Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

6 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I'm going to be consistent and say I didn't think the WBA pen shout was a pen. Very similar to the Villa one where there was clearly contact on the ball. However the United pen shouldn't have been given as there was a clear foul on Gallagher that lead to the penalty

That isn’t the point though - the ref thought both were pens and gave them 

there has to be unequivocal evidence that the ref has got it wrong for var to intervene - I could understand the villa intervention as March got a big touch on the ball.  It was understandable that the var asked Oliver if he saw the touch.  The West Brom review was ridiculous - it’s simply not a clear error to give the pen ......

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I think it’s time the fa scrapped var. it doesn’t work consistency and never will because of the human factor of officials looking at a monitor still being able to make a mistake. They tried it and it’s a failure, whatever anyone says. No one in the game wants it so why persist.

Most of it is subjective but tonight seem to be the case of the ref getting it right then changing his mind !

Is that because VAR asked him to or he wanted to ?

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

That isn’t the point though - the ref thought both were pens and gave them 

there has to be unequivocal evidence that the ref has got it wrong for var to intervene - I could understand the villa intervention as March got a big touch on the ball.  It was understandable that the var asked Oliver if he saw the touch.  The West Brom review was ridiculous - it’s simply not a clear error to give the pen ......

But Fernandes also got a touch on the ball as well....

Now to send my beloved forum into meltdown....

I like L'pool & Klopp ( I am also a BvB fan). But..

If Leicester cant win the title,I would prefer either Everton or Spurs win the title...I like Lampard but Not Chelsea...

Spurs look like ( After These 8 games) they have a Good alround team...Leicester/Everton/Spurs..

could Lineker be looking for a hatrick of ex- clubs in the next few years to take the title...Would he well up & tears Flow for One of  his secondary teams...??

I wonder if we will see this season settle down into its traditional ways,or will we regular see upsets ,& unexpected results pop up even more....

One Thing is  for sure, Man.city have lost their Clean Clinical self-belief & at the moment their magic. Their Multi Million group of players look lethargisch & somewhat clueless..!!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That Brighton game where Utd somehow got 3 points and then this tonight is just jaw dropping, they ought to be 5 points worse off in 17th place.

Ridiculous isn't it? Firstly a penalty after the final whistle had been blown and frankly 6 minutes of utterly atrocious decision making

• Like 1

That united game just makes me sick. So transparent that it’s a fix and it will continue all season until they get results back in there favour. 

Hate to say it but we are in line for a shit storm of terrible decisions. Especially with the ref line up for tomorrow’s game. Honestly, he’s not going to give us anything after the VVD incident 

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

Most of it is subjective but tonight seem to be the case of the ref getting it right then changing his mind !

Is that because VAR asked him to or he wanted to ?

Who knows, the point that var doesn’t make decisions black or white, as was the idea behind it, and if anything, it puts more pressure on refs and linesmen due to the fact it undermines there authority. It’s pointless and a technology that’s not required and no one wants it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

I think it’s time the fa scrapped var. it doesn’t work consistency and never will because of the human factor of officials looking at a monitor still being able to make a mistake. They tried it and it’s a failure, whatever anyone says. No one in the game wants it so why persist.

But the error probability decreases a lot since the referee can now make his decision after analyzing the action on a monitor, whatever the decision is you can be sure it is better than it would be without VAR.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, twister said:

Who needs to be a semi decent manager when you have penalties every week eh.

Its so bloody obvious whats going on but we can prove nothing so just carry on with the farce. luckily i dont pay a single penny towards it this year, hurrah.

I'd be interested to see responses if this was Real Madrid or Juventus.

8 hours ago, twister said:

Who needs to be a semi decent manager when you have penalties every week eh.

Its so bloody obvious whats going on but we can prove nothing so just carry on with the farce. luckily i dont pay a single penny towards it this year, hurrah.

Hope this sentiment works against Rodgers as well keeping him out of the elite list of managers and with us for many years. 

Or is it just the big boys having a ready made excuse for when we win it again. Conspiracy theory? 

Or could it be that we are now one of the big boys and the puppet masters knew before we did? 

Liverpool sites have certainly picked up on how many penalties we've had and taken the logical conclusion that if they had had that many penalties, they would have won the league already. Obviously they understand that the penalties are predetermined and not at all indicative of performance. 

Have we swapped places with Liverpool and those plucky little underdogs need to slink back into oblivion so we can take back our rightful place? 😱🤣

54 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

They were laughing about it on MOTD last night, but Wright is right. If we're gonna be strict on keepers coming off the line then don't let the penalty taker piss about on their run up.

Never understood the keeper thing anyway because they're bound to jump forward due to momentum. How difficult would be just to jump left/right without moving forwards? 

Absolute corrupt decisions anyway. The whole "respect the ref" is nonsense when they don't do the same.

Agree about the taker though. Shouldn't be allowed to do fancy things in the run up.

Edited by Fox92

If the ref goes to look at the screen it's almost certain he's going to change his mind. The VAR ref obviously has doubt else he would agree with decision. We thought them looking at the screen would be better, but the VAR ref is still influencing the refs decision.