far we have Bennett to measure his success by.  Meanwhile Sunderland fans say his tenure with them was a disaster, and Celtic fans are delighted he has gone.  

I’m not an optimist about this one.

Edited by SilverFox
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Xen said:

Its a multi-billion pound business empire. It was built on duty-free which will take a hit but they'll absolutely have other assets which supplement the income. 

Even if it was struggling, they've gone to great pains to make the footballing side of the club as self-sufficient as possible. Cash injections for things like the training ground and possible stadium expansion (which may well be put on hold), but otherwise our transfer budget comes from TV/prize money and player sales. We'll be fine.

Our TV and prize money will offset losses elsewhere nicely. I think people are expecting too much of our owners to ask for large investment under the circumstances.

I know  everyone is keen to agree with you, but because very few other clubs will spend there’s even less an incentive, naive to think we’ll be the odd ones out because we’re owned by billionaires, who isn’t these days? 

• Like 1

We usually have a net spend of about £20m, with no match day income but the added Europa league income next season I think we'll probably end up spending about the same as normal. It'll depend on if we end up selling anyone 

• Like 1

Wouldn't expect to spend much, especially likely without CL, maybe 20m net but that ain't saying much if a big player doesn't go. Think we could end up swapping some out of favour players for new players (incl praet) or loans being most likely. Going to be a worry with Europe as our squad has struggled with the amount of games this season, let alone the additional 6 games with at least with 3 weeks missing from a normal season. Literally have to play the u18s in cups. 

Edited by North Leeds Fox

6 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I’m convinced that some fans struggle to cut Justin, Praet and Perez any slack because they’re pushing their own vendetta against Congerton

Justin needs time. Some on here forget he is a youngster still who has made quite a jump from Luton. 

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

I’m convinced that some fans struggle to cut Justin, Praet and Perez any slack because they’re pushing their own vendetta against Congerton

Those 3 players are exactly how you build a great squad and will pay us back in spades over the time they play here.

Fans (myself included) know nothing. The rumour mill grinds on thanks to endless speculation. :beer:

1 hour ago, SheppyFox said:

Our TV and prize money will offset losses elsewhere nicely. I think people are expecting too much of our owners to ask for large investment under the circumstances.

I know  everyone is keen to agree with you, but because very few other clubs will spend there’s even less an incentive, naive to think we’ll be the odd ones out because we’re owned by billionaires, who isn’t these days? 

Wasn’t there other rumours a while back that Vichai had also had financial backing towards the club from the Thai royal Family  and or another Billionaire investor from Thailand ?

Edited by justfoxes

2 hours ago, SilverFox said:

Congerton wouldn’t have picked, scouted and negotiated every deal at those clubs. Sunderland’s signing were pants under Steve Bruce too. I remember they wasted millions of the Darren Bent money and to be honest, they don’t look like they’ve learnt either.

At Celtic they’re basically working on a league one budget at the apparent biggest club in the world while whoever is the manager is expected to compete against teams like Man City, Barca and Juventus in the champions league. They still pulled off some coups in Eduardo and Dembele and were heavily linked with McGinn too. 

In addition, Congerton has a boss here in Rudkin who is directly responsible to Susan Whelan and Top. After the 2016 mistakes and they were all mistakes, he will be keen not to have a repeat. It’s why so much work went into the Ndidi signing we did straight after. 

If we get it wrong, it’s a team behind the scenes who is responsible. Just like it’s a team who are responsible for the success. We gave Walsh all the accolades for Mahrez, Vardy and Kante but the guys he left behind still found Ndidi, Soyuncu, Maddison, Perreira and Tielemans. Which probably indicates that Walsh played a part but wasn’t the entire reason for those successes. Trust the process. 

Congerton brings another voice to it. He won’t control the whole thing. Albeit, the club will listen to him at times as the signings of Diabate, Ghezzal and Perreira showed under Puel. It also gives the manager a sense of security that he has one his guys in the decision making. 

Personally, I think it will be a tough summer for most teams. You would hope we are as creative in our dealings as we have been for the last 7/8 years (with exception to summer 2016).

• Like 1

As long as its Chilwell we cash in on idgaf tbh.

Thats not Chilwell hate per se, its just that if clubs really do want to pay vastly more than he's worth then we should sell before they catch on. 

I'd happily keep him here if the money was coming from elsewhere but I imagine we'll continue to sell one per season to fund our dealings and better it be Chilwell than basically any other high value starter. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, SheppyFox said:

Tops money comes from airports.

£0 to spend. Anything air travel related is shot.

We haven’t spent their money since the Championship. The fact we’ll have refunded loads of money and no doubt incurred many other costs due to Covid is why the spending will be hit.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We haven’t spent their money since the Championship. The fact we’ll have refunded loads of money and no doubt incurred many other costs due to Covid is why the spending will be hit.

Yes exactly that 👍🏻

11 hours ago, shailen said:

I think unfortunately with no champions league we will lose one of our star players. We need squad depth so likely need a net 3/4 players to compete for Europe again and have a decent European tour. 

I'm not so sure actually. Maddison has done nothing of late to have a big money move elsewhere. Chilwell is out likely till end of pre-season and the injury could still plague him afterwards. Neigher warrant the type of figure we'd want for them. 

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I'm not so sure actually. Maddison has done nothing of late to have a big money move elsewhere. Chilwell is out likely till end of pre-season and the injury could still plague him afterwards. Neigher warrant the type of figure we'd want for them. 

Eh, I'd argue Maguire had done little to warrant his fee to be honest. You could also argue Mahrez form had dipped before he was sold and they still spent a lot, for them, on him. 

Transfer fees are about what someone's willing to pay in context and what the seller can afford to say no to. 

I personally think, given covid, we'll need the money and given the depth of our squad we'll need to buy. 

So I'm pretty sure a first team player will leave but it'll probably be for the same inflated rate we sell everyone to one of the same top four clubs that seem to have a hard on for our development. If we can get 40+ for Chilwell I can see it happening, full backs shouldn't be too expensive to replace. 

Madders would still be worth 70+ IMO, I'd be amazed if we settled for much less given he's the beating heart of our team. The only way we'd fold and let him go for less is if he plays hardball with his own contract negotiations.

Just now, Finnegan said:

Eh, I'd argue Maguire had done little to warrant his fee to be honest. You could also argue Mahrez form had dipped before he was sold and they still spent a lot, for them, on him. 

Transfer fees are about what someone's willing to pay in context and what the seller can afford to say no to. 

I personally think, given covid, we'll need the money and given the depth of our squad we'll need to buy. 

So I'm pretty sure a first team player will leave but it'll probably be for the same inflated rate we sell everyone to one of the same top four clubs that seem to have a hard on for our development. If we can get 40+ for Chilwell I can see it happening, full backs shouldn't be too expensive to replace. 

Madders would still be worth 70+ IMO, I'd be amazed if we settled for much less given he's the beating heart of our team. The only way we'd fold and let him go for less is if he plays hardball with his own contract negotiations.

With Maguire though, United had some weird fantasy that he'd come in and be some weird superhero after his England performances. Didn't help that Woodward is pretty woeful. Can't argue with Mahrez however. 

Yeah upper clubs do seem to miss the irony of them buying our players for huge money and wondering why we stick around at the upper end. 

Can actually see Wolves being raided over us initially this time. 

LBs are hard to find, would be tough to replace him properly initially at least.