Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

I thought we held back for 75 minutes, then moved up a gear. Surely that's how to beat Liverpool.

I'm not sure we held back as much as Liverpool held us back. They pressed very hard for 75 minutes then seemed to collapse. I think the PEDs have found their limits with this schedule.

A couple of bloody brilliant results for us today. 3 points on the board this weekend and Liverpool, Everton, Man Utd and Villa all dropping points. 

As we move towards the last 10 games of the season, a 15 point lead over a team (having played the same games) is an incredibly tough margin to catch - I don’t see at this stage anyone matching Man Utds form at the end of last season.

So at this stage there are still about 12 teams on the race for European places, would be great over the next 3 or 4 games to see some more teams drop off.

Just now, BenTheFox said:

Mam City will go 10 points clear if they win their game in hand. They're running away with it as they should with the squad they've got to be fair. 

The game in hand is against Everton I believe. So either it'll pull keep Man City from completely pulling away or take Everton out of the top 4 question.

Everton's next two games are Man City and then Liverpool I think.

Still a lot of teams in contention. I do think 72 points should get top 4 though. A lot of sides have to win a very high percentage of matches to get to that number and many still have to play each other.

Chelsea look a real danger. Liverpool will surely get better and West Ham look dangerous too. Long long way to go yet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OadbyBlue said:

Even if they do go down, Fulham and Parker can definitely hold their heads up high, way more so than WBA and Sheffield United (based on this season, Atleast)

I think the West Brom players and management shouldn't take too much criticism. They aren't good enough and I think they know it. The board needs to take all the criticism there for the lack of investment. I mean they pulled out of signing Musa on a free because the chairmen said he couldn't afford his wages. 

Just now, OadbyBlue said:

Even if they do go down, Fulham and Parker can definitely hold their heads up high, way more so than WBA and Sheffield United (based on this season, Atleast)

Correct, it’s amazing Sheff Utd are so bad though, every time I’ve watch them this season they’ve been okay, been a little unlucky and missed some good chances. Fulham likewise have been okay.

Compare that to Newcastle and Crystal Palace who have been awful, I can’t believe how far clear the latter two are.

I’m looking at a small sample size, I usually watch our game, and any early kick offs each weekend, so far from seeing any of these teams week in week out - I just feel Palace have been the worst team I’ve seen this season, in every game I’ve watched them and I’m not sure how they are 14th.

Anyway massive game midweek for Fulham, if they can beat Burnley they have to think it’s game on and they can catch some of the shite above them.

31 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

On a more serious note, never has the truism 'I'd rather have the points on the board than the games in hand* felt more true.

Wise words sir. This season, even more than ever, no games can be taken as granted '3 points on the board'-ers.  Man City apart, nobody is consistent. There are upsets left right and centre, leaving us in a very strong position after our strong first half of the season.

11 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I'm not sure we held back as much as Liverpool held us back. They pressed very hard for 75 minutes then seemed to collapse. I think the PEDs have found their limits with this schedule.

But that's how Klopp plays.He pushes his sides to play flatout counter attacking football for 75 minutes thereby reducing the gametime with the aim of overpowering the opposition in those 75 minutes. If a side can withstand that pressure, they can win because the other team are worn out, which is what happened saturday. Gegenpressing.

Edited by yorkie1999
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I think the West Brom players and management shouldn't take too much criticism. They aren't good enough and I think they know it. The board needs to take all the criticism there for the lack of investment. I mean they pulled out of signing Musa on a free because the chairmen said he couldn't afford his wages. 

Yeah their squad does look very “championship”, I think Allardyce’s reputation would take the biggest hit, since the media made so much of the fact he’s never been relegated.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

lol

I don't know why people listen to Maguire, Just because he's fluked his way to be England captain , basically because there's no one else, under a manager who's never going to win anything in a million years,  doesn't excuse him from being a clueless dickhead. He might have a massive head, but he's got the footballing brain of homar simpsom...duh

I personally wouldn't be worried about going to Villa. We've just beat liverpool, and 5 of the top 6, so show ourselves a little respect. 

Also listened to Migel De Jong on Bien Sports after the Everton game and he was talking about how he perceived racism and his growing up and his own family etc. Top bloke.