Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Hoddle just said this Man Utd side have shown progression. Despite all the inconsistencies so far between all competitions and being considerably worse than 2nd half of last season.

Then says against Everton they played really well, got the result. Tonight has been 'indifferent'.

Is that progression?

The frequencies from hoddles pacemaker interferes with his brain cell

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

Late to the party but no idea how that was overturned for the West Brom penalty. What did he see the second time he didn't see before?

Very odd.

Like I said earlier, once the VAR official tells the ref to look at the monitor it is planting the seed of doubt into the ref's mind that he has got it wrong, even if he hasn't.

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Like I said earlier, once the VAR official tells the ref to look at the monitor it is planting the seed of doubt into the ref's mind that he has got it wrong, even if he hasn't.

I don't have a problem with that on paper, I don't have a problem with the VAR fully making calls tbh. I've said loads of times before, the idea of the sanctity of the ref being some sort of divine ultimate power is stupid. Football is a team sport, that includes the officiating team

The VAR has a view to watch it from a zillion different angles in slow motion.

Ultimately the problem here isn't the VAR itself, it's the ridiculous interpretation of the rules. The idea that it's not a foul if a player gets an atom of their toe on the ball first or that it isn't a dive if an atom of a defender's boot scrapes an attacker, its stupid. But you can't say it's inconsistent, it's been like it for years because the league won't let refs make subjective common sense calls. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Peter Walton actually slagging off the var ! 

I'm normally critical that he seems to side with the referees regardless of the situation. However fair play to him, he's absolutely savaged the VAR and officiating in a very articulate and factual way tonight.

I think it’s time the fa scrapped var. it doesn’t work consistency and never will because of the human factor of officials looking at a monitor still being able to make a mistake. They tried it and it’s a failure, whatever anyone says. No one in the game wants it so why persist.

11 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

Var needs to go. It basically gives the same talking points you would get without it, I.e is it a penalty or isn’t it, but the flow of the game is gone and you can’t celebrate a goal properly anymore. 

Var needs to stay. Now when a penalty isn't given against man u, they can't say 'Well, his line of vision', or 'it's a split second thing'. Three sets of eyes reviewed it in slow motion from the perfect angle and cheat. And everyone is clear what happened. No excuses. Hopefully, eventually, the cheating will have to change.

• Like 2

I'm going to be consistent and say I didn't think the WBA pen shout was a pen. Very similar to the Villa one where there was clearly contact on the ball. However the United pen shouldn't have been given as there was a clear foul on Gallagher that lead to the penalty

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

The Solksjaer reign encapsulated. They're a slightly above average team with a below average manager, who's key player is VAR.

Who needs to be a semi decent manager when you have penalties every week eh.

Its so bloody obvious whats going on but we can prove nothing so just carry on with the farce. luckily i dont pay a single penny towards it this year, hurrah.