Jump to content
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Having young players isn’t an excuse for having a poor team. There needs to be a blend for them to progress. I can guarantee if Leicester were sat in 14th in the league we wouldn’t be pointing to the youth in the squad and Rodgers almost certainly would be out of a job. It’s about ambition.

 

I think the relationship with the agent worked well in the championship where he was bringing in players above that level but now in the premier league it hasn’t worked at all. It’s clear that some players arent up to standard and semedo embodies this the most. Anyone who watches Spanish football could see he was poor but yet wolves paid a lot for him. Silva is another matter because of his age and talent but for me wolves weren’t in a position where they should have been signing players that weren’t ready for the first team for such a fee. 
 

I see relegation in wolves short term future personally. It’s taken longer than I expected. I predicted it last season. It all comes down to the system and recruitment model for me. 

 

Wolves aren't finishing in the bottom 3 man lol

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

 

Wolves aren't finishing in the bottom 3 man lol

 

I didn’t say this season but I could definitely see it next season. I don’t see things improving. If a team like Fulham can put a run together then it could happen this season but I agree that is unlikely. 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Bear said:

You've picked put two players there who've barely been at the club 5 mins. And one of them is 18 and shouldn't be playing yet. Probably why we've recalled Cutrone. 

 

Our recruitment policy is clearly trying to emulate someone like Dortmund. Lots of highly rated U21 players to blend into the team when ready. Kilman, Hoever, Ait-Nouri, Vitinha, Otasawie, Neto, Silva. All of those are getting minutes and/or breaking through to be regulars this season. 

 

Sky had an article the other day that said we have given double the amount of PL minutes to U21 players than anyone else this season. The long term strategy is pretty clear IMO. 

Surely though, if you’re forced to play players who shouldn’t be playing yet after one injury, then your recruitment policy is flawed.

It’s all well and good throwing big money at the next big thing, but if that comes at the expense of players who are ready to play now then it’s not a great policy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, twister said:

we know who is winning this league now,them again.

 

after maguire handballed at the end I turned to my brother and said

 

this novel already has a ending

 

Its a dull as dishwater but as obvious as the sea

 I like this post, it reads like a song.  Just needs a chorus.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On relegation, I wouldn’t at this stage say anyone in the bottom 8 is already safe from relegation.

The bottom 3 as they are look woeful, I’ll give you that but all will improve and 30 points from the last 20 games is not impossible. We as Leicester fans know that better than anyone. For me even Leeds, Crystal Palace and Wolves still need to get another 18 points on the board to stay up. 
They should do that, but if any of there form in the second half of the season matches that of the bottom 5 in the first half of the season they could be in trouble.

I don’t think there is any real quality in any of those sides in the bottom 8 and would anyone really be surprised if one of them went on a run of big defeats. 
How they do against the teams around them will decide what happens. 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Bear said:

We aren't getting relegated! lol

 

Not because we're "too good to go down" but because we have double Fulham's total in 3rd bottom after nearly half a season - 22 compared to 11. Once we get some of our 6 injured first team players back, results will pick up. 

I admire the way that you're making lemonade out of the lemons being chucked your way  tonight. 

 

You have a lot to learn though.  The correct FT response to any loss is to stamp your feet and wet your pants.

 

 

Edited by murphy
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

On relegation, I wouldn’t at this stage say anyone in the bottom 8 is already safe from relegation.

The bottom 3 as they are look woeful, I’ll give you that but all will improve and 30 points from the last 20 games is not impossible. We as Leicester fans know that better than anyone. For me even Leeds, Crystal Palace and Wolves still need to get another 18 points on the board to stay up. 
They should do that, but if any of there form in the second half of the season matches that of the bottom 5 in the first half of the season they could be in trouble.

I don’t think there is any real quality in any of those sides in the bottom 8 and would anyone really be surprised if one of them went on a run of big defeats. 
How they do against the teams around them will decide what happens. 
 

I think Fulham can drag themselves out of the relegation zone. They've got two games in hand. But SU are gone imo. If Brighton just double their current score (and we're not even half way through the season) then SU will have to find 24 points. 8 wins in 20 games. Just not going to happen. WBA aren't much difference though they have a game in hand. So I think it's all about that 18th place between Fulham, Brighton and Burnley. All struggle for goals. 

