Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

On relegation, I wouldn’t at this stage say anyone in the bottom 8 is already safe from relegation.

The bottom 3 as they are look woeful, I’ll give you that but all will improve and 30 points from the last 20 games is not impossible. We as Leicester fans know that better than anyone. For me even Leeds, Crystal Palace and Wolves still need to get another 18 points on the board to stay up. 
They should do that, but if any of there form in the second half of the season matches that of the bottom 5 in the first half of the season they could be in trouble.

I don’t think there is any real quality in any of those sides in the bottom 8 and would anyone really be surprised if one of them went on a run of big defeats. 
How they do against the teams around them will decide what happens. 

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

We aren't getting relegated! lol

Not because we're "too good to go down" but because we have double Fulham's total in 3rd bottom after nearly half a season - 22 compared to 11. Once we get some of our 6 injured first team players back, results will pick up. 

I admire the way that you're making lemonade out of the lemons being chucked your way  tonight. 

You have a lot to learn though.  The correct FT response to any loss is to stamp your feet and wet your pants.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

On relegation, I wouldn’t at this stage say anyone in the bottom 8 is already safe from relegation.

The bottom 3 as they are look woeful, I’ll give you that but all will improve and 30 points from the last 20 games is not impossible. We as Leicester fans know that better than anyone. For me even Leeds, Crystal Palace and Wolves still need to get another 18 points on the board to stay up. 
They should do that, but if any of there form in the second half of the season matches that of the bottom 5 in the first half of the season they could be in trouble.

I don’t think there is any real quality in any of those sides in the bottom 8 and would anyone really be surprised if one of them went on a run of big defeats. 
How they do against the teams around them will decide what happens. 

I think Fulham can drag themselves out of the relegation zone. They've got two games in hand. But SU are gone imo. If Brighton just double their current score (and we're not even half way through the season) then SU will have to find 24 points. 8 wins in 20 games. Just not going to happen. WBA aren't much difference though they have a game in hand. So I think it's all about that 18th place between Fulham, Brighton and Burnley. All struggle for goals. 

I disagree about no real quality in the bottom 8. Palace, Wolves have some good players. For some reason Palace's defense has been leaking this season. Strange for a Hodgson team. Wolves have plenty of talent but losing key players will always throw a team. I actually like how Brighton plays but my grandad has a better chance of scoring in a nightclub at the moment with lockdown... and he died in 1995. 

What’s occurring with Wolves is not overly dis similar to what happened to us when Puel was here. Systems change. Changing of the guard when it comes to players. Start introducing younger players. Inconsistent reigned with long poor spells but also some great results in there too. 

That not with standing Fabio Silva and Semedo are farcical signings dictated in part by agents. 

Also before Christmas I was working in Wolves and there was a huge poster of Youri for Sky Sports on the side of a shop. I liked that 

8 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Man Utd aren't going to stay at the top.

Their defence can be quite shambolic at times.

That’s what everyone is hoping. Not that I particularly rate them but they’re there for a reason and Ole is proving people wrong 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

That’s what everyone is hoping. Not that I particularly rate them but they’re there for a reason and Ole is proving people wrong 

How though? They have the most resources, the highest wage bill, they should be up there automatically. He's been there over 2 years now, they've won nothing and are completely reliant on a few individuals and gaming VAR. If they actually went on to win the league, yeah probably would be proving a lot of people wrong. But finishing in the top 4 and being top after 17 games aren't big achievements, particularly if you're managing Man United.

1 minute ago, ealingfox said:

How though? They have the most resources, the highest wage bill, they should be up there automatically. He's been there over 2 years now, they've won nothing and are completely reliant on a few individuals and gaming VAR. If they actually went on to win the league, yeah probably would be proving a lot of people wrong. But finishing in the top 4 and being top after 17 games aren't big achievements, particularly if you're managing Man United.

