Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

2 minutes ago, Arkie Bennett said:

I wonder how Man U would react if someone did it against them (in the unlikely event that a ref awarded a penalty to their opponents).

The unlikely event that's happened 4 times this season (which makes them joint second for penalties conceded) 

9 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

He was miles of his line, It wasn't even close. He closed the angle down and made it harder for the rat to score. 

What was worse for me was that the keeper didn't learn from his mistake and was off the line for the second as well. He needs some practice. 

He was a yard at most, I don’t see how this rule needed to be brought in, odds was already heavily on the penalty takers side before it

4 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

He was a yard at most, I don’t see how this rule needed to be brought in, odds was already heavily on the penalty takers side before it

It was the one of the clearest one I've seen, it was visible without VAR I really don't have a problem with that decision. Johnstone needs to wise up IMO. However don't let that take away from the joke that has been the officiating in this match. Match fixing at its worst!

9 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Yes - usually they stick with the original decision.

But 

7 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Asking the ref to go to the monitor is code for 'change your decision'.

Exactly - only graham Scott at spurs refused to change his decision and he got slaughtered for it 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Foxin_Mad said:

West Brom deserve something from this United are dogshit, it's a travesty for the Premier League if they win this.

Just look on the bright side - it extends Ole's stint as manager. They're going nowhere as long as that charlatan's there.

Hoddle just said this Man Utd side have shown progression. Despite all the inconsistencies so far between all competitions and being considerably worse than 2nd half of last season.

Then says against Everton they played really well, got the result. Tonight has been 'indifferent'.

Is that progression?

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Hoddle just said this Man Utd side have shown progression. Despite all the inconsistencies so far between all competitions and being considerably worse than 2nd half of last season.

Then says against Everton they played really well, got the result. Tonight has been 'indifferent'.

Is that progression?

Unbelievable. With a quarter of the season gone, this is their first home league win, isn't it? Incredibly fortunate to scrape a win against what is essentially a Championship side.