Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Newcastle fan on the BBC sport site suggesting the goal was a foul by Chilwell?

"That goal should have been disallowed. Chilwell kicked the back of Fernandez's leg. Other way round that gets given as a penalty these days so when the defender gets kicked, even if it's barely anything, it has to be the same surely?"

4 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

"That goal should have been disallowed. Chilwell kicked the back of Fernandez's leg. Other way round that gets given as a penalty these days so when the defender gets kicked, even if it's barely anything, it has to be the same surely?"

Trouble is I think he'd already stuck the ball in his own net by then.

• Like 1

Guest StevieLynex
On 16/11/2020 at 08:29, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Do find it funny and almost, in fact very cringe the way the press are bigging up grealish because he did a few good things for a very average team last night (didn't watch the game but it xNt have been extra ordinary as they're saying, we didn't score) . I rate him highly but quoting romanticised Orwell literature about Southgate finally understanding he's decent (opening his eyes for a change) is a bit much, borderline pathetic when we were apparently so shit last night. 

Bit like Rashford, Sterling and Sancho then

2 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

Bit like Rashford, Sterling and Sancho then

Grealish has been doing great things for Villa for a while, sancho this season hasn’t started great admittedly but been one of the best young players in the world, with an amazing contribution being involved with lots of goals Dortmund have scored. Rashford fair on that one but shows potential and does have ability, the Man U side though isn’t great in general. Sterling has been one of the best performers for Man City over the last couple of seasons... 

11 minutes ago, 09bballer said:

Trouble is I think he'd already stuck the ball in his own net by then.

I guess that is what VAR does now - everyone looks to see where a goal can be disallowed.

Again is comes down to how they use the clear and obvious idea - was it?

If it had been chalked off people would have complained that it "isn't in the spirit of  the game"
Edited by Super_horns

2 minutes ago, Super_horns said:
I guess that is what VAR does now - everyone looks to see where a goal can be disallowed.

Again is comes down to how they use the clear and obvious idea - was it?

If it had been chalked off people would have complained that it "isn't in the spirit of  the game"

It isn’t a foul for me.... the defending was just absolutely terrible 

18 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

It's probably a fair point that a penalty would be given with a similar sort of contact. Still don't think it should be disallowed though, it's a ball across the six yard box, there is going to be some sort of contact between players. 

Guest StevieLynex
16 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Taking into account outlay and value for money (adjusted for inflation) - is Joelinton the worst signing in Premier League history?

Maguire is

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

Great player, even though he hasn’t been at his best today he will still make things happen 

Werner, in terms of how he plays and looks, reminds me of a young Mark Robins

image.png.913700d6f288c0e13a3267ef5fdb5f03.png

18 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Taking into account outlay and value for money (adjusted for inflation) - is Joelinton the worst signing in Premier League history?

You aware of the ever-obliging Leicester City thread? 🤦🏻‍♂️