Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Tottenham beat Brum with an 89th minute goal and much of their first 11 missing.

Liverpool lose to Arsenal in the Community Shield, on penalties, after a 1-1 draw.

Chelsea draw 1-1 with Brighton.

Funny, it's almost like everyone is struggling, missing players and a bit lethargic. How unusual 😉

Edited by CloudFox

4 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Allan will be decent though

He's well suited to this league, they're still paying for a 29 year old what we'd pay for a prospect though. They'll never recoop that and we do off the majority of our signings. 

I'd rather operate our way than theirs. 

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He's well suited to this league, they're still paying for a 29 year old what we'd pay for a prospect though. They'll never recoop that and we do off the majority of our signings. 

I'd rather operate our way than theirs. 

Exactly, and whilst he seems well suited, there's still a risk he struggles in the prem. He certainly wouldn't be the first

2 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Anyone else watch the Community Shield? Don't think I would take more than 3 of Arsenal's team today over our first choice XI but Arteta has got them really well organised to be fair to him. Shows the benefit that a good coach can have.

Just out of curiosity who are your three? 

As it stands I'd have Tierney, Aubameyang and Saka only

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Allan will be decent though

Not sure he would tbh. And they already have about 27352728463 £30m+ midfielders. 

Anyone who seriously thinks Everton are going to pull up any trees this year needs to give their heads a wobble. 

21 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Anyone else watch the Community Shield? Don't think I would take more than 3 of Arsenal's team today over our first choice XI but Arteta has got them really well organised to be fair to him. Shows the benefit that a good coach can have.

Precisely. I'm getting fed up with the constant call for better players (it would be nice), but more important is getting the players you DO have playing to the best of their abilities.

https://t.co/lH5b9IAsx7

Wolves boss Nuno Espirito Santo is stalling on signing a new contract due to worries over his transfer funds.

The Portuguese who is desperate to kick on after two consecutive seventh place finishes knows that will entail some lavish spending.

But the popular Molinuex chief is aware that the club’s owners are tightening the purse strings and are prepared to wheel and deal.

It’s why he is holding back on agreeing a new three year deal – his current one has less than 12 months to run – concerned that he will not be able to bring in suitable reinforcements.

Edited by when_you're_smiling

14 hours ago, Koke said:

According to L'Equipe Brendan Rodgere is the 8th highest paid manager in Europe (£8m). That was before he signed a new deal. He's better paid than Jurgen Klopp and Thomas Tuchel - that's right, he earns more than a CL winner and a CL finalist. 

Everton are paying Ancelotti £11.5m a year. Unbelievable that both us and Everton are paying our managers elite wages. 

https://www.90min.com/posts/6372559-the-11-highest-paid-managers-in-european-football?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=CPC

Absolutely disgraceful. Most overpaid manager in Europe by an absolute mile. How on earth did we get suckered in that badly?

Edited by ealingfox
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Absolutely disgraceful. Most overpaid manager in Europe by an absolute mile. How on earth did we get suckered in that badly?

No that's Mourinho.

I NEVER turn on managers BUT... He'd better earn his money this season.  I love being proved wrong, but I have my doubts about him. He's too short.

28 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Leeds will do annoyingly well next season... I think they will finish above us. 

No chance. I reckon they will go down. They seem to be throwing a lot of money they don't have at unproven players Fulham style. If they carry on this way I can actually see them getting themselves in a proper mess financially and falling through the league in a Sunderland or Portsmouth kind of way.