Jump to content
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Still think Man City will win it quite comfortably. This run of fixtures will see them move to top is my guess.

I still think it'll be between Man City and Liverpool. 

 

Man Utd can enjoy their moment but they ain't finishing 1st.

 

1 hour ago, Koke said:

A lot of Wolves fans turning on Nuno. They have WBA and Chorley coming up in the next 2 games. Draw/lose both of them and the fanbase will be in proper meltdown. 

They can't afford to lose to WBA in any season but never mind when WBA are rock bottom.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The funny thing is Man Utd celebrating being top like they're one of the also-rans in the league, bit like when Southampton were top a few weeks ago. Shows how shit they've been.

 

Ole does deserve a little bit of credit but I really do think he's being carried by having a handful of excellent players who can win games for them. Maybe that could be argued with all teams with good players though I guess. Immensely dislikeable and I'd actually rather Mourinho and Spurs win than them.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Anyone would think Manchester Red won the fvcking Premier League last night the way the sports media are pissing their pants today.
 

 

 

 

The same people who have wanted Ole out since he got in. Yeah, integrity right there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Reading about Sheff U finally winning and could they pull off a 'great escape'. I thought again about ours and what happened the follow season.

Still blows my mind and puts into perspective if you could imagine Sheff U doing it.

They won't of course, nobody could.

 

BUT WE DID!  :scarf:

We had more than 5 points in Jan though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

All of the top managers know exactly how to stop Man Utd being a title contender and for that reason I genuinely wouldn't be surprised to see some absolutely horrendous tackles go in on Bruno whenever they're in a big game

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

The funny thing is Man Utd celebrating being top like they're one of the also-rans in the league, bit like when Southampton were top a few weeks ago. Shows how shit they've been.

 

Ole does deserve a little bit of credit but I really do think he's being carried by having a handful of excellent players who can win games for them. Maybe that could be argued with all teams with good players though I guess. Immensely dislikeable and I'd actually rather Mourinho and Spurs win than them.

 

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

Anyone would think Manchester Red won the fvcking Premier League last night the way the sports media are pissing their pants today.
 

 

 

 

Could it be that a well known traditional Top PL club, has found some decent form, playing decent football.....oh & some little-fans,cant Stand up & admit it,

Because they spend more Time Posting Silly cynical & snidey posts....instead of respecting " The game"

 

If all These clubs are poor & hated,whats the point of us competing..!!!  Its a total Waste of following football....Because in the same vein....we also must be crap..!!

No honour in beating, crap,shit, awful Top or Bottom teams....better find Another sport...Because Football is crap....

 

Thank God for an honest Good minority, knowledgable, fans on here, or the forum would be itself would be a total waste...!!!

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

The funny thing is Man Utd celebrating being top like they're one of the also-rans in the league, bit like when Southampton were top a few weeks ago. Shows how shit they've been.

 

Ole does deserve a little bit of credit but I really do think he's being carried by having a handful of excellent players who can win games for them. Maybe that could be argued with all teams with good players though I guess. Immensely dislikeable and I'd actually rather Mourinho and Spurs win than them.

Spot on mate I was chatting to a United mate last night and I said that I couldn't decide what would be worse, United or Sniverpool winning it.....what a horrible prospect, and in a way i'd rather Spurs won it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just looked at Sheff United's next fixtures to see if they could feasibly put a run together

Spurs (H)

Man U (A)
Man C (A)

WBA (H)

Chelsea (H)

 

Currently on 5 points after 17 games. I do not envy Wilder at the moment

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, browniefox said:

If Spurs win they go onto 32 points, Liverpool in 2nd have 33, I don't get how Spurs go 2nd if they win? 

 

Spurs play tonight and Saturday. They go to 35 points if they win both  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

We had more than 5 points in Jan though.


We had 10pts after 18 games. The month is irrelevant as we started late this season. 
 

We finished 6pts clear so would’ve likely stayed up. Although as far as I can see we were never as far adrift of safety as Sheff Utd are (9pts). But we were 7pts from safety with less games to play. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the one possible reason for some optimism if you support Sheffield United is that there are a number of pretty crap teams this season who you can’t envisage picking up loads of points. West  Brom, Fulham, Brighton, Burnley and even Newcastle might start looking nervously over their shoulders if SU did manage to start a run. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

 

Could it be that a well known traditional Top PL club, has found some decent form, playing decent football.....oh & some little-fans,cant Stand up & admit it,

Because they spend more Time Posting Silly cynical & snidey posts....instead of respecting " The game"

 

If all These clubs are poor & hated,whats the point of us competing..!!!  Its a total Waste of following football....Because in the same vein....we also must be crap..!!

No honour in beating, crap,shit, awful Top or Bottom teams....better find Another sport...Because Football is crap....

 

Thank God for an honest Good minority, knowledgable, fans on here, or the forum would be itself would be a total waste...!!!

Er, your point being...??

Link to post
Share on other sites

So I've seen all kinds of headlines about Pogba's stunning volley, to the point where I actively looked up the highlights on youtube. It was pretty shit, Pope would have saved it easily but for a massive deflection that squirmed through his legs. I'm not normally one for " the big club media bias conspiracy theory" but the only reason I can think anyone would call thst a "stunning volley" is to push some alternative agenda.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...