Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UniFox21

2020/21 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

4 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Idiakez also left Derby after Pearson left there. It looks like he wanted to follow Pearson more than leave lcfc, else I suspect he would have stayed at Derby. I don’t think anyone knows about Halajko’s reasons. It could be he butted heads or it could be his wife didn’t fall in love with the city. So far I’d say there’s one dodgy leaving. Not quite a pattern tbh.

Idiakez did ultimately leave to join Pearson but previously wanted the U23s job as they were largely the same players he had brought through from U15/16 level. He was told he would have to work under beaglehole which he refused to do (make of that what you will!)......and then the Pearson offer came in from Derby.

Cant comment on Halajko as dont know anything about it but the point i think @Ric Flair is trying to make is not so much there are several 'dodgy' leavings but that the rest of the key coaches between U15 to U23 have all been here a very long time (excl Ben Petty) and none of them have experience of coaching at the level we now need to try and attain.   

As our club evolves,  our coaching and academy needs to evolve with it and for that to happen, surely we need new blood and fresh ideas....or else there will be a significant gap to bridge. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Idiakez did ultimately leave to join Pearson but previously wanted the U23s job as they were largely the same players he had brought through from U15/16 level. He was told he would have to work under beaglehole which he refused to do (make of that what you will!)......and then the Pearson offer came in from Derby.

Cant comment on Halajko as dont know anything about it but the point i think @Ric Flair is trying to make is not so much there are several 'dodgy' leavings but that the rest of the key coaches between U15 to U23 have all been here a very long time (excl Ben Petty) and none of them have experience of coaching at the level we now need to try and attain.   

As our club evolves,  our coaching and academy needs to evolve with it and for that to happen, surely we need new blood and fresh ideas....or else there will be a significant gap to bridge. 

🙌

1 hour ago, rachhere said:

Yet they have good forward players who need an opportunity to develop on the bench. Madness. 

Not really. It’s shop window time and we desperately need someone to panic and pay money for him in Jan rather than free in the summer. 

3 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Is parading someone in the u23s really going to help? 

Won't work anyway. He was getting absolutely slatted by Chelsea's commentary team the last match I watched. His heart and head ain't in it. Or at least wasn't that match. Slim, the best striker in Ligue One. Gray, the best sub in the Premier League. A bit of demotivational kick about.

1 minute ago, rachhere said:

Is parading someone in the u23s really going to help? 

...makes you wonder, what is in it for us!!!

If Gray has chosen to leave on a free, then giving him game time does not benefit our club, as it takes away space for another players to show what they can do.

If however, if it is an effort to showcase Gray for a sale in January, then it makes sense to put him in the shop window to maximise a potential sale.

25 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Not really. It’s shop window time and we desperately need someone to panic and pay money for him in Jan rather than free in the summer. 

Why would Gray and his representatives agree to a transfer in January when he is less than 6 months away from being a free agent, with all the benefits that brings?

48 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Where the fcukin fcuk is Sidnei Tavares?

730610811_Screenshot2020-12-19at00_31_37.png.2ec09ee70a324fe6a3b552105b5be9ae.png

Is Tav trying to do a Sancho and we're not including him until the dispute is over? They ended up selling Sancho to Dortmund for seven million. Not sure we'll get that...

Edited by Foxxed