Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Meslier is proof the pundits can’t veer away from the official PL narrative. He’s been at fault for a goal or two near enough every time I’ve seen him play. Yet “he’s had a very good season making big saves” - why are they so hesitant to say he’s costing them games? 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Maguire will surely have the captaincy stripped away from him at some point. He is dire, too slow, no mobility, no read of the game, error strewn and just doesn't act like a captain. He doesn't speak up and when he does hes always trying to defend himself. I cant imagine the reds supporters putting up with him for much longer. On the plus side for Maguire he signed a 6 year £200k per week deal as the next "saviour captain". Good scouting reds scum.

Their fan base ( if represented by RedCafe ) detest him 

11 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Meslier is proof the pundits can’t veer away from the official PL narrative. He’s been at fault for a goal or two near enough every time I’ve seen him play. Yet “he’s had a very good season making big saves” - why are they so hesitant to say he’s costing them games? 

The issue is I've seen games this season where the lad as done a decent impression of Neuer but I've also seen games where he looks more like Rab Douglas. There's no in between. I guess some people will only have seen his good games.

Got to say it’s very annoying now Leeds are always referred to as an unpredictable side, as if we didn’t beat Man City 5-2 away and lose 2-0 at home to Fulham. Everyone wins some and loses some ffs Leeds are nothing special in that respect.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, TheF1Bob said:

We only lost to Leeds thanks to Maddison doing his Hollywood passing nonsense when not needing to and Perez being Perez in front of goal.

It was more to do with us being sloppy than them being great imo. 

Isn't that the sort of thing Liverpool fans are saying about us?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, majaco said:

Isn't that the sort of thing Liverpool fans are saying about us?

Bang on. Leeds deserved to beat us. Football is a game of margins you can always find a way to excuse why you lost. 

When we beat them we scored our first goal on the counter after BamFord misses a sitter. He buries that and maybe they beat us at their place as well.