Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

5 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Harry Kane speaking on Sky sports after the game. He was asked ‘is it a more open for the league with other teams involved’.

I thought to myself, will he mention us 😂.

’Yeah teams like Leeds, Wolves, Everton...’ then you could see the sign in his face ‘Leicester..’ 😂.

It told a story how he still thinks of us after he looked like a tinpot footballer with us. He definitely doesn’t like us for that still(probably didn’t help we stood between him getting a medal).

He actually said not just the top 6 before listing those teams too. 

4 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Harry Kane speaking on Sky sports after the game. He was asked ‘is it a more open for the league with other teams involved’.

I thought to myself, will he mention us 😂.

’Yeah teams like Leeds, Wolves, Everton...’ then you could see the sign in his face ‘Leicester..’ 😂.

It told a story how he still thinks of us after he looked like a tinpot footballer with us. He definitely doesn’t like us for that still(probably didn’t help we stood between him getting a medal).

I'm not sure that he looked tinpot with us and I think we gave him plenty of encouragement and support. It does sound like something went wrong for him here and was surprised with his ear cup celebration on his first return after scoring against us. Either that or he's just a bit thick. 

2 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Could you understand a word he said through the dribbling?

Not really 😂. Thank god he was a footballer.

1 minute ago, bmt said:

He actually said not just the top 6 before listing those teams too. 

Was it just me who felt he literally didn’t want to say us but then felt he had to because we were top?

He mentioned Leeds in 15th, if we were 15th would there be a way In hell we’d be mentioned for the title? 🤦‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

City have hit the ceiling for me, this side isn’t too far above average. Jesus is a bit shit in all honesty, and Sergio can’t stay fit. Their defence is crap too. It’s a major opportunity for a new PL champion this year. 

I don't think that City are anywhere near the ceiling yet especially with the number of young players in the squad. A win tomorrow will see City back at the top. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

I'm not sure that he looked tinpot with us and I think we gave him plenty of encouragement and support. It does sound like something went wrong for him here and was surprised with his ear cup celebration on his first return after scoring against us. Either that or he's just a bit thick. 

He was horribly poor with us I think. I got to hold my hands up and admit, I didn’t think he’d ever become a top striker, which I begrudgingly admit his numbers speak for themselves.

It was partly due to Pearson using him often on the LW which didn’t work. I remember in the 12/13 I was sitting in the home end away to Brighton and he was shockingly bad for us which Brighton fans around me seemed to notice too.

Saying that as a number 9 in the middle role, he’s turned into a top striker. We had Chris Wood there at the time and Kane on LW(Vardy on the bench) 🤦‍♂️.
I’m a huge Pearson fan but that was the only part of his 2 reigns when I questioned him, he made some bizarre decisions and our last gasp win at the City ground covered the cracks.

Spurs are nothing special, let's be honest and although they have a manager who knows how to win things the mentality at the club will make it very nervy for them if they are properly in the mix come the business end of the season.

Glad to see Man City the absolute pits, I think they'll have a shocking season.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Mawuli said:

Well it wasn't supposed to be ruled out so he's right to moan

Nah, these big club players think they can moan about anything. Happy to give it out (Man City make so many deliberate fouls) but can’t take it back. Absolute worst.