As I was writing it I knew some smart arse would pipe up with with this kind of nonsense. If it was that easy why have they been totally crap for the last however long, and why are Chelsea currently in mid table. Whether they should be there or not Ole has taken a ridiculous amount of flack rightly or wrongly, but is finally getting a very solid tune out of the players there. 

If you think that just because you have the highest wage bill you should be top automatically you haven’t been watching much football over the last, well, forever. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

As I was writing it I knew some smart arse would pipe up with with this kind of nonsense. If it was that easy why have they been totally crap for the last however long, and why are Chelsea currently in mid table. Whether they should be there or not Ole has taken a ridiculous amount of flack rightly or wrongly, but is finally getting a very solid tune out of the players there. 

If you think that just because you have the highest wage bill you should be top automatically you haven’t been watching much football over the last, well, forever. 

Don't cry mate. I said they should be up there, not top automatically. But the teams with the most financial resources usually win in football, that's a fact whether you like it or not. They're on a great run and been fortunate with injuries - I'm not having it that it's some miraculous achievement for them to be top after 17 games is all I'm saying. If he's 'proving people wrong' it's because there was reason to think he was a shit manager in the first place. Not because everyone conspired to push that narrative for no reason.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Still think Man City will win it quite comfortably. This run of fixtures will see them move to top is my guess.

Oh they'll walk it eventually IMO. Their defence is ridiculous now. After we exposed them they have really knuckled down. Plus they've got the likes of Aguero to come back. Their games in hand are against Brighton and Villa, both at home.

20 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Don't cry mate. I said they should be up there, not top automatically. But the teams with the most financial resources usually win in football, that's a fact whether you like it or not. They're on a great run and been fortunate with injuries - I'm not having it that it's some miraculous achievement for them to be top after 17 games is all I'm saying. If he's 'proving people wrong' it's because there was reason to think he was a shit manager in the first place. Not because everyone conspired to push that narrative for no reason.

Who’s said it was a miraculous achievement? Don’t think anyone has. Listen buddy old pal I think just stop hating on Utd / Ole it’s becoming a real problem for you and I don’t want it affecting your personal life. He seems a nice enough bloke and you have this weird obsession with him - it’s really starting to creep me out. It’s not healthy for you and to be honest Ealing you are better than that. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Who’s said it was a miraculous achievement? Don’t think anyone has. Listen buddy old pal I think just stop hating on Utd / Ole it’s becoming a real problem for you and I don’t want it affecting your personal life. He seems a nice enough bloke and you have this weird obsession with him - it’s really starting to creep me out. It’s not healthy for you and to be honest Ealing you are better than that. 

lol I think you making stuff up and inventing your own narrative is weirder, but there you go. Good luck with it.

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Still think Man City will win it quite comfortably. This run of fixtures will see them move to top is my guess.

I still think it'll be between Man City and Liverpool. 

Man Utd can enjoy their moment but they ain't finishing 1st.

1 hour ago, Koke said:

A lot of Wolves fans turning on Nuno. They have WBA and Chorley coming up in the next 2 games. Draw/lose both of them and the fanbase will be in proper meltdown. 

They can't afford to lose to WBA in any season but never mind when WBA are rock bottom.

The funny thing is Man Utd celebrating being top like they're one of the also-rans in the league, bit like when Southampton were top a few weeks ago. Shows how shit they've been.

Ole does deserve a little bit of credit but I really do think he's being carried by having a handful of excellent players who can win games for them. Maybe that could be argued with all teams with good players though I guess. Immensely dislikeable and I'd actually rather Mourinho and Spurs win than them.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Anyone would think Manchester Red won the fvcking Premier League last night the way the sports media are pissing their pants today.

The same people who have wanted Ole out since he got in. Yeah, integrity right there. 

10 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Reading about Sheff U finally winning and could they pull off a 'great escape'. I thought again about ours and what happened the follow season.

Still blows my mind and puts into perspective if you could imagine Sheff U doing it.

They won't of course, nobody could.

BUT WE DID!  :scarf:

We had more than 5 points in Jan though.