Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

James Maddison - 4 year deal, £110k per week

1 minute ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Great news. We must also hold on to Cags, Ricardo and Ndidi. If we lose one of our top young players, Chilwell is probably the most dispensable but I hope we keep him too. Can't see our other first team players attracting bids from top teams; they're either too old (Vardy, Evans, Kasper), not on form (Youri), not at the right level (Perez) or have potential but lack consistency (Barnes).

I agree. Not sure out players are in serious demand right now

A lot of money for someone who hasn't scored or assisted since New Years Day, but if we can improve players around him, in particular more creative players, then hopefully he'll have more freedom to flourish again like he did in the first half of the season.

I still think he needs to toughen up physically though. He's too easy to knock off the ball.

• Like 3

Great news. Need to ship-out the piles of deadwood now.  Probably need to contract in one of those Amazonian Logging Companies or the Forestry Commission to assist.

• Haha 1

For me, he has to raise his game to another level to be worth that kind of money but it at least safeguards us and ensures we get a big fee should we sell. I'm sure the agents of Ricardo, Soyuncu, Barnes, Chilwell, Ndidi and Tielemans are the phone to rudders immediately if they aren't already at that kind of money.

We need to be careful though, we spend so much of budget giving new contracts and ensuring players don't want to leave when we need to spend big in the transfer market. I'm sure we can do both.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Glad to start getting players contracts sorted early would like Ricardo next then wilf these are the main two that would be very hard to replace. 

Don't think the club will have a choice now this is out in public. Agents will be banging Rudkin's door down with this news*. "If he's on £110k a week, my client deserves at least the same etc..."

*Pretty sure they all know details behind the scenes, but it just further starts the cascade when earnings are aired out into the public domain

• Like 1

This boy needs the Europa League. He was firing before Christmas but needs a full consistent season at the top before they start touting him for a Champions League team. Has time on his side, too.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Bingo. This is all it is.

If so, that's not a bad thing. 

I think if we can have a similar season to the one we just had (without the collapse in the second half...) then he'll be one of the players most likely to stay long-term. He seems to genuinely love it here. But if he does leave then it'll be because its the best thing for both parties and we'll be getting one hell of a wedge in return. Mahrez was the better player but Maddison is an English international and less likely to throw a strop to force a transfer, so it'd be likely an even larger fee and possibly our record sale.

Edited by Xen
  • Like 1

I am concerned about this, not only does it seem like a wage setting deal for a club not in the champions league.

We know how much he enjoys life off the field

If he does not have a good year next season, this is going to look a very niave deal.

Edited by twister
spelling