Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

9 hours ago, twister said:

looks like arsenal are selling bellerin found by the scout they have just sacked after years.

that means soares will start for them, adding to luiz gabriel, willian and co that's quite the portuguese speaking quartet arsenal are building there this year. I am sure a certain agent there is delighted at events.

Maitland-Niles will be the starting rwb 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DanNDH88 said:

Maitland-Niles will be the starting rwb 

bet you soares will start instead

maitland niles has never enjoyed playing there and the club were almost willing to sell him last week before a turnaround in opinion.

On 31/08/2020 at 11:00, casablancas said:

Maybe ... I mean I love watching four well off (maybe not merse) middle aged white men talk nonsense as much as the rest. But why shouldn’t women or BAME pundits be afforded the opportunity to have a go? I mean it can’t get much worse then what it actually is at the minute. There is a need to provide opportunities across society and football should be showing the way. Not having a dig at you btw mate 

I agree with what you're saying but why are we using "middle aged white men" as this slur so often now, just because of a far wider problem in the world. And i dont think anyone you ever watch on that show will be anything other than "well off".

Providing opportunities is exactly what i have seen sky doing more and more over the last year. Some have been good, some have been poor. Doing things like getting rid of 3 blokes just because they're old and white is counter productive and hypocritical. 

Phasing them out would have been a much more respectful way of doing things, and would have avoided the backlash from those on the right who will always use these scenarios to play us off against each other.

34 minutes ago, twister said:

I just hope they hold firm. if this five sub things stay say goodbye to any semblance of competition. 

Agree. I dont understand why they did it in the first place.  

Further... I dont line the competitions where theres an extra dib for extra time.   The idea is that the game gets stretched and mistakes are made.  

I used to like watching cup finals in et with player getting cramp

Edited by foxinsocks

52 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Agree. I dont understand why they did it in the first place.  

Further... I dont line the competitions where theres an extra dib for extra time.   The idea is that the game gets stretched and mistakes are made.  

I used to like watching cup finals in et with player getting cramp

I think it made sense when the season restarted as teams were playing every 3 or 4 days for a 1 to 2 month period. However, now that the season is back to normal length (albeit a slight shortening), I don't see why 5 subs are needed. The likes of Burnley are playing one game a week with the odd midweek games scheduled.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Where on earth do Everton get their wedge from? They haven't sold anyone of note since Lukaku about 4 years ago and yet they blow so much bunce it's incredible. Turnover is likely to be higher than ours but not by much, maybe £50m or so? 

Moshiri spends and Usmanov who used to be part owner of Arsenal is getting increasingly involved too. I’d imagine they must have been close to FFP trouble before it was relaxed 

2 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Will they be still having the drinks/tactical break during matches? 

Hopefully not but wouldn't surprise me, not really the same need for a drinks break at Burnley in November.

6 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Will they be still having the drinks/tactical break during matches? 

I hope not. Again, like the extra subs,  it was an understandable measure after the restart, expecting matches in higher summer temperatures and players needing extra hydration when getting back to fitness.

Absolutely no need in October.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Where on earth do Everton get their wedge from? They haven't sold anyone of note since Lukaku about 4 years ago and yet they blow so much bunce it's incredible. Turnover is likely to be higher than ours but not by much, maybe £50m or so? 

I'd like to know that too. We know their owner is very wealthy, but surely they don't have the turnover to be supporting the spending they've been doing over the last few years? They've spent a massive amount on transfer fees, player wages, plus on managers and getting rid of said managers.

They seem to be spending way more than they make. I'm pretty sure they've outspent Liverpool!

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

why is there a second vote anyway, big clubs not getting there way. piss off

The big clubs were hoping that the quarantine issues after the holidays might make some of the smaller clubs jump over but tbh, losing a player(s) for a couple weeks makes no difference does it re 5 subs ?? 

9 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I'd like to know that too. We know their owner is very wealthy, but surely they don't have the turnover to be supporting the spending they've been doing over the last few years? They've spent a massive amount on transfer fees, player wages, plus on managers and getting rid of said managers.

They seem to be spending way more than they make. I'm pretty sure they've outspent Liverpool!

Just looked at the posted record losses of over £110m in 2019, so they are really pushing their luck. Absolute disgrace of a club.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Just looked at the posted record losses of over £110m in 2019, so they are really pushing their luck. Absolute disgrace of a club.

Don't they also have very expensive plans for a new stadium? Does make you wonder whether all of this is sustainable for them.