Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

James Maddison - 4 year deal, £110k per week

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

Hes proven himself in that Next Step up...from Norwich to Leicester now into a 3rd season...

Where like Leicester his club hes shown improvement and at a very high level....Normally in the past,These Type of players ,use the moment

and Move their careers to an higher plain...Well our club Now is at the crux, the beginning of that higher plain era....

We Need our top potential Stars to stay....

If with them staying we compete and achieve another Aspiring attempt at Top 6 ,Throwing in then the guantlet for Top 4,

& be part of taking and maintaining his Team into those Top 6 places,that will increase also his finances.....We have to be absolutely  honest our club even in the next 5 years, will not ever be able to pay the type of wages that the 'Present'  big clubs can .!!

Maddison is One of those interfaces,that with some others in our squad,Take this Club & squad up a few notches in quality,where in the past,we stayed still...

We must Not also forget, that sport always Moves forward,where also your opponents your peers from bottom to top,improve their potential Levels...

Some fans Need to man up, stop cackling and realise that in sport there are the ups und downs,more importantly accept with Pride clubs like ourselves Wolves, Everton, might just might occasionally Rattle the cage.  Soljskaer,Lampard,Mourhino,Klopp, Pep,just have better in depth better rescources....

Some of you seemed to have forgot who,and where we are, by taking the pss put of other clubs struggles,

well you got your comeuppance by underrating those Big Club rescources & Overrating at entitlement and arrogant expectation levels, our very  own club in depth rescources...

If Rodgers Made errors,some of you Made over enitled calls...

If we can secure players,like Riccardo,Chilwell,Tielemans,Soyuncu and Maddison then at least that entitlement of OTT critic,

can Move into at least an expectations level....

We are that club, that the fans Build up & make it....from some Quarters we have forgot our humble, dry,wry wit, fearless brand..!!!

We still have a long journey to Move from "also rans" , Spurs-nobodies..!!!!!

Oh by all means,there are points and ground to be made in our frustrations & some heavy critic,

but too many just Keep Pecking away and take Pathetic pundits style attitudes, instead of just being wry Observer of our clubs stuation....Like some have mentioned, one can actually start to hate. the spirit & character of this forum....

Especially when our young Top players get The flak that they do......!!! 

At last in Maddison we have a young England Player with high potential who is willing to re-sign....!!!

Sure, I agree it's great that we signed him. I just think if we're going to give him that much money (a lot for a club our size) we should at least make the deal 5 years long. We are really pushing our wage bracket into new areas for this, only makes sense to demand some assurances for doing so. I think we had the bargaining position to make it 5 years.

Just now, Nicolo Barella said:

Sure, I agree it's great that we signed him. I just think if we're going to give him that much money (a lot for a club our size) we should at least make the deal 5 years long. We are really pushing our wage bracket into new areas for this, only makes sense to demand some assurances for doing so. I think we had the bargaining position to make it 5 years.

Neither he or bis Agent might of agree with longer terms...Like it or not,   we are still in that situation of need. We are still Aspiring to be that club,where

Young Top potential players more often say yes,we come and stay a few seasons....

It might hurt some Fans pride, but the Vardy's & Schmeichels even Maddisons,Grealishes are rare....

We do have to be measured & thoughtfull towards our Talented investments.....I Dont begrudge the Mahrezs ( he gave us 2 seasons longer) Maguires took the opportunity, Kante ( who said he Wanted Chelsea,before signing for us).

Even if we got CL...It wouldnt mean our First Choice Heroes to be,  would even want to come to Leicester...We are still  a provincial group of nobodies,

We Need consistent high finishes,and trophies to strengths our cause,and it is a catch22 situation.

Keep Low key,Nick and Tuck with Finds like,Maddison,Riccardo,Tielemans,Soyuncu , Plus intern discoveries like Barnes,Chilwell,Thomas....

These are our First needed Achievements before a EL or  CL Challenge becomes longer & achievable....

A manager needs a high Quality of support & cover,before his interviews can be faithfully trusted....

I will Watch with interest and with different Glasses their presented situation First BRodgers, Grouped with Mourhino,Lampard,Soljkaer,Arteta,Nuno.

Then our could be near competitors managers...Everton,Sheffutd,Newcastle,Aston Villa,Wham,Southampton...Plus any suprise Promoted club...

I do believe,Wolves & Everton,could upset our aspirations, but Holding onto those forementioned players,& Maddison for me that special Link we need,

even on a Short contract,can Keep those Ambitions & aspirations on a higher note.....We have no Shots to call...Not just yet..!! Maybe never..!!

Working the honest & humble roll,Abs Served us well,though we lost some bite, and internal nastiness.

