Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

All of the top managers know exactly how to stop Man Utd being a title contender and for that reason I genuinely wouldn't be surprised to see some absolutely horrendous tackles go in on Bruno whenever they're in a big game

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

The funny thing is Man Utd celebrating being top like they're one of the also-rans in the league, bit like when Southampton were top a few weeks ago. Shows how shit they've been.

Ole does deserve a little bit of credit but I really do think he's being carried by having a handful of excellent players who can win games for them. Maybe that could be argued with all teams with good players though I guess. Immensely dislikeable and I'd actually rather Mourinho and Spurs win than them.

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

Anyone would think Manchester Red won the fvcking Premier League last night the way the sports media are pissing their pants today.

Could it be that a well known traditional Top PL club, has found some decent form, playing decent football.....oh & some little-fans,cant Stand up & admit it,

Because they spend more Time Posting Silly cynical & snidey posts....instead of respecting " The game"

If all These clubs are poor & hated,whats the point of us competing..!!!  Its a total Waste of following football....Because in the same vein....we also must be crap..!!

No honour in beating, crap,shit, awful Top or Bottom teams....better find Another sport...Because Football is crap....

Thank God for an honest Good minority, knowledgable, fans on here, or the forum would be itself would be a total waste...!!!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

The funny thing is Man Utd celebrating being top like they're one of the also-rans in the league, bit like when Southampton were top a few weeks ago. Shows how shit they've been.

Ole does deserve a little bit of credit but I really do think he's being carried by having a handful of excellent players who can win games for them. Maybe that could be argued with all teams with good players though I guess. Immensely dislikeable and I'd actually rather Mourinho and Spurs win than them.

Spot on mate I was chatting to a United mate last night and I said that I couldn't decide what would be worse, United or Sniverpool winning it.....what a horrible prospect, and in a way i'd rather Spurs won it.

1 minute ago, browniefox said:

If Spurs win they go onto 32 points, Liverpool in 2nd have 33, I don't get how Spurs go 2nd if they win? 

Spurs play tonight and Saturday. They go to 35 points if they win both  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

We had more than 5 points in Jan though.

We had 10pts after 18 games. The month is irrelevant as we started late this season. 

We finished 6pts clear so would’ve likely stayed up. Although as far as I can see we were never as far adrift of safety as Sheff Utd are (9pts). But we were 7pts from safety with less games to play. 

I think the one possible reason for some optimism if you support Sheffield United is that there are a number of pretty crap teams this season who you can’t envisage picking up loads of points. West  Brom, Fulham, Brighton, Burnley and even Newcastle might start looking nervously over their shoulders if SU did manage to start a run. 

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Could it be that a well known traditional Top PL club, has found some decent form, playing decent football.....oh & some little-fans,cant Stand up & admit it,

Because they spend more Time Posting Silly cynical & snidey posts....instead of respecting " The game"

If all These clubs are poor & hated,whats the point of us competing..!!!  Its a total Waste of following football....Because in the same vein....we also must be crap..!!

No honour in beating, crap,shit, awful Top or Bottom teams....better find Another sport...Because Football is crap....

Thank God for an honest Good minority, knowledgable, fans on here, or the forum would be itself would be a total waste...!!!

Er, your point being...??

So I've seen all kinds of headlines about Pogba's stunning volley, to the point where I actively looked up the highlights on youtube. It was pretty shit, Pope would have saved it easily but for a massive deflection that squirmed through his legs. I'm not normally one for " the big club media bias conspiracy theory" but the only reason I can think anyone would call thst a "stunning volley" is to push some alternative agenda.

5 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Who’s said it was a miraculous achievement? Don’t think anyone has. Listen buddy old pal I think just stop hating on Utd / Ole it’s becoming a real problem for you and I don’t want it affecting your personal life. He seems a nice enough bloke and you have this weird obsession with him - it’s really starting to creep me out. It’s not healthy for you and to be honest Ealing you are better than that. 

I don't think he does, really. About as morally upstanding as the Catholic church.

https://thesportsrush.com/ole-gunnar-solskjaer-under-criticism-for-shielding-a-player-accused-of-rape-back-in-norway/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Oh they'll walk it eventually IMO. Their defence is ridiculous now. After we exposed them they have really knuckled down. Plus they've got the likes of Aguero to come back. Their games in hand are against Brighton and Villa, both at home.

Manchester City get wrongly ignored, particularly on here in my opinion because of that game against us. That game against us was a bit of a freak IMO and there is no way we'd put 5 past them with their current side. That's not to have a pop at us, more that they have sorted their own issues out. The Ruben Dias signing is a lowkey contender for signing of the season so far. They have let in 10 goals in 24 games in all competitions since that game. That's an outstanding record. They aren't quite the attacking force of a couple of seasons ago but they're very good again.

I'll give Solskjaer credit if they win the league but I think the fact it's being hyped up as some achievement already is a sign of how successfully he's managed to lower expectations. Can't play the biggest club in the world game and then get excited in January.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Very hard next 9 games for us in the league as well. 18 points from that lot and we are dancing.

You are dead right 18 points from that lot and zero serious injuries would be a wonderful lot of results. Anything more than 18 would mean going into the last quarter with hopes of better than a top four finish. I don't remember our last few fixtures as being wonderful either. If we do that BR will jump in my estimation from "very good" to potentially a great manager. 

We've got a good record of pulling off miracles in recent years so i live in hope, certainly of top four but it is difficult.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alan Frost said:

You are dead right 18 points from that lot and zero serious injuries would be a wonderful lot of results. Anything more than 18 would mean going into the last quarter with hopes of better than a top four finish. I don't remember our last few fixtures as being wonderful either. If we do that BR will jump in my estimation from "very good" to potentially a great manager. 

We've got a good record of pulling off miracles in recent years so i live in hope, certainly of top four but it is difficult.

Yeah I think we have a more favourable run of games on paper from match 27 - 34 I think off the top of my head. We could be 13 clear going in to those last run of horror games 🤪

6 hours ago, Koke said:

A lot of Wolves fans turning on Nuno. They have WBA and Chorley coming up in the next 2 games. Draw/lose both of them and the fanbase will be in proper meltdown. 

Only the fickle pricks that have an inflated sense of entitlement, that always been there in our fan base. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

As I was writing it I knew some smart arse would pipe up with with this kind of nonsense. If it was that easy why have they been totally crap for the last however long, and why are Chelsea currently in mid table. Whether they should be there or not Ole has taken a ridiculous amount of flack rightly or wrongly, but is finally getting a very solid tune out of the players there. 

If you think that just because you have the highest wage bill you should be top automatically you haven’t been watching much football over the last, well, forever. 

"The race is not always to the swift, nor the fight to the strong. but that is the way to bet." I'm not a Man.U fan but OGS is a reasonable guy as football managers go, but I don't think he's a very good manager or the swift ,strong,and rich United would remain top. Compared with Klopp and Pep, OGS is a boy, but growing. Ferguson was of course a formidable mansger, maybe the best ever, altho I did n't go much on him as a man. He also was far from perfect, and most seem to think he left Utd. with little left in the locker, from which they have not yet  recovered. Despite all this I remember getting a carpet burn as I dived across the carpet when I think OGS got them a European cup with a late goal in his super sub days , if I've remembered correctly.

10 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Man city and Spurs win tonight and we’re  fifth. Villa need to lose or draw one of their games in hand else they’ll be above us too.

Villa are 6 points behind us with 2 games in hand. 

Screenshot_20210113-165403_Google.thumb.jpg.c72d07e50b361e6e581790662c196bdb.jpg

Edited by Koke