Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Is there any sort of quick concise summary of handball nowadays?

This is more a complaint than a request for any sort of in-depth answer.  I freely admit I am not a scholar of the 'rules of the game.'

Back in the day, it was 'deliberate handball.'

Then it seemed to have evolved to 'hand in an unnatural position.'

Now, I just don't know.  I see non-deliberate, non-unnatural position contacts happen -- some are penalized, some not.

Perhaps I am just crotchety.

10 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Good grief. How long has McManaman had this runny nose? Seems like months now. 'Sniffles' McManaman I'm going to call him, although that makes him sound like a Jazz musician.

u3JZ0dNi4Qh8FmecHFFs1t7L6tTDPw9MIeY0j52v

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Take Kane or Son out of this Spurs team and they look a bottom-half team.

But they always win something in a year ending in a 1.

Except when they don't.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Good grief. How long has McManaman had this runny nose? Seems like months now. 'Sniffles' McManaman I'm going to call him, although that makes him sound like a Jazz musician.

You utter git.

I hadn't noticed it before you mentioned it.

Now I can't hear anything else  lol

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, lnkstern said:

Is there any sort of quick concise summary of handball nowadays?

This is more a complaint than a request for any sort of in-depth answer.  I freely admit I am not a scholar of the 'rules of the game.'

Back in the day, it was 'deliberate handball.'

Then it seemed to have evolved to 'hand in an unnatural position.'

Now, I just don't know.  I see non-deliberate, non-unnatural position contacts happen -- some are penalized, some not.

Perhaps I am just crotchety.

“The IFAB have now confirmed that a handball will be awarded if a player makes his body an "unnatural silhouette", i.e. making his body bigger with his arm. It is also automatically an offence if the arm is above shoulder height.

There is now no handball if the ball is deflected onto the arm, or if the ball hits a player using his arm for support.”

I was just looking it up, interesting bit in bold so the goal should have stood? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

“The IFAB have now confirmed that a handball will be awarded if a player makes his body an "unnatural silhouette", i.e. making his body bigger with his arm. It is also automatically an offence if the arm is above shoulder height.

There is now no handball if the ball is deflected onto the arm, or if the ball hits a player using his arm for support.”

I was just looking it up, interesting bit in bold so the goal should have stood? 

Thank you.  That is fairly concise -- "unnatural silhouette" or "arm above shoulder".

Of course I am sure there are numerous caveats we could discuss ad infinitum...

I'm trying to think of something worse than going to a Tottenham v Southampton game and having to listen to the constant drone of 'When the Saints /Spurs go Marching On' for 90 minutes. 

Maybe having a seat next to Glenn Hoddle, just to top it off. 

🙄😕😕

1 minute ago, lnkstern said:

Thank you.  That is fairly concise -- "unnatural silhouette" or "arm above shoulder".

Of course I am sure there are numerous caveats we could discuss ad infinitum...

Yeah unfortunately some rules are sometimes more guidelines and refs discretion then actual rules