Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 minute ago, SheppyFox said:

The lads need a right kick up the backside, they’ve had last years utter capitulation as maturing time. If they don’t somehow recover now then they’ve not learned and it’ll be a rebuild job next year, fed up of Brendan insisting on a small squad too. 

Whilst I agree i'd like to think they're embarrassed, atleast they should be and that alone should be the only kick up the backside they need.

Take some ****ing self pride in their performances. Dig in, fight, use the frustration and embarrassment to push you on and improve.

This is more than just wanting to see 'pashun', this is doing the basics and getting things right something we're failing to see at the moment.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

On a more negative look, Liverpool is a team that can put a winning run together. If they win their game in hand, they will only be 3 pts behind us. Even if we beat Spurs (but lose the other two), it may not be good enough. Also, I remember people were saying Southampton and Newcastle were there for 6 points. Easy taking. We got 1 point. No, if Newcastle did 4 on us, Spurs could do even more on us.

Well you have contradicted yourself the league has been pretty unpredictable, why will Liverpool win all.. we could too, who knows, we know we can step up and string something together  

7 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Well you have contradicted yourself the league has been pretty unpredictable, why will Liverpool win all.. we could too, who knows, we know we can step up and string something together  

Mid way through the season maybe but when it comes to crunch time we don’t have the personality for it, for me it comes from Rodgers too I think he’s a very good manager but looks like he struggles to get the players heads right when it comes to the run in

2 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

Mid way through the season maybe but when it comes to crunch time we don’t have the personality for it, for me it comes from Rodgers too I think he’s a very good manager but looks like he struggles to get the players heads right when it comes to the run in

Let’s see, I think the players know they have let the fans down and will ensure they do their best on the 3 games left and cup final. It isn’t over yet, anyone who says it is are those that will hold a white flag when going gets tough 

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Let’s see, I think the players know they have let the fans down and will ensure they do their best on the 3 games left and cup final. It isn’t over yet, anyone who says it is are those that will hold a white flag when going gets tough 

What like maddison putting it right on the pitch after his misdemeanours....as if. Half of them couldn't give a **** and will spend the summer agitating for a move.

3 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I think the opposite the people who think it is probably over are the ones who see what courage and stronger mentality is and can see it’s nowhere to be found on the pitch currently 

19 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

Yeah ... something is not right ... in 15/16, even though Ranieri helped to release pressure in the media, you can see the players believed in themselves and they showed strong desire. They fought. Nowadays, only Kasper, Evans, Vardy and Albrighton show that. You can see desperation in their eyes and body language. The rest have been taught to keep possession and pass back first. As I said after the WBA game, it could be very damaging to mentality when Rodgers had a go at them for playing “badly” in the first half even though we scored and created so many chances, but praised them for “controlling” the game when we did not create much! This plays into player instincts. It is always safety first rather than having a go.

Compared to Tuchel, I really like how he instills a winning mentality based on what he says in media. (eg. he had a go at Chilwell the other day for not closing down crosses - we never saw that from Rodgers.) Winning coaches do not tell his team to take foot off the gas. 

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Yeah ... something is not right ... in 15/16, even though Ranieri helped to release pressure in the media, you can see the players believed in themselves and they showed strong desire. They fought. Nowadays, only Kasper, Evans, Vardy and Albrighton show that. You can see desperation in their eyes and body language. The rest have been taught to keep possession and pass back first. As I said after the WBA game, it could be very damaging to mentality when Rodgers had a go at them playing badly in the first half when we scored and created so many chances but praised them for “controlling” the game when we did not create much. This plays into player instincts.

Compared to Tuchel, I really like how he instills a winning mentality based on what he says in media. He had a go at Chilwell the other day for not closing down crosses - we never saw that from Rodgers. Winning coaches do not take foot off pedal.

Exactly how I view the situation too! I’d of rather us threw the manual out the window last 5 games of season and just play fast aggressive football. For me I wanted him to dig the lads out after last night and try get a response from them the fact he didn’t tells me they probably haven’t got the ‘character’ he bangs on about to take that criticism and be driven to do better. It’s like we hope to just fall over the line and qualify when it gets tough 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

I think BR is too soft. Imagine if it was Alex Ferguson in his position? 

Balls are required now and it's  from the players individually not the manager.

3 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

Exactly how I view the situation too! I’d of rather us threw the manual out the window last 5 games of season and just play fast aggressive football. For me I wanted him to dig the lads out after last night and try get a response from them the fact he didn’t tells me they probably haven’t got the ‘character’ he bangs on about to take that criticism and be driven to do better. It’s like we hope to just fall over the line and qualify when it gets tough 

Yeah. Great description you have there. It does feel very much that way. 

13 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

I think the opposite the people who think it is probably over are the ones who see what courage and stronger mentality is and can see it’s nowhere to be found on the pitch currently 

Enough to get us a cup final and second highest points total in the PL... would you rather we went back to being nobodies? with nothing to play for other than the hope of not getting relegated... wake up 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dnewty said:

Balls are required now and it's  from the players individually not the manager.

Rodgers is the leader, the general. It is more about how he rallies his troops now.  Otherwise what is he there for?

Edited by Tom12345

2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Enough to get us a cup final and second highest points total in the PL... would you rather we went back to being nobodies? with nothing to play for other than the hope of not getting relegated... wake up 

What? No but I don’t dwell on the past we’ve progressed from that massively so we need to lift our standards with that too! The problem is for 2 seasons we see we are good enough for top 4 over 34 games of the season then go to shit so feels as though we have under achieved when dropping out of the top 4 so late

3 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Rodgers is the leader, the general. It is more about how he rallies his troops now.  Otherwise what is he there for?

As inderviduals these players should really want it now. Rodgers tactics for me are pretty much irrelevant for these final games. As inderviduals and collectively do they really want it ????