Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Francisco Trincão

This loan deal makes good sense for Barca. Blooding one of their future young stars in the premier league and bumping up there monetary worth in the process is laughing all the way to the bank. They will probably have a clause to bring back anytime they want after a season in case he suddenly becomes the next Ronaldo!

maybe the message of them having no intention of selling is a way of them saying they would be willing to loan him.

If i was Barcelona i probably wouldn’t agree to a fee right now either. in 1 or two years time they get a player back who is rdy for their first team squad OR they can get a bigger  fee than we are offering in our deal..

28 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Trincao is probably their most saleable asset at this moment in time. Nobody with any money will want Coutinho, Dembele or Rakitic, and if they do it will be on a loan where the fee is unlikely to be very big.

Barca know that they have a guaranteed €20m profit sat waiting for them, on a player that they don't know is any good. They do know that Messi, Suarez, Griezmann, Dembele, Fati and Pedri are all decent to world class in his position, and they supposedly want Lautaro Martinez too.

The player isn't going to get games at Barcelona. To me it makes sense for all parties for a deal to be done. 

Fati used to play for my works team.

1 hour ago, Ricey said:

No way they'd agree to three meetings if they have zero desire to sell.

The Barca Chairman has been explicit about not selling - thats the word he used according to the reports. He hasn't said anything about loans, or been more encompassing by saying the player isn't "leaving". 

9 hours ago, Plastik Man said:

Are you seriously suggesting anyone on Foxestalk has actually watched him play? 

There's an unwritten code to wild transfer speculation. Please respect it!

Well he did play twice against Rangers, just before lockdown live on BT Sport. 

Three meeting, fcuking hell, I hope they were all on zoom. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jacnah said:

The Barca Chairman has been explicit about not selling - thats the word he used according to the reports. He hasn't said anything about loans, or been more encompassing by saying the player isn't "leaving". 

To be fair he has said that multiple times over the years only for said player to then be sold in the same window

All Chairman/managers say it, they just use it as a way to make it seem like the club isn't weak so that when the player does leave it makes people think it is on their terms and they were in control of the deal not the buying club

Rodgers has regularly been saying that there is no intention to sell Chilwell and that he isn't for sale - but we all know if Chelsea pay what we want he is gone - its all just posturing, same as last summer with Maguire

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

A potential rating is just someone guessing at how a player will turn out - eventual current rating. That's all it is. Comparing two players with the same potential just tells you someone is guessing they'll both turn out to be as good as each other. That's twice the guesswork.

What do you mean there's no point comparing 88 rated players who are in their 30s to 19 year olds with 88 Potential? You can't be serious. That tells you so much more. That tells you exactly how good they're guessing the young player will turn out! That's so much more helpful.

Fook me you'd have an argument in an empty room. I think the guy was asking me how he stacked up against other players. Surely he meant other players of a similar age and so called Potential. He was replying to me saying he has 88 Potential. 

4 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

Trincao is probably their most saleable asset at this moment in time. Nobody with any money will want Coutinho, Dembele or Rakitic, and if they do it will be on a loan where the fee is unlikely to be very big.

Barca know that they have a guaranteed €20m profit sat waiting for them, on a player that they don't know is any good. They do know that Messi, Suarez, Griezmann, Dembele, Fati and Pedri are all decent to world class in his position, and they supposedly want Lautaro Martinez too.

The player isn't going to get games at Barcelona. To me it makes sense for all parties for a deal to be done. 

I don't understand how Barca are skint but Man City and Chelsea are buying everyone. 

4 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Exactly plus they have a track record of selling players they said they never would. 

There's lots of moving parts. I bet if they can offload Coutinho, Rakitic, Braithwaite (who they just signed!) and maybe even Suarez they will look to keep him. If those deals can't be done they need cash from somewhere.

It's still early in the window and if the player is our number 1 target then why not stick it out? We didn't budge on price for Maguire and got what we wanted. Negotiations are far from straightforward.

I could see us loaning him. Maybe when their squad is sorted more toward the end of the window. But they would be daft to sell a player they've never played who has bags of potential. They wil try and sell older players and deadwood like Umtiti, Vidal, Rakitic, Coutinho first. These recent rumours of Soyuncu better be false too. 

• Like 1

Can someone point out to me why everyone is going crazy over this guy, I’ve read this thread in parts but I don’t get it, I watched the obligatory YouTube video but where they usually make a player appear better then he is, he looked very average in the video I seen, the only thing that stood out was that his right foot is clearly only for standing on 

2 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

I could see us loaning him. Maybe when their squad is sorted more toward the end of the window. But they would be daft to sell a player they've never played who has bags of potential. They wil try and sell older players and deadwood like Umtiti, Vidal, Rakitic, Coutinho first. These recent rumours of Soyuncu better be false too. 

I think Barcelona are in a very tough spot right now. Real Madrid just won La Liga and impressively have done this whilst blooding many new players like Casimeiro, Vinicius, Rodrygo and Asensio. They have invested heavily into highly promising youngsters to replace their legends whose legs are fading; Ronaldo, Modric, Benzema, Kroos, Ramos. With Real having won the league already despite Hazard being injured for most of it is scary for Barcelona given massive flops like Dembele, Coutinho and to some extent Griezman whilst players like Suarez are fading away and the likes of Iniesta and Xavi never truly being replaced. I can understand their desire to develop a new generation like they did with Pep when they were the dominant force in world football, but think they are a long way of being able to do that, and have a lot more pressure on them now than they did back then. They have a massive wage bill, an ageing team and even though they have one of the best players of all time, that player is the wrong side of 30 now.

