Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Sneaky of them to not put Justin in there because we all know he'd win.

This is nothing more than a ploy to get interactions on social media. All the little twitter virgins wind each other up on this debate regularly. Smart from ESPN.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Koke said:

Villa v Everton postponed 

Theyre already miles behind in terms of games, and they've got a lot of tough ones to catch up on. This could be really tricky for them particularly if they lose a few in a row. Id rather have played all our games. Fingers crossed we steer clear of any cancellations.

45 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Theyre already miles behind in terms of games, and they've got a lot of tough ones to catch up on. This could be really tricky for them particularly if they lose a few in a row. Id rather have played all our games. Fingers crossed we steer clear of any cancellations.

That'll be 3 games behind in the league now. Congestion will surely catch them up eventually? 

44 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Are there going to be any consequences for Villa for all this pissing about?

They should do, numerous games called off now. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

It does mean that Doucore will be suspended for the game against us instead of Villa. Not sure how much of a plus that is

That's a bonus as far as I'm concerned. I'm sure the lads would rather be up against Tom Davies than Doucoure

• Like 4

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

For so many players at Villa to need to isolate they've clearly been lax in their social distancing at the training ground, it would be interesting if they told everyone how many positive tests they've had and how many are just self-isolation. 

Are there different rules in Scotland, given Celtic played without 13 first team players?

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Are there different rules in Scotland, given Celtic played without 13 first team players?

Well I guess its up to the league bosses to decide. Celtic tried to get it postponed but it was refused, think it was more them making an example of Celtic after the Dubai trip to be honest. 

Games should only be postponed if you can’t put out 10 players and a goal keeper. Villa showed they can in the cup so it should be treated as nothing more than a bad injury crisis. This whole postponement just encourages people to be relaxed about coronavirus legislation.

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

Games should only be postponed if you can’t put out 10 players and a goal keeper. Villa showed they can in the cup so it should be treated as nothing more than a bad injury crisis. This whole postponement just encourages people to be relaxed about coronavirus legislation.

So no subs?

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

Trouble is they can't do that now or Villa would rightly turn around and ask "what about Man City, what about Spurs?"

9 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Trouble is they can't do that now or Villa would rightly turn around and ask "what about Man City, what about Spurs?"

Sadly they've set their precedent now. FA can't change tactic now, especially with Man City and Spurs players breaking rules left, right and centre 

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

**** me, this is getting more boring than Wolvesalona and such and such is decent. 

Chris Sutton, professional troll, living in your head rent free. Let it ****ing go. Christ. 

Nah..

I love holding life long grudges.

Thanks.😂

32 minutes ago, AjcW said:

So no subs?

Yes, although that would be unlikely as they would have a lot of youth players

32 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Good point and I can’t disagree. It should have been done right from Newcastle onwards. The rules I was suggesting were the rules in place from project restart I believe to stop a fixture pile up which would risk the season not concluding.

31 minutes ago, AjcW said:

So @peach0000 if we lose the title by one win, because we had to shut the training ground after coming into contact with another team that had been lax on the protocols... you'd be fine with that?

I would bitch and moan about it in all likelihood! I just see it as getting a bit too much, especially with villa. How are they going to fit all their remaining games in? What if they have even more postponements? At what point does there become to many games in a too short amount of time for them?

The league in a sense are lucky it’s villa. If it was a team in Europe it could definitely put the season in doubt

• Like 1