Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Results not looking good for us.

Chelsea overtook us.

Liverpool won. If they win their game in hand which we should assume, they will only be 3 points behind us. West Ham only 2. With our current form, I am not sure where our next win will come from.  Liverpool could win all their remaining games and then we could end up 5th or 6th.

Conceding 4 against Newcastle at home in front of Top is unforgivable. I watched it again on replay - there was no desire from us at the back. Fofana and Soyuncu gave up so easily when chasing - such a contrast compared to last ditched tackle Evans made against Palace. 

I am sad already we blew it, again.

Edited by Tom12345

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

Liverpool are still 6 points behind us by the way but ho hum. Not that we'll get any more points this season.

Spurs are there for the taking... I’m disappointed we have made this difficult, but we still have a decent chance 

20 minutes ago, simFox said:

Let's face it, everyone around us are in form, but we aren't.  It's like we've run a marathon,  seen the finish line and our head has already passed the line, 500m before the tape. Let's hope we've got something left in the tank...

finishline GIF

• Haha 3

No more excuses for these players that have such a weak mentality. I don't wanna hear excuses if we bottle this again. If we deserve to be in the champions league next year, we'll be there, if not, then we won't be there. This is 100% on us. Let's write our wrongs right for once on Tuesday. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Liverpool are still 6 points behind us by the way but ho hum. Not that we'll get any more points this season.

United, Cp, brom and burnley. Gotta think they win 3 of those....that makes it hard for us given the games we have left. Similar goal differences. This is going to be tough. Hope we find a way to keep 4th or steal 3rd. 

Edited by Jattdogg

The top four will end up being the four Super League willy pullers. No one will care after the faux outrage from the media a few weeks back. In fact behind the scenes they will probably be chuffed because audience will be maintained 

This weekend was always going to be tough after that shitshow last night.

Winning that game would put serious pressure on the others and make sure we were pretty much in control of our destiny in the final match. We've had the double blow of letting other teams pull closer whilst also not knowing how that result and performance will affect us going forward.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jattdogg said:

United, Cp, brom and burnley. Gotta think they win 3 of those....that makes it hard for us given the games we have left. Similar goal differences. This is going to be tough. Hope we find a way to keep 4th or steal 3rd. 

No we're ****ed I agree.

2 hours ago, Bert said:

We’re gonna beat Man Utd on Tuesday. Relax. They’ll turn Villa over tomorrow, and they’re not going to want to lose against Liverpool to hand them any chance of making champions league. This is Leicester City. We only do things the hard way. 

People saying we’re not good enough to get results from our last three. Great escape anyone? We were down and out. Buried. But managed to pull it off. The negativity from a lot of our supporters is absolutely harrowing beyond belief. I get some of it, the fixtures look daunting. We’ve beaten every team this season we have left to play comfortably. 

Thanks I needed this, I agree there's a lot of negativity on here, I usually like to see the brighter side of things, but you can understand after last season, why those questions are starting to get asked, with the last 2 performances. I was pretty chilled after Man City and West ham results, I guess the bar has just been raised, an when it slips so far away from what we have been used to in the last 2 years, it can be concerning. 

So it appears our players and management have learnt nothing from last season. Sod the we only take one game at a time malarkey! I want them all to look at the flippin table tonite because it doesn't look pretty. We are the team with our pants rolled down and everyone and their grandma is looking to jump ahead.  Where his our momentum Brendan?? We are past the point of being softy about this. Its full on hard dryer kick up the backside encouragement we need now or we are going to look like fools at the end of of this season, :mad:

2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Spurs are there for the taking... I’m disappointed we have made this difficult, but we still have a decent chance 

On a more negative look, Liverpool is a team that can put a winning run together. If they win their game in hand, they will only be 3 pts behind us. Even if we beat Spurs (but lose the other two), it may not be good enough. Also, I remember people were saying Southampton and Newcastle were there for 6 points. Easy taking. We got 1 point. No, if Newcastle did 4 on us, Spurs could do even more on us.

8 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Conceding 4 against Newcastle at home in front of Top is unforgivable. I watched it again on replay - there was no desire from us at the back. Fofana and Soyuncu gave up so easily when chasing - such a contrast compared to last ditched tackle Evans made against Palace. 

You crazy bastard!

Glutton for punishment?

Edited by Matt
  • Haha 1

The lads need a right kick up the backside, they’ve had last years utter capitulation as maturing time. If they don’t somehow recover now then they’ve not learned and it’ll be a rebuild job next year, fed up of Brendan insisting on a small squad too. 

7 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Results not looking good for us.

Chelsea overtook us.

Liverpool won. If they win their game in hand which we should assume, they will only be 3 points behind us. West Ham only 2. With our current form, I am not sure where our next win will come from.  Liverpool could win all their remaining games and then we could end up 5th or 6th.

August 2021 I’d have thought 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

So it appears our players and management have learnt nothing from last season. Sod the we only take one game at a time malarkey! I want them all to look at the flippin table tonite because it doesn't look pretty. We are the team with our pants rolled down and everyone and their grandma is looking to jump ahead.  Where his our momentum Brendan?? We are past the point of being softy about this. Its full on hard dryer kick up the backside encouragement we need now or we are going to look like fools at the end of of this season, :mad:

This is on Rodgers, not management.