 

I disagree about no real quality in the bottom 8. Palace, Wolves have some good players. For some reason Palace's defense has been leaking this season. Strange for a Hodgson team. Wolves have plenty of talent but losing key players will always throw a team. I actually like how Brighton plays but my grandad has a better chance of scoring in a nightclub at the moment with lockdown... and he died in 1995. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

What’s occurring with Wolves is not overly dis similar to what happened to us when Puel was here. Systems change. Changing of the guard when it comes to players. Start introducing younger players. Inconsistent reigned with long poor spells but also some great results in there too. 
 

That not with standing Fabio Silva and Semedo are farcical signings dictated in part by agents. 
 

Also before Christmas I was working in Wolves and there was a huge poster of Youri for Sky Sports on the side of a shop. I liked that 

Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of Wolves fans turning on Nuno. They have WBA and Chorley coming up in the next 2 games. Draw/lose both of them and the fanbase will be in proper meltdown. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Man Utd aren't going to stay at the top.

Their defence can be quite shambolic at times.

That’s what everyone is hoping. Not that I particularly rate them but they’re there for a reason and Ole is proving people wrong 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

That’s what everyone is hoping. Not that I particularly rate them but they’re there for a reason and Ole is proving people wrong 

 

How though? They have the most resources, the highest wage bill, they should be up there automatically. He's been there over 2 years now, they've won nothing and are completely reliant on a few individuals and gaming VAR. If they actually went on to win the league, yeah probably would be proving a lot of people wrong. But finishing in the top 4 and being top after 17 games aren't big achievements, particularly if you're managing Man United.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ealingfox said:

 

How though? They have the most resources, the highest wage bill, they should be up there automatically. He's been there over 2 years now, they've won nothing and are completely reliant on a few individuals and gaming VAR. If they actually went on to win the league, yeah probably would be proving a lot of people wrong. But finishing in the top 4 and being top after 17 games aren't big achievements, particularly if you're managing Man United.

As I was writing it I knew some smart arse would pipe up with with this kind of nonsense. If it was that easy why have they been totally crap for the last however long, and why are Chelsea currently in mid table. Whether they should be there or not Ole has taken a ridiculous amount of flack rightly or wrongly, but is finally getting a very solid tune out of the players there. 

If you think that just because you have the highest wage bill you should be top automatically you haven’t been watching much football over the last, well, forever. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

As I was writing it I knew some smart arse would pipe up with with this kind of nonsense. If it was that easy why have they been totally crap for the last however long, and why are Chelsea currently in mid table. Whether they should be there or not Ole has taken a ridiculous amount of flack rightly or wrongly, but is finally getting a very solid tune out of the players there. 

If you think that just because you have the highest wage bill you should be top automatically you haven’t been watching much football over the last, well, forever. 

 

Don't cry mate. I said they should be up there, not top automatically. But the teams with the most financial resources usually win in football, that's a fact whether you like it or not. They're on a great run and been fortunate with injuries - I'm not having it that it's some miraculous achievement for them to be top after 17 games is all I'm saying. If he's 'proving people wrong' it's because there was reason to think he was a shit manager in the first place. Not because everyone conspired to push that narrative for no reason.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Still think Man City will win it quite comfortably. This run of fixtures will see them move to top is my guess.

Oh they'll walk it eventually IMO. Their defence is ridiculous now. After we exposed them they have really knuckled down. Plus they've got the likes of Aguero to come back. Their games in hand are against Brighton and Villa, both at home.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

 

Don't cry mate. I said they should be up there, not top automatically. But the teams with the most financial resources usually win in football, that's a fact whether you like it or not. They're on a great run and been fortunate with injuries - I'm not having it that it's some miraculous achievement for them to be top after 17 games is all I'm saying. If he's 'proving people wrong' it's because there was reason to think he was a shit manager in the first place. Not because everyone conspired to push that narrative for no reason.

Who’s said it was a miraculous achievement? Don’t think anyone has. Listen buddy old pal I think just stop hating on Utd / Ole it’s becoming a real problem for you and I don’t want it affecting your personal life. He seems a nice enough bloke and you have this weird obsession with him - it’s really starting to creep me out. It’s not healthy for you and to be honest Ealing you are better than that. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Who’s said it was a miraculous achievement? Don’t think anyone has. Listen buddy old pal I think just stop hating on Utd / Ole it’s becoming a real problem for you and I don’t want it affecting your personal life. He seems a nice enough bloke and you have this weird obsession with him - it’s really starting to creep me out. It’s not healthy for you and to be honest Ealing you are better than that. 

 

lol I think you making stuff up and inventing your own narrative is weirder, but there you go. Good luck with it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...