Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

27 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Former ref Peter Walton talking nonsense as well. The ref clearly didnt see that March got the ball so it is a clear and obvious error. For once, VAR has worked and the ref has got to the right decision. It is the right thing if the var ref is unsure to get the ref to go to the monitor. The clear and obvious thing is bollocks anyway. 

Absolutely. It is surely desirable that when the ref wrongly gives a penalty for what he thinks he saw rather than what actually happened, VAR can correct the error.

2 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

There wasnt really much in it. Not a great deal of chances for either side and then Barkley hit a pearler in the last minute. We were awful but a 0-0 would have been the right result  

They were pressing high and Grealish and Barkley were constantly pinning us back. Forfana was fantastic and kept us in it, we were getting over run in the 2nd half and it was coming. We looked to of done enough to knick a draw but they were 100% the better team.

I think this title will be between Spurs, Chelsea and Man City. I think Liverpool’s injury’s and their squad all been played so much over the last 2/3 years means they might of come to the end of their cycle.

Chelsea for me are favourites as I think Spurs will drop to many dodgy points, they were lucky vs West Brom and Burnley to not drop 2 points . Man City look in transition but with Laporte/Diaz they will be challenging if they can get a top striker in Jan.
I can’t believe they have not planned for a cover option for Aguero, I guess it’s hard to get anyone near the level, similar to our situation with JV.

6 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

I think this title will be between Spurs, Chelsea and Man City. I think Liverpool’s injury’s and their squad all been played so much over the last 2/3 years means they might of come to the end of their cycle.

Chelsea for me are favourites as I think Spurs will drop to many dodgy points, they were lucky vs West Brom and Burnley to not drop 2 points . Man City look in transition but with Laporte/Diaz they will be challenging if they can get a top striker in Jan.
I can’t believe they have not planned for a cover option for Aguero, I guess it’s hard to get anyone near the level, similar to our situation with JV.

Can't see Man City being anywhere near the top (points wise) come the end of the season, said it for ages, they look awful this year.

16 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

They were pressing high and Grealish and Barkley were constantly pinning us back. Forfana was fantastic and kept us in it, we were getting over run in the 2nd half and it was coming. We looked to of done enough to knick a draw but they were 100% the better team.

I agree but they created little and we defended well. 0-0 would have been fair. If we had won 1-0 it would have been very unjust. 

1 minute ago, deanolegend1989 said:

See this is why these decisions and VAR will never be perfect because for me that isn’t a handball.

It was 80% chest/knee and maybe brushed his hand a little bit, but for me these decisions are killing the game. Unless it’s clear intentional hand ball it should be let play on.

He had plenty of time to get his hand away though which I think is key to it. Also without using his hand there's no guarantee he is able to control it and pass to Laporte.