6 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Great news. We must also hold on to Cags, Ricardo and Ndidi. If we lose one of our top young players, Chilwell is probably the most dispensable but I hope we keep him too. Can't see our other first team players attracting bids from top teams; they're either too old (Vardy, Evans, Kasper), not on form (Youri), not at the right level (Perez) or have potential but lack consistency (Barnes).

Chilwell will be a big loss...We Need him & Quality Backline cover. In Justin , Thomas,Riccardo that above allround Cover is there,

Plus allows BRodgers to create Planb even C permatations. If Chilwell goes,where is the Cover for Thomas,And No!! Fuchs might be a plus,but not Now

serious cover...IMO

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

So? What an awful attitude. That's basically saying other teams are crap with money so we should be too.

£100k is about the going rate for a 2nd contract for a highly sought after playing in their early to mid twenties, especially one with a lot of hype about his performances at this level (even if we know there's plenty of improving/consistency to do)

Just now, Ric Flair said:

£100k is about the going rate for a 2nd contract for a highly sought after playing in their early to mid twenties, especially one with a lot of hype about his performances at this level (even if we know there's plenty of improving/consistency to do)

I'd agree, it's up to him to deliver isn't it. He will be under massive pressure if he's not delivering quality performances and rightly so. If he's putting in 7s and 8s most weeks then he's earning his wage.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, filbertway said:

So? What an awful attitude. That's basically saying other teams are crap with money so we should be too.

lol

No. It's basically saying that other teams have shite players on that much and we've got one of our best players on that much.

Shows we're good with money.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Need to get him back higher up the pitch and effecting play, I want him to concentrate more on attacking again, even if that means he gets tagged a number 10 for a while. He was sensational from February to December under Rodgers.

I felt like he was best during that period when playing as an 8 from deeper in the pitch.

Villa away was a stand out for me. He bossed the game.

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

I felt like he was best during that period when playing as an 8 from deeper in the pitch.

Villa away was a stand out for me. He bossed the game.

Possibly but as he got deeper and his form dropped, he no longer got in scoring positions or create any for others. I think he needs to go back to what he's good at and that's playing in the oppositions half higher up.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Possibly but as he got deeper and his form dropped, he no longer got in scoring positions or create any for others. I think he needs to go back to what he's good at and that's playing in the oppositions half higher up.

I think a lot is owed to Tielemans.

If he plays well as an 8 then so does Maddison.

Hope they can regain that pair and I think the signing of an out and out right winger can only help.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Weird how people use the backpack as a stick to beat him with. Would I spend 5k on a Gucci backpack? No. Do I think he dresses like a bellend? Yes. Is he entitled to? Of course. Leave him be. I'd wager I probably spend a similar amount of my disposible income (percentage wise) on clothes compared to Maddison. People have interests and hobbies, it's no different to a footballer spending money on cars, holidays or train sets.

Agree..Its becoming ridiculous, but I for One couldnt care if he collects expensive backpacks,trainers,haircuts,travel pssholes for Celebrities.

A witty Sarcastic remarks are even ok,but not constant negative chips,or Sly undertones reminders....It embarrases the Posters other statements,and puts this

Forum on a fisherwives or Type magazine-'Hello' immature footing...

So long he gives us a totally Profi attitude,doesn't bring the Club into disrepute, and plays his heart out for himself,

his teammates & club,then Gucci-Backpack away to your Hearts content....Jamie boy...!!

1 hour ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

As long as Top has the money he can pay players what he and they want as FFP does not now apply to wages.

No he can't. They removed the wage increase cap, but not the FFP spending rules which dictates a club cannot make a loss of >£105m over a 3 year cyclical period.

We don't have infinite money, but we could make a loss of between £15m and £105m over a 3 year period, as long as King Power guaranteed it.

Edited by Beechey

1 hour ago, Abrasive fox said:

Thought it was 5 years not 4.

I was reading through this thread waiting for someone to mention that.

I've no idea if it's four or five but it's likely this was the stumbling block over the last few months. It's a recurring theme now with both Tielemans and Maddison signing four year contracts rather than the usual five year which you would expect. It appears our best young players don't want to be tied down here too long as when the contract runs down to the last two years the balance of power shifts from the club to the player. 

33 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I think a lot is owed to Tielemans.

If he plays well as an 8 then so does Maddison.

Hope they can regain that pair and I think the signing of an out and out right winger can only help.

4-1-4-1 with Maddison and Tielemans playing well and Ndidi covering them both and being asked to do of more of what he excels at was when we're at our best and rolling teams over. That's what i want us to get back to. A midfield trio that was arguably the best in the league apart from Man City. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KFS said:

This boy needs the Europa League. He was firing before Christmas but needs a full consistent season at the top before they start touting him for a Champions League team. Has time on his side, too.

He was not firing before Christmas ...?

• Haha 1