Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

46 minutes ago, Pablito said:

Just looking at players earnings a bit earlier, David de Gea of Man Utd in 9 seasons has earnt £76 million and his latest contract (5 years) will mean he will in total have been paid £155 million!!   I also noticed that Chelsea have 16 players on £100 000 plus per week with Ben Chilwell (highest paid) on £190 000. What a time to be a premier league player. 

Chilwell is Chelsea’s highest earner ?

and their highest earner is 190k/week ?

not convinced ....would be amazed if havertz or werner’s agents failed to get them 200k, especially Werner whose release clause was only 50m 

and Thiago silva was a free - would he have signed for less than 10m ? 

22 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Chilwell is Chelsea’s highest earner ?

and their highest earner is 190k/week ?

not convinced ....would be amazed if havertz or werner’s agents failed to get them 200k, especially Werner whose release clause was only 50m 

and Thiago silva was a free - would he have signed for less than 10m ? 

I looked at about 5 different sources, Timo Werner second highest paid £170 000.Thiago Silva is 36, £200 000 a week? I doubt it. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Pablito said:

I looked at about 5 different sources, Timo Werner second highest paid £170 000.Thiago Silva is 36, £200 000 a week? I doubt it. 

Silva was on 300k per week at PSG. He has signed for one year and it was a free. Romano reports his weekly salary to be 115k .... if I was working for HMRC i would be looking where in the world the s/o fee went ........

Guest StevieLynex
1 hour ago, The whole world smiles said:

Ben Chillwell is on more than kante? 

Embarrassing. i wonder how much Castagne is on - miles better than BC

50 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Silva was on 300k per week at PSG. He has signed for one year and it was a free. Romano reports his weekly salary to be 115k .... if I was working for HMRC i would be looking where in the world the s/o fee went ........

My signing on fee for my last job was a pair of steep toe capped boots, a hi viz jacket and 2 pairs of gloves lol

Do find it funny and almost, in fact very cringe the way the press are bigging up grealish because he did a few good things for a very average team last night (didn't watch the game but it xNt have been extra ordinary as they're saying, we didn't score) . I rate him highly but quoting romanticised Orwell literature about Southgate finally understanding he's decent (opening his eyes for a change) is a bit much, borderline pathetic when we were apparently so shit last night. 

34 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Do find it funny and almost, in fact very cringe the way the press are bigging up grealish because he did a few good things for a very average team last night (didn't watch the game but it xNt have been extra ordinary as they're saying, we didn't score) . I rate him highly but quoting romanticised Orwell literature about Southgate finally understanding he's decent (opening his eyes for a change) is a bit much, borderline pathetic when we were apparently so shit last night. 

To be fair they'd do the same if it was Maddison and you'd not have a problem. They do it with any new player on the block and rightly so right now given how turgid and abhorrent this Southgate regime is.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2020 at 14:21, gerrytaggart said:

A really interesting but frustrating read - I really wish the author could just say what he clearly wants to say but I get the feeling he is tiptoeing around this country's ridiculously strict libel laws.

55 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah I heard something about how he "came of age" as an England player last night which is a weird thing to say when he lost, to nil, having not scored, assisted or really even created much other than set piece opportunities by drawing fouls. 

I rate him and I think he should be in the England side but he's definitely got some growing to do as a player. I've said before that the big test for Grealish when he leaves Villa is how he transitions from being the Small Pond Big Fish to being just a cog in a well run machine

Last night he played like he plays for Villa, looking like he's got no team mates. I appreciate at Villa a lot of the time he probably DOES have to do it all himself. If he wants to truly be a great midfielder he needs to get better at bringing his team in to play. 

A fair few times last night he had good passing options on but ignored them because he wasn't finished impressive everyone with his dribbling yet. The net result is just slowing the play down. Even if he goes on a run and draws a foul, so what? Belgium play with three big centre halves, plus Lukaku, De Bruyne and a giant goalkeeper. Its not like winning set pieces was ever going to be an easy route to goal. 

When Madders gets the ball, his first thought is nearly always who he can bring in to play. Grealish's first thought seems to be who can I beat or bait. 

He's come a long way and proved a lot of doubters wrong but he's still got a fair bit to do IMO. 

Obviously he could go to Man U

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

To be fair they'd do the same if it was Maddison and you'd not have a problem. They do it with any new player on the block and rightly so right now given how turgid and abhorrent this Southgate regime is.

This is it. It's how the media work, hype them and build them up to the heavens initially so they can chop them back down and superimpose a turnip onto said players face when England get knocked out a major tournament.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

See some of where you’re coming from but Grealish didn’t have anyone to bring into play yesterday. 

I don't agree to he honest, quite often I watched as he had team mates in space and tried to dribble instead, either getting fouled or running down an alley and having to turn round and dribble back. 

End of the day, you can be the best dribbler in the world but the ball is still going to move faster with a pass. No player on the planet is faster than the ball. 

He's a capable passer, he'd be much better if he got it out of his feet and used his team mates. 

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I don't agree to he honest, quite often I watched as he had team mates in space and tried to dribble instead, either getting fouled or running down an alley and having to turn round and dribble back. 

End of the day, you can be the best dribbler in the world but the ball is still going to move faster with a pass. No player on the planet is faster than the ball. 

He's a capable passer, he'd be much better if he got it out of his feet and used his team mates. 

Capable but nothing really that great.

I'd much prefer someone like Maddison against a low block than to watch Grealish run into trouble time after time.

50 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Funny how all of Grealish's previous indiscretions have swiftly become long-forgotten history whilst the Daily Mail currently instigate a pile-on against Marcus Rashford for *checks notes* his charity work.

The good thing this time is that people are seeing through it. Most know exactly why they are doing it and are going for the instigator rather than the subject.

• Like 2

Just now, AKCJ said:

Capable but nothing really that great.

I'd much prefer someone like Maddison against a low block than to watch Grealish run into trouble time after time.

Yeah I don't particularly disagree although I do understand why Maddison wasn't in this squad. 

I'm surprised anyone made a big deal out of it to be fair, he's been injured for a fair while and has only just gotten back to playing 90 mins. 

Granted we probably all know that's not the only reason Southgate didn't pick him but I do think not being in the squad was the best thing for his recovery. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah I don't particularly disagree although I do understand why Maddison wasn't in this squad. 

I'm surprised anyone made a big deal out of it to be fair, he's been injured for a fair while and has only just gotten back to playing 90 mins. 

Granted we probably all know that's not the only reason Southgate didn't pick him but I do think not being in the squad was the best thing for his recovery. 

I'm more annoyed he's chinned Ross Barkley off for daring to go in search of first team football and finding some form not seen since his breakout year at Everton. 

• Like 1