Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

James Maddison - 4 year deal, £110k per week

46 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I’m the opposite actually. I generally don’t have an issue of footballers showing wealth etc or having a good time .

But doing it this summer. Showing off private jets and VIP areas in the midst of a pandemic. Many have had to cancel holidays and lost money in the process. Comfortable in the knowledge that they can come back have a test immediately or use their position as a ‘professional athlete’ to be exempt from quarantine rules. It’s a poor show - celebrities doing similar, the same applies 

Yep I agree. Generally I have no problem with what they do in their spare time unless it’s really bad, but sometimes they don’t help themselves. 

We need a NBA style First Take show with Graeme Souness and Roy Keane, and bring back Andy Gray for this. Can you imagine the hissy fits they would throw if players went to strip clubs during the week in between games or started having social media fights with political pundits. 

Skip Baylees = Graeme Souness 

LeBron James = Paul Pogba 

@lildave3 @MC Prussian

Edited by Koke
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I’m the opposite actually. I generally don’t have an issue of footballers showing wealth etc or having a good time .

But doing it this summer. Showing off private jets and VIP areas in the midst of a pandemic. Many have had to cancel holidays and lost money in the process. Comfortable in the knowledge that they can come back have a test immediately or use their position as a ‘professional athlete’ to be exempt from quarantine rules. It’s a poor show - celebrities doing similar, the same applies 

Exempt from the quarantine if they pay for or their employers provide a private test. Making good use of what’s available to them. I really don’t have a problem with it at all. 

I’m sure many of us would do the same, putting it on social media is another argument but I doubt they’re doing it to rub anyone’s nose in it. 

I know people who were out in Spain when the revised quarantine rules were in place and I think they’ve gone for a test, waited the specified time and gone about their business (whether that’s within the rules I don’t know). 

These lads bring us enjoyment for the biggest part of the year, personally I’m happy for them to have their time now. They can’t exactly wait until it all dies down and go in Jan/Feb can they. 

I know if I could take my friends and family away now on a private jet and not worry about it, I would. 

• Like 4

On 04/08/2020 at 14:18, Leeds Fox said:

Exempt from the quarantine if they pay for or their employers provide a private test. Making good use of what’s available to them. I really don’t have a problem with it at all. 

I’m sure many of us would do the same, putting it on social media is another argument but I doubt they’re doing it to rub anyone’s nose in it. 

I know people who were out in Spain when the revised quarantine rules were in place and I think they’ve gone for a test, waited the specified time and gone about their business (whether that’s within the rules I don’t know). 

These lads bring us enjoyment for the biggest part of the year, personally I’m happy for them to have their time now. They can’t exactly wait until it all dies down and go in Jan/Feb can they. 

I know if I could take my friends and family away now on a private jet and not worry about it, I would. 

Not true 

you can incubate for 14 days and if you go to the final days then you may not test positive until day 10!  So they will have to quarantine for at least ten days on their return and then a negative test could justify an early finish ....

On 05/08/2020 at 21:50, st albans fox said:

Not true 

you can incubate for 14 days and if you go to the final days then you may not test positive until day 10!  So they will have to quarantine for at least ten days on their return and then a negative test could justify an early finish ....

Or just fly to Croatia which has no quarantine have a few days there and fly home via there..... 

• Like 2

I dont really get the quarantine thing. I could drive to France, and drive straight through it to Spain no passport checks in the EU, then come back again. As far as the UK is concerned I have been to France. It's a nonsense, they aren't going to know any different.

14 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Or just fly to Croatia which has no quarantine have a few days there and fly home via there..... 

There was some guy on the radio talking about this "loophole" and said exactly that lol

7 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

I dont really get the quarantine thing. I could drive to France, and drive straight through it to Spain no passport checks in the EU, then come back again. As far as the UK is concerned I have been to France. It's a nonsense, they aren't going to know any different.

No passport checks?  Same as the English Channel then.

17 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

There was some guy on the radio talking about this "loophole" and said exactly that lol

Exactly. It's what Maddison has done and I'm sure a few others will do the same. 

But obviously I'm sure they will all get tested once they are back anyway. 

Edited by goose2010

47 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

But that's not the rule, the rule is still that you have to quarantine for whatever the period is after visiting Spain. Flying elsewhere doesn't preclude you from it, albeit might make it harder to track (though they obviously know where you flew too). But it's the problem of people thinking as individuals constrained by rules rather than members of a society having constraints put on them to serve others in society. 

Of course the fine makes the square root of **** all difference to him but it'd be good if he got caught out for it if that's what he did. 

• Like 1

To be fair we don't know if he is actually avoiding quarantine, he may just be enjoying the use of a private jet! Alright for some! I certainly wouldn't mind flying to Ibiza, Greece and then Croatia all in a private jet! What a life. 

On 04/08/2020 at 10:43, Cardiff_Fox said:

Pandemic or not, if I was single and had his money, I would be doing exactly the same thing. 

• Like 4