Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

32 minutes ago, Bert said:

Mad that people are talking like it’s all done and dusted for the champions league. We’re still 5 points ahead of West Ham. Albeit they have a game in hand. Our destiny is in our own hands. 

You don’t think the remaining fixture list matters at all then?

• Like 2

Just now, trabuch said:

You can't deny our destiny is in our own hands though.

It's a good place to be in and better than the other way round. But we also said that last season and by the end we stood there disappointed. The longer it is in our own hands the better but I would prefer it to be done and dusted.

29 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

yeah this is true but with the games Liverpool and West ham have its hard to see us getting the points needed with the fixtures we have remaining, if im optimistic we somehow get 4 points from the last 3 games. 

We’re gonna beat Man Utd on Tuesday. Relax. They’ll turn Villa over tomorrow, and they’re not going to want to lose against Liverpool to hand them any chance of making champions league. This is Leicester City. We only do things the hard way. 

People saying we’re not good enough to get results from our last three. Great escape anyone? We were down and out. Buried. But managed to pull it off. The negativity from a lot of our supporters is absolutely harrowing beyond belief. I get some of it, the fixtures look daunting. We’ve beaten every team this season we have left to play comfortably. 

• Like 2

Guest bennytwohats
1 minute ago, Bert said:

We’re gonna beat Man Utd on Tuesday. Relax. They’ll turn Villa over tomorrow, and they’re not going to want to lose against Liverpool to hand them any chance of making champions league. This is Leicester City. We only do things the hard way. 

People saying we’re not good enough to get results from our last three. Great escape anyone? We were down and out. Buried. But managed to pull it off. The negativity from a lot of our supporters is absolutely harrowing beyond belief. I get some of it, the fixtures look daunting. We’ve beaten every team this season we have left to play comfortably. 

I get the sentiment, and I'm with you on not giving up yet. But you can understand why people are feeling how they are - last year lingers in the memory where our optimism was pissed on from great height, and having spurned two golden opportunities in the past games, it's looking more like a repeat of that than the great escape heroics.

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

Damn you, for making me feel more optimistic!! Before your post I'd accepted we were headed for a big match up with the Moldovan champions in the Euro Conference League. Now you've given me hope again!

4 minutes ago, Bert said:

Still think Everton will do us a favour tomorrow

• Haha 1

This result went against us but loads of others in recent weeks have gone for us (funnily enough thanks in no small part to Newcastle).

It’s all about what we do in OUR games and recent performances suggest we are going from bad to worse, with only a couple of players in form - Iheanacho and (the injured) Evans - and our talisman striker looking completely shot.

I wish it wasn’t so but I don’t trust Rodgers or the players to arrest the slide in time for us to win the Cup or stay in the top four. As they have proved repeatedly over this season and last, they are a match for anyone on their day, but when the heat is turned up, they have also shown repeatedly that they lack the mental fortitude and ruthlessness - collectively and individually - to rise to the challenge when it matters most.

If this team doesn’t want to be labelled as ‘bottlers’ or ‘nearly men’, they need to show some good old-fashioned guts.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bert said:

I hope you'll be reminding everyone of this post in a fortnight's time but after last year it's not hard to be all doom and gloom at this moment in time.

9 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

I hope you'll be reminding everyone of this post in a fortnight's time but after last year it's not hard to be all doom and gloom at this moment in time.

All I can say is how I feel. Little old Leicester again on the brink of champions league football and in an FA Cup final, yet just 6 years ago we were on the brink of an instant return to the championship. Not as bad as people are making out hey?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Bert said:

I think we'll beat Spurs too. 

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I think we'll beat Spurs too. 

Not exactly pulling up trees are they? Their season is done. Few of them will already be on the beach or have their eyes in the euros. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

Not exactly pulling up trees are they? Their season is done. Few of them will already be on the beach or have their eyes in the euros. 

Same time though son and Kane have field day with the slip through balls against our high line, our most likely chance at a win though probably 

6 minutes ago, surrifox said:

They are utter shite . They’ve nothing to play for and were crap even when they did have .

They do, they have European football to play for. With the amount of dough they have available, they'll put together a squad to cope with Europe and would back themselves to do well (probably won't mind!!)

Everton are the sort of turgid team that might present West Ham with a bit of a problem but I've been very impressed with Moyes this 2nd half of the season. They get going right from the off and pounce on any mistake.

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

I’d worry about it being Harry Kane’s last game for them tbh. It’s really not funny how much he likes to score against us.

But yeah, Spurs is the one game I’m hopeful of us getting something from.

59 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

Chelsea to finish second? A couple of weeks ago it looked like the FA Cup Final would be a 50:50. It really doesn’t feel like that at the moment. 

Get out of here lol

1 minute ago, Nobbyburton said:

I’d worry about it being Harry Kane’s last game for them tbh. It’s really not funny how much he likes to score against us.

But yeah, Spurs is the one game I’m hopeful of us getting something from.

Can see him getting injured again before then, then miraculously be selected for the Euros.