Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

3 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Well this is shite :cry:

Not sure what's happened tonight. We look so poor and they have looked good. We had beaten West Ham the last four times without conceding a goal. All good things must come to an end I guess. 

We'll have to spend another £50m on Portugese players after this I reckon. 

You can have Silva for £50m! :whistle:

• Haha 1

Just now, sdb said:

West Ham look very decent.. how bizarre 

They blow hot and cold. They're not great and we should beat them if we turn up. 

Big L for Wolves though. They should be beating teams like West Ham.

9 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Well this is shite :cry:

Not sure what's happened tonight. We look so poor and they have looked good. We had beaten West Ham the last four times without conceding a goal. All good things must come to an end I guess. 

We'll have to spend another £50m on Portugese players after this I reckon. 

West Ham have stiffled you, and you had no answer to it. Really obvious things like them doubling up on Traore, yet he's still tried to beat his men every time. Just a little thought and occasionally knocking the ball back inside to one of the midfielders would give his 2nd marker something to think about. Instead, he knows he can double up with his mate on Traore and make it harder for him to get a decent ball in because there is noway he'll change it up.

Barca have had you pants down with Semedo too if tonight anything to go by.

Wolves imo won't break into the top 6 because whilst they are a fantastic counter attacking team, they haven't evolved their style to break teams down that sit back. That's why they'll always give the top teams a good game as they come and attack them which suits them down to a tee. It's similar to us in the title winning season but we had the magic of Mahrez that could unlock defences that sat back and defended. As much as it can be frustrating, the way to have sustained success is to play with possession and break teams down with constant pressure. 

9 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

lol oh dear! 

Bayern and Man City lose by 3 today and now Wolves! Bad day for the elite clubs 

I saw it mentioned on Twitter that the clubs who finished their seasons the latest have struggled the most in the last week or two. Not an excuse but some context.

9 hours ago, Stadt said:

Wolves are fine until they're expected to win most of the time. Their style of play is too passive to go beyond 6th or 7th

It obviously didn't make the mainstream media but Nuno has made plenty of noises since the start of the season that he knows we are at the start of a "new cycle" and we need to move to a style with more possession and more dominance in games. That's why he was happy to let Jota and Doherty go. Obviously it's not gonna happen overnight though. Neves has Ben playing noticeably higher and Moutinho has looked jaded, which has left gaps in front of the defence. I'm sure he'll find a solution.