Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

52 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I think we'll beat Spurs too. 

I would take it being in our hands on the last day. Obviously I'd rather we were 4 points clear, but I'm fairly convinced we'll beat Spurs.

13 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I could have swore Redknapp just called Tella Nutella.

He absolutely did lol

My missus turned to me and asked if Southampton really had a player called Nutella lol

• Haha 2

Mane diving cheating git.....watching Southampton is like watching us.....lots of possession but too slow and predictable with loads of backwards and sideways......want and need them to step up a gear or two but think I’m gonna Be dissappointed 

Not sure it's fair to say people are mad/crazy for fearing the worst. 

End of the day ......we look shit. Other teams look way better. We have a very recent history of bottling this exact situation. 

Mad is a strong word to use. The odds are drifting with each passing day since last Friday....it's just spotting a pattern. Yes it's a pessimistic view but I'd say it's also pretty realistic. 

Do I feel confident we go and win at OT? No. I don't. They recently put 6 past Roma....I'm not mad for fearing the worst. 

4 minutes ago, Eskay said:

Not sure it's fair to say people are mad/crazy for fearing the worst. 

End of the day ......we look shit. Other teams look way better. We have a very recent history of bottling this exact situation. 

Mad is a strong word to use. The odds are drifting with each passing day since last Friday....it's just spotting a pattern. Yes it's a pessimistic view but I'd say it's also pretty realistic. 

Do I feel confident we go and win at OT? No. I don't. They recently put 6 past Roma....I'm not mad for fearing the worst. 

I think if it was the first time we’d been in this situation I’d still be quite positive. But because of how we completely fell to pieces last season, i can’t bring myself to expect anything from the last 3. We kept getting results go our way last year and we only needed a couple of points. I remained hopeful right until the last game but we never improved, it was so frustrating. I don’t like to compare it because I feel like we’ve got a better team now, but somehow it feels exactly the same. 

Edited by Nobbyburton
  • Like 4

Let's face it, everyone around us are in form, but we aren't.  It's like we've run a marathon,  seen the finish line and our head has already passed the line, 500m before the tape. Let's hope we've got something left in the tank...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nobbyburton said:

I think if it was the first time we’d been in this situation I’d still be quite positive. But because of how we completely fell to pieces last season, i can’t bring myself to expect anything from the last 3. We kept getting results go our way last year and we only needed a couple of points. I remained hopeful right until the last game but we never improved, it was so frustrating. I don’t like to compare it because I feel like we’ve got a better team now, but somehow it feels exactly the same. 

I couldn't agree with you more mate. 

The second issue for me is (and I'll get slated for this I'm sure)...I'm not sure the application from the players is there. Ok fair enough we scored 2 at the end but we really looked like we couldn't be bothered. 

I also don't see players from West ham or Liverpool off to have a house party during the most crucial period. 

• Like 2