For those reasons I could definitely see us loaning him and my gut feeling is he will join us for a 2 year loan. I think it just makes sense for both parties and would work well for us too, as we could massively upgrade the first team AND still spend money to improve the rest of the squad. Maybe we only have him for 2 years, but hey Cambiasso and Kante only played one season here each, Maguire only two. You can still make a huge impact even if you're with a club for a short space of time.

• Like 3

Just now, FoxyJim1987 said:

They've done bad business, granted. Surely they will sell older unwanted players ahead of guys like trincao 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2892368-why-barcelona-are-vulnerable-to-a-financial-disaster-over-covid-19

That article is pretty good at bringing together all the reasoning as to why they have money issues; massive debt, massive losses due to covid, stupid spending, biggest wage bill in football

The players wage bill accounts for 69% of the clubs revenue, and they are meant to have lost around £150m of income from matchday, tourism, etc. due to covid

They have been very poorly mismanaged financially over the last few years

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Can someone point out to me why everyone is going crazy over this guy, I’ve read this thread in parts but I don’t get it, I watched the obligatory YouTube video but where they usually make a player appear better then he is, he looked very average in the video I seen, the only thing that stood out was that his right foot is clearly only for standing on 

This makes him a 1000% upgrade on Perez. 

7 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

That's a few folk I've saw say that now. I'm not going to pretend that I know anything about him but from the highlight vids is saw he certainly wasn't shy about swinging in a cross with his right and he appeared to score with the right boot a few times. 

I'm confused as to why people would go out their way to highlight this...

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Fook me you'd have an argument in an empty room. I think the guy was asking me how he stacked up against other players. Surely he meant other players of a similar age and so called Potential. He was replying to me saying he has 88 Potential. 

Would I? We've interpreted a pretty vague question in two different ways, then you've told me that I misunderstood (when I didn't) and that my answer was pointless. How do you expect someone to react to that?

Yes, he was replying to you with a question that I guessed meant they were asking what a potential rating of 88 means in real terms.

I don't think either of us are in the wrong with regard to the original question, really. Let's just drop it now.

2 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

That's a few folk I've saw say that now. I'm not going to pretend that I know anything about him but from the highlight vids is saw he certainly wasn't shy about swinging in a cross with his right and he appeared to score with the right boot a few times. 

I'm confused as to why people would go out their way to highlight this...

Apparently one of the best things about him is his right foot. Left footed players tend to be a lot more one footed than right footed players but this doesnt seem to be the case with this guy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think Barcelona are in a very tough spot right now. Real Madrid just won La Liga and impressively have done this whilst blooding many new players like Casimeiro, Vinicius, Rodrygo and Asensio. They have invested heavily into highly promising youngsters to replace their legends whose legs are fading; Ronaldo, Modric, Benzema, Kroos, Ramos. With Real having won the league already despite Hazard being injured for most of it is scary for Barcelona given massive flops like Dembele, Coutinho and to some extent Griezman whilst players like Suarez are fading away and the likes of Iniesta and Xavi never truly being replaced. I can understand their desire to develop a new generation like they did with Pep when they were the dominant force in world football, but think they are a long way of being able to do that, and have a lot more pressure on them now than they did back then. They have a massive wage bill, an ageing team and even though they have one of the best players of all time, that player is the wrong side of 30 now.

For those reasons I could definitely see us loaning him and my gut feeling is he will join us for a 2 year loan. I think it just makes sense for both parties and would work well for us too, as we could massively upgrade the first team AND still spend money to improve the rest of the squad. Maybe we only have him for 2 years, but hey Cambiasso and Kante only played one season here each, Maguire only two. You can still make a huge impact even if you're with a club for a short space of time.

Given Covid I can see your point. I've no idea what the clubs finances are. Still can't wrap my head around the idea of developing someone else's asset and paying top dollar to boot.. There's probably a good chance considering he's coming to the Premier League that it will take him some time(?) to bed in. We need someone to hit the ground running now not a year from now and then he goes back and we have nothing.. Why can't we find a player like him to buy for 30/40 mil and reap the benefit of our investment. Feels like tossing money down a hole hoping something good will happen. We take all the risk. Can't believe we can't find a left footed right winger who can be our asset. Our gamble. Our profit.

6 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Tomorrow morning, Anderson Perry will board a plane to Barcelona with nothing but his magical steering wheel

This is the guy we need to seal the deal. GERRIMON the plane. Top notch. 

15 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Tomorrow morning, Anderson Perry will board a plane to Barcelona with nothing but his magical steering wheel

Does this guy even exist?  He kept me gripped during the Aringuez saga!

53 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I'm not sure how closely you watch la liga but Casemiro is not a new player, Asensio has been injured all season, and they've won the league BECAUSE of their legends, particularly Benzema and Ramos. They have a settled team, World Class players like Kroos, Modric, Varane, Marcelo, with a sprinkling of young talent like Valverde, Vinicus. I tend to think the struggles of Barca and Atletico have given the league to Madrid rather than Madrid being exceptional. Barca have splurged mega bucks on turd, whilst Atletico are not what they were. With this in mind if I was Barca I'd be building around young stars like Trincao, Fati, Dembele, with experienced guys like Pique, Messi, Alba, Busquets etc, and get rid of the failures like Umtiti Coutinho and the like. But hey if they loan him to is happy days, their loss. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Would I? We've interpreted a pretty vague question in two different ways, then you've told me that I misunderstood (when I didn't) and that my answer was pointless. How do you expect someone to react to that?

Yes, he was replying to you with a question that I guessed meant they were asking what a potential rating of 88 means in real terms.

I don't think either of us are in the wrong with regard to the original question, really. Let's just drop it now.

👍👍

• Like 1