urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

8 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Because we're in a terrible run of form, haven't kept a clean sheet in 12 games and are desperate for a clean sheet and some points. 

I get that but it felt like for 99.9% of the game there was literally no attempt to get out. Just constantly giving up possession, not closing down and just lining up behind the ball. Chelsea's endless passing sideways and lack of direct threat didn't help the game (as something to watch) but I was expecting Wolves to see that and grow into the game. But the first half went, nothing. Then the second. It sort of just looked like you didn't have a play which is a surprise as I rate Nuno. Like I say even NUFC who are on even worse run of form had a little going forward.  

Just now, The Bear said:

Well we had two or three good opportunities that we messed up. Just as many as Chelsea who were a bit toothless for all their possession. 

I don’t really understand the point in having Traore on if you’re not going to play to his strengths. Either in behind or even when up against someone like Chilwell give it to his feet. I’d have thought he’d have destroyed him. You did have the better chances though. 

8 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Your opinion mate but Traore is an absolute dog of a player. El Ghazi is average but I agree Martinez is a top keeper. McGinn is hit and miss and would not get in our side. The only player I'd take there is Martinez but I'm in no rush to get rid of Kasper just yet. 

McGinn would be in our squad but not our 11. But not many players would better N'didi or Tielemans so that's not really a reflection on him. Traore has looked really dangerous to me whenever I've seen him play, but that's your opinion.

I think El Ghazi is improving his goalscoring record and could become a big player.

Burnley...Another Good solid PL season, breaking out..Wont struggle to survive

A.Villa.    Top 8-10

Wolves. Struggling for Top 12..

Chelsea...We have to wait & see what Tuchel brings..I

Everton..Leicester ,both  Teams can carry a defeat and still compete, for Top 4-6. 

Leicester win...put their hat in the Middle for Top 4...

Everton win...keeps the pressure on..

Draw..Still Open shoot-out..

Only tilted over half-way in the season...!!

28 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

I don’t really understand the point in having Traore on if you’re not going to play to his strengths. Either in behind or even when up against someone like Chilwell give it to his feet. I’d have thought he’d have destroyed him. You did have the better chances though. 

Traore doesn't get in behind as his movement off the ball is terrible. That's why he never works played as a striker. 

I agree we should have played it into to him more often. The one chance he had one on one down the right with a chance to beat his man and cross it to the new big guy and he cut inside and ran a cross the pitch before giving it away. Probably just a confidence thing at the minute. 

Stopping the silly defensive mistakes and getting some sort of result was the key tonight. Only two other teams have come away from Stamford Bridge with a clean sheet this season. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1

Sheffield United are 10 points off Brighton with 18 games to play. If they by some miracle stay up it will go down in history ad the greatest escape of all time. 

45 minutes ago, trabuch said:

I fear Man City will piss the league now. We will finish above Man U though, and that might just be enough for CL football next season.

Hopefully they'll do that, and then take points off everyone else around us, so...? (If we can't win it ourselves.)

Edited by PhillippaT