Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Yes it can still be checked. 

It can, but would it? I think that was the question. If it's a yellow it's checked to see if it's a red. If it's nothing it has to be a clear and obvious error to change in to a red. Is this right. Genuinely interested in being corrected if this isn't the case.

23 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

I don't know about "fans expectations". The bar has been set and we should strive not just to be a top six side but emulate that magnificent achievement.

Why should we think that because we won the title we can't do it again. Remember, Liverpool with all their resources have only won the EPL once and they, I'm sure, would want to win it again.

Liverpool have won it 19 times now. It's still the top flight, just rebranded. If you're talking about clubs consistently winning trophies then you've got to look further back than 1992. As I said, both them and Man Utd are the most consistent winners in the Country which is why they're the biggest clubs.

28 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

I don't know about "fans expectations". The bar has been set and we should strive not just to be a top six side but emulate that magnificent achievement.

Why should we think that because we won the title we can't do it again. Remember, Liverpool with all their resources have only won the EPL once and they, I'm sure, would want to win it again.

??? But we are striving but in a realistic and sustainable way 

We are as I’ve said in another thread victims of instant gratification, where I mention fans expectations it is used in the immediate sense not that we shouldn’t want to do it again.

I think most fans at the start of the season will order their priorities with don’t get relegated, hit top 10 push top 4 win the bloody thing but there are those that reverse that order and whilst it’s perfectly right to dream it’s not realistic with our Premier lge figures since 2014. 1 season has raised the bar and in doing so has smashed all logic.

ps Never a Red 

Edited by BKLFox

3 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Yep - Racism is a cancer and every Country has it to varying degrees.  We have it here in Austria, trust me.

So you’re telling me that the birthplace of Hitler may have some racism? Well I am shocked!! :o

12 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Liverpool have won it 19 times now. It's still the top flight, just rebranded. If you're talking about clubs consistently winning trophies then you've got to look further back than 1992. As I said, both them and Man Utd are the most consistent winners in the Country which is why they're the biggest clubs.

Yeah but how long did it take Liverpool to win the "rebranded" EPL?

What exactly is the point of West Brom in the premier league? Apart from their great escape and when we play them, I cant recall anything about their irrelevant Premier League spells at all.

Hope they go straight back down, good thing is its looking likely.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Harry96 said:

People on here were turning their noses up at zaha lol. Him and eze on the same team should be illegal 

They are both good players and link up well but they are playing West Brom so lets not get carried away just yet.

Zaha has fantastic stats this season and will keep Palace in the league by himself, but let's not forget he'd cost us about 70m and 150k a week in wages, and being 28 years old at the minute (27 in the summer), he'd have little to no-resale value. There's just no way we'd have the finances to buy a player like him.