Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Villa are a vile set of cheating rats and should be relegated. Fantastic refereeing from Oliver and dreadful commentary from Keown. Hopefully this sets a precedent that you cant theatrically throw yourself on the floor at the slightest touch. Got what they deserved. And as good as Grealish is, he is a horrible cheat and has got Lamptey sent off there for nothing 

• Like 3

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

That is not a penalty. What is Keown watching. Imagine his reaction if that was given against him.

I can't believe he's so convinced that was a pen. Fouls are only given when the ball is won if there's excessive force in the challenge. There's no way that was the case there. He nicked the ball away and caught the man slightly afterwards. Trezeguet went down like he'd been shot.

Just now, Vacamion said:

Before the pen, Grealish was chucking himself to the floor for Lamptey's 2and yellow.

Get it right up you, Villa.  :scarf:

Good piece in comms where they mentioned how fouls on Grealish have been highlighted and suggested that was a potential reason

• Like 1

I was having a leisurely Saturday afternoon watching the football and Keown has managed to get me really riled up. It’s an insult to my intelligence that he gets a co-comm gig on Premier League matches.

Thought Welbeck was fantastic and Lamptey was unlucky to be sent off, cracking player. 

2 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Someone in this thread said earlier Villa’s game plan is about diving and winning free kicks. They took it to extremes in those last five mins there and it nearly worked - would have without VAR.

It is exactly what they do and their win over Liverpool has made people think they are a good side when they arent. They still have the same garbage players that nearly got relegated last season and have added Watkins who is decent and Barkley who is always injured. Grealish is a top player but the rest are average to poor. They'll finish lower mid table this season. Us losing to them in the league cup semi last season and then 1-0 this season is disgusting as they really are not very good at all and didnt deserve to win either time. 

Former ref Peter Walton talking nonsense as well. The ref clearly didnt see that March got the ball so it is a clear and obvious error. For once, VAR has worked and the ref has got to the right decision. It is the right thing if the var ref is unsure to get the ref to go to the monitor. The clear and obvious thing is bollocks anyway.