Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

3 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

The difference is far more about Liverpool’s drop off than Brighton being any better than us. If we’d have had the chance to get in behind last week like Brighton have this week we would have.

The fact this is a massively different Liverpool outfit than the one we faced isn't being mentioned enough. Designed to be more attacking than the one used to nullify us.

38 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I could accept us losing to these if we had a go like Brighton are

Until Brighton win away at Man City and Arsenal and start mixing it with the top 4 like we do then I'll trust the game plan of Rodgers. 

We tried to have a pop at the very best and were abysmal at doing so, I wish we could be better in that regard and hopefully over time we will be if we have to play pragmatic counter attacking football at certain times then so be it, we score enough fcukin goals over the course of a season anyway.

40 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Is it controversial to say I wouldn't mind us having a look at Connolly as Vardy's understudy? He's still so young - I think there's a load of potential there. 

Wouldn't represent value for money for the player he is, barely scored any goals yet and they'd want more than £30m for him. No thanks.

Given the last post of mine was removed, I'll point out instead that Liverpool got turned over midweek by Atalanta at home - perhaps that & today give an indication of where their priority was in the past week or so. We should treat it as a compliment, even if it meant we had a bad day.

• Like 3

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

Given the last post of mine was removed, I'll point out instead that Liverpool got turned over midweek by Atalanta at home - perhaps that & today give an indication of where their priority was in the past week or so. We should treat it as a compliment, even if it meant we had a bad day.

This - I was thinking exactly this - 

Klopps job was easy when they played us ...  oh look what the papers are saying ...  could it be Leicesters season again ???  ...  half of Liverpools players are missing and they are playing a ‘very weakened’ team ...  we might as well give up as they are going to be far too good for you lot. They came out like men possessed and we buckled immediately.   

43 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

So the last 2 Liverpool games we’ve had carragher and mcmanan as co commentary’s. I wouldn’t mind but both are so biased it’s ridiculous. 

And they are both awful commentators, especially Mcmanaman who just agrees with everything the other bloke says.

In fact it really is incredible how many ex Liverpool players actually work on TV & Radio, especially considering they cannot talk properly

• Like 1

"Wot can yer say abow Diego Shotta?" enquires Macca. Well, getting his ****ing name right would be a start. Then complains about a Brighton player being clattered and getting a free-kick- "Howshat a farl, Fletch?"

And White gets booked for a perfectly timed and clean tackle. Thankfully the goal was ruled out following it.

• Like 1