Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Just now, Raw Dykes said:

We'll just need one more point to be sure, or a better GD than anyone else finishing on 66 points.

If Liverpool get to 66 points and we stay on 66 points it will be near impossible for us to have better goal difference, unless they get spanked 5/6 goals today 

Guest bennytwohats
2 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Er, with all the talk, did anyone actually consider that Liverpool might not win all their remaining games.

They might yet go on to win this but I agree. People seem to gold over the fact that winning three games is not quite as easy as each game individually might look on paper, particularly for a team that have struggled for consistency.

Not going to get ahead of myself, a long way to go here, but them dropping points would be hugely significant for us, obviously.

2 minutes ago, browniefox said:

If Liverpool get to 66 points and we stay on 66 points it will be near impossible for us to have better goal difference, unless they get spanked 5/6 goals today 

It was near impossible for relegation-fodder Leicester City to win the PL title.

7 minutes ago, lnkstern said:

The NBC announcers (Arlo White and Graeme Le Saux) have been citing L'pool's abysmal record against the relegated teams.

Then lo and behold WBA scores!

Ooh, Arlo? - I'll be changing streams then... 

5 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

It was near impossible for relegation-fodder Leicester City to win the PL title.

If you do the maths, for them to reach 66 points and us stay on 66. We currently have a better Goal difference by 1 goal. For them to win 2 games their goal difference increases by at least 2. For us to stay on 66 we lose 2 games, atleast a GD of minus 2, that's a swing of four goals. 

I only said near impossible because this game is going on and I can't see West brom winning by 4 or 5.