Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Guest StevieLynex
2 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Interesting debate with mates tonight on who's been English player of the season so far. Plenty of votes for the usual suspects but who do you lot think? 

I'm sure the media would go for Phil Foden (vastly overrated in my opinion)

6 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Interesting debate with mates tonight on who's been English player of the season so far. Plenty of votes for the usual suspects but who do you lot think? 

Well my top five nominations would be

Harvey Barnes.... of course

Jack Grealish

Michail Antonio

Erzi Konsa

last one was difficult torn between Phil Foden or Nick Pope... both have had good season's so far... but for just for the sake of it Nick Pope felt some his saves for Burnley have been unreal.

I know many of you may scream where's Maddison but Maddison as been good but I still feel there's little more to come from him.

Edited by Leicesterpool

Just now, Leicesterpool said:

Well my top five nominations would be

Harvey Barnes.... of course

Jack Grealish

Michail Antonio

Erzi Konsa

last one was difficult torn between Phil Foden or Nick Pope... both have had good season's so far... but for just for the sake of it Nick Pope felt some his saves for Burnley have been unreal.

Can’t really argue with that. I’d have JJ in at 4 and Pope in at 5. Konsa is much improved though. Tbf didn’t know he was English. 

5 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Pope, Kane and Grealish would probably be my top three if I tried to put my Leicester bias aside

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Can’t really argue with that. I’d have JJ in at 4 and Pope in at 5. Konsa is much improved though. Tbf didn’t know he was English. 

Konsa is English yeah played for the under 21's.

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

So hard to pick just one player, there are a few who have had exceptional seasons in different positions. Aaron Cresswell for one who won’t get mentioned to many times has had an outstanding season every time I’ve watched West Ham play.

James Ward-Prowse had stepped his game up to the next level this season and Antonio had looked quality for West Ham at times.

Harry Kane doesn’t always get a lot of love on here, and I for one don’t want to give him any! But he probably edges it for me. 
He has almost single handedly carried Spurs this season, over 20 goals and assists combined already.

Spurs could really struggle over the next few weeks without him.

14 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

We're definitely fickle as a nation which means prospects' stars fade as quickly as they've risen but I genuinely don't believe Foden is overrated. I think his ceiling is as high as he wants it to be, we* have some hugely talented youngsters coming through but Foden (for me, anyway) is potential Balon D'Or winning material, he's absolutely glorious to watch.

*England

Edited by Langston
  • Like 1

Guest StevieLynex
9 minutes ago, Guest said:

Pope, Kane and Grealish would probably be my top three if I tried to put my Leicester bias aside

Not forgetting Mount, Maguire and Chilwell

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, Langston said:

We're definitely fickle as a nation which means prospects' stars fade as quickly as they've risen but I genuinely don't believe Foden is overrated. I think his ceiling is as high as he wants it to be, we have some hugely talented youngsters coming through but Foden (for me, anyway) is potential Balon D'Or winning material, he's absolutely glorious to watch.

Another 'Golden Generation' on it's way then

1 hour ago, Bats8711 said:

fixed.  let's not forget, they called that offside on the field.  So without VAR then no difference.  VAR SHOULD be looking at that, seeing there is no conclusive evidence he was offside, and awarding the goal.  

It is not "VAR's" fault that didn't happen.  It's people.

It’s for geeks in a studio and arm chair fans.

24 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Pope

Cash Stones Konsa Justin

Rice Ward-Prowse

Barnes Maddison Grealish

Kane

Would be my English team of the year.

Edited by AKCJ

An England team of just Premier League players and based solely on this seasons performance in the league would be interesting and probably look nothing like what Southgate picks in June. I’d go:

Pope

Justin

Maguire

Keane

Cresswell

Phillips

Ward-Prowse

Grealish

Rashford

Kane

Barnes

5 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

Another 'Golden Generation' on it's way then

Are you using the under achievement of a group of players from over a decade ago as a reason to not get remotely excited about any domestic talent? Fantastic.

Have a good evening!

1 minute ago, Langston said:

Are you using the under achievement of a group of players from over a decade ago as a reason to not get remotely excited about any domestic talent? Fantastic.

Have a good evening!

International football. Who actually cares? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Anybody else not watched match of the day since March last year? I always used to watch it but just seems pointless now when i watch most of the games anyway. 

Same here, also with sky sports YouTube channel you can watch whatever games you want whenever rather than waiting till 10:30 and then most likely sitting through 30 mins of games you aren’t that interested in.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

Why do you think he's overrated? 

Lad is a magician with the ball, the way he weaves past defenders and has started adding end product to his game. He is a real talent.

Just been listening to a few pundits who reckon we may see Man City start break away from the rest at the top. Even though City do look amazing at present they have got a tough run up, they face Burnley away... who at the moment are no pushovers. Liverpool away which is always a tight affair, Spurs at home and then Arsenal away. This will certainly be test for the blue half of manchester, this could be the foxes chance to gain some ground here.

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Pope

Cash Stones Konsa Justin

Rice Ward-Prowse

Barnes Maddison Grealish

Kane

Would be my English team of the year.

Darlow over Pope and throw Calvert-Lewin or Cresswel in over Cash and change formation/swap Justin to rb. Apart from that pretty much what I'd have gone for