Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Yacine Adli

13 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Well now! That's quite the development! Maybe he's been on the blower to us and told us about a good deal in order to get back in our good books!? (One can dream).

Players signed under Macia (I think all these were):

- Maguire

- Ricardo

- Maddison

- Soyuncu

- Benkovic

- Ghezzal

- Silva

- Iborra

- Evans

- Nacho

- Ward

- Tielemans (loan)

Pretty decent track record there...

It's about 50/50

3 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

It's about 50/50

Yep which is honestly pretty good for any club. Over the last 5 years or so I think only Liverpool have made better transfers than us in terms of impact on the first team. Look at how much money some other teams have wasted like Man U, Villa, Everton and even Chelsea who broke the record for a goalkeeper and don't even start him!

Transfers are really hard to get right. Sign the right player and it makes all the difference. Vardy, Kante, Mahrez, Evans, Ricardo. Sign the wrong one and you look like an idiot; Slimani, Silva, Ghezall, etc.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

When you look at Perez struggling as a right winger, is it possible Ghezzal isn't suited to that position and would be better as number 10? Did we try him there, I can't remember. 

He did ok against Liverpool I think in that role, only ok though 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, PrecociousFox93 said:

At €14m and not a huge sum on the wage bill I wouldn’t be against this. We need depth in midfield especially with the amount of games we’ll have coming up.

At the very worst we lose £5m or so.

..watching the obligatory YouTube!!!

He looks like he mike be difficult to shift if Maddison is late coming back from his injury.

If just a backup then, great. Odsonne Edouard can play this position but I would suppose Maddison would have to have left.

Barnes can, I believe, play in that position and should be considered an option.

Don't know if he's any good, but I hope this is the sort of player we are after. We do need one more no.8/no.10. Whether we play 4-1-2-3 or 3 at the back, we will always have 2 creative CMs starting. Praet's the only cover at the mo.

29 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

We were desperate for someone with a reputation like Congerton's apparently.

No but honestly it wasn't ever really explained. He wanted to leave before hand. He was linked to france for whils before he left.

Edited by Fightforever

15 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I hope we are looking for a player like this, but this article isn't very informed. Says it's as a replacement for Maddison, who Man Utd are apparently after. No mention that he's just signed a new contract with us.

Also says we only have Maddison and Kapustka (who is about as far from the first team as my gran is) for the no.10 role (which we don't really ever use, anyway). No mention of Barnes or Ayoze.

I do think we could do with a young backup for JM, though.