Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

48 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Absolutely disgraceful. Most overpaid manager in Europe by an absolute mile. How on earth did we get suckered in that badly?

He's a top manager. Given time he will prove it. Wasn't long ago he was being linked to Man City.

• Haha 2

It's going to be fascinating seeing how Rodgers performs and reacts this season. If we don't strengthen and he makes excuses for it then as far as I'm concerned he doesn't give a shit about us and is here just for the money in the hope he gets paid off. He was very vocal at Celtic and Liverpool about transfers and a lack of, but now he's hoodwinked £8m a year here I think he'll play a much different media game...

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Man City are nothing but cheats, they escaped a ban and now about to sign the most expensive player 

Not sure he'll be that expensive. Free transfer potentially. Yes his wages will be astronomical but the money he brings in in sponsorship, shirt sales etc will actually mean that he would be affordable for any club. He just seems to want to join Man City and Pep

*Still filthy cheats though that should give us their champions league place

11 hours ago, when_you're_smiling said:

https://t.co/lH5b9IAsx7

Wolves boss Nuno Espirito Santo is stalling on signing a new contract due to worries over his transfer funds.

The Portuguese who is desperate to kick on after two consecutive seventh place finishes knows that will entail some lavish spending.

But the popular Molinuex chief is aware that the club’s owners are tightening the purse strings and are prepared to wheel and deal.

It’s why he is holding back on agreeing a new three year deal – his current one has less than 12 months to run – concerned that he will not be able to bring in suitable reinforcements.

11 hours ago, The Bear said:

lol

We're doing no different than we always do. 

wolves have as issue with their owners. 

irrespective of what the public message is, I know from my Chinese partners that now is not the time for spending big money in the uk

whilst that doesn’t mean they will be pulling out, it could make them reticent about some of the big deals nuno may want and also his long term future there.

20 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Not sure he'll be that expensive. Free transfer potentially. Yes his wages will be astronomical but the money he brings in in sponsorship, shirt sales etc will actually mean that he would be affordable for any club. He just seems to want to join Man City and Pep

*Still filthy cheats though that should give us their champions league place

ffp takes that in consideration yes but 800k a week! after escaping a ban

3 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

ffp takes that in consideration yes but 800k a week! after escaping a ban

Yes but 800k a week (I reckon it’ll actually be more) won’t actually cost them anywhere near that. In fact at 800k. a week they will probably be in profit as Messi is easily worth 40+ million a season in additional revenue.

7 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Yes but 800k a week (I reckon it’ll actually be more) won’t actually cost them anywhere near that. In fact at 800k. a week they will probably be in profit as Messi is easily worth 40+ million a season in additional revenue.

I think it is a kick in the balls that is all... especially when they have already signed an average defender for 40m and Torres for 25m... sure Sane went, but they are hardly holding back their spending since being let off... 

4 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I think it is a kick in the balls that is all... especially when they have already signed an average defender for 40m and Torres for 25m... sure Sane went, but they are hardly holding back their spending since being let off... 

Tbf over the last decade or so they have increased the stature of the team to an extent where they have a very large revenue stream and can afford things like that. I’m more concerned with Chelsea’s disregard of ffp at the minute. Even Leeds are overspending more than Man City in my opinion.

9 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

They spent £90mill on Pulisic and Kovacic in the period Hazard was sold. 

they spent the pulisic money in the jan 2019 window and got away with signing kovacic in the summer because the deal was agreed at the commencement of the loan deal before the ban started.  I think the moratta money covered most of that outlay ???  They are signing two extra big money players this summer because they missed out on making these buys last summer/January. 

despite them pleading poverty and running the club without outside investment, they remain roman’s plaything ......

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

they spent the pulisic money in the jan 2019 window and got away with signing kovacic in the summer because the deal was agreed at the commencement of the loan deal before the ban started.  I think the moratta money covered most of that outlay ???  They are signing two extra big money players this summer because they missed out on making these buys last summer/January. 

despite them pleading poverty and running the club without outside investment, they remain roman’s plaything ......

The media reports do tend to stretch this money further than logical. But your last point os spot on, they remain Roman's hobby and he pumps millions in.  Chelsea now can't complain around the Man City/United spending after this summer.  

6 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again - salary cap. 
There's too much money swanning about the league and it's going to iffy places. I know it's being debated by Leagues 1 and 2 but I think it needs to be across the board. You can't have clubs spending 70% or more just on player wages. Sure, the PFA and the agents will kick up a fuss but, come on, average yearly salaries for EPL players are now £3 million. I know we've thought the bubble might burst before but you can't keep that up indefinitely. 

League 1 have it in place this year and I'd assume next year. It's not the best implementation they've got but it definitely makes more sense in the PL as it's not like clubs can be too big for the league as it's a high as they can go. Even if the salary cap is £3m a week or something it still means the big clubs will be able to spend more which is kind of fair enough but also means the smaller clubs can keep their players and can buy smartly and have a chance of competing.