Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

47 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Just been listening to a few pundits who reckon we may see Man City start break away from the rest at the top. Even though City do look amazing at present they have got a tough run up, they face Burnley away... who at the moment are no pushovers. Liverpool away which is always a tight affair, Spurs at home and then Arsenal away. This will certainly be test for the blue half of manchester, this could be the foxes chance to gain some ground here.

City are City in terms of what they have at their disposal is second to none compared to the rest of the league. But all of hype over them going on to win the league at a canter I just don’t see.

They beat Chelsea comfortably away a few weeks back and it seems that’s when all this hype about them began again. They’ve beaten the likes of Brighton and Sheff U in the last few weeks, with Brighton especially who should/could of got something from the game and I wouldn’t say have really been challenged.

The top of the league is still very open at the moment and I don’t see them running away with it at all, they’ve done nothing recently to say they’re untouchable.

We’ve dicked them already this season and as it stands a ‘rematch’ would be seriously tight still, our full strength team I would fancy would get something from the game.

8 hours ago, Trumpet said:

I think the linos are happier to call offsides now because they have the VAR safety net.

I’m ripping my patio up . VAR have judged it’s not level (very slightly slopes away from house). Remember when goals scored as players were level ! 

7 minutes ago, Fish said:

I’m ripping my patio up . VAR have judged it’s not level (very slightly slopes away from house). Remember when goals scored as players were level ! 

Just change your patio VAR so that it allows patios with a very slight slope (say 10 degrees) to be acceptable then you wouldn’t have to rip it up would you ...  or  ...  scrap your patio VAR completely and don’t worry about it being built with any type of slope at all ..  but don’t come crying on here if when you put your barbie on it it keeps sliding off ...   :)

20 minutes ago, Fish said:

It's alright mate, your bum is just playing it onside, if you stand in the flower bed.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

It's alright mate, your bum is just playing it onside, if you stand in the flower bed.

When I’ve just put a witty remark on puss please don’t put an even wittier one on straight after it ..  now go back to bed as it’s still dark outside ..  there’s a good cat. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

When I’ve just put a witty remark on puss please don’t put an even wittier one on straight after it ..  now go back to bed as it’s still dark outside ..  there’s a good cat. 

I'm flattered, most of my best work usually involves this :tumbleweed:

9 hours ago, casablancas said:

Can’t really argue with that...

9 hours ago, casablancas said:

I’d have JJ in at 4 and Pope in at 5. Konsa is much improved though. Tbf didn’t know he was English. 

:huh:

The thing I don't get about drawing the lines for offside is the sleeve thing. They don't actually draw the line from the sleeve of the shirt do they? If so what happens if the wear long sleeve shirts etc? 

24 minutes ago, lcfc81 said:

The thing I don't get about drawing the lines for offside is the sleeve thing. They don't actually draw the line from the sleeve of the shirt do they? If so what happens if the wear long sleeve shirts etc? 

It's another example where they've tried to clarify and have introduce a measure that is subjective and probably worse. Shirt sleeves vary, shoulders vary and arms vary. It's not a precise point to measure from.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, lcfc81 said:

should just be the last point of the player foot, arm, head, sleeve, finger nail why make it so confusing?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

It is a big opportunity to really cement ourselves in the top 4... I can’t remember the last time we were below sixth... it’s been incredible. We have games coming up that are all very much winnable ... teams out of form

While we will be out of Vardy ...