Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Francisco Trincão

This should be a win win for everyone. Barca aren’t going to give him game time, any time soon. So we should be allowed to take him on a two season loan, and we’ll pay x for the pleasure. I guess the sticking point would be the option to purchase at the end of the loan spell. But tbh there would have been a lot of water under the bridge by then, and things will have changed. We’ll either be gutted to lose our best ever player, or we’ll be dying to get out of the deal! Either way, we’ll need a longer term planning strategy for replacing him.

13 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Barcelona just seem to be one of those clubs that are a ****ing nightmare to work with.

Well to be fair we are trying to sign a player they haven't even seen play for them yet. It's like those people who try and buy the stuff at a car boot sale before the persons started setting up their stall.

Absolutely everything at Barca is up in the air, from squad to manager, so they're hardly going to agree to sell or loan to us yet when their season isn't even finished yet. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

There's definitely something there otherwise we wouldn't be pushing

exactly!.. we aint stupid. we wouldn't be pushing any team in the world for someone out our reach especially one of the elite clubs in the world if he wasnt for sale in some way or another.

4 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

If Barca are open to meeting us (which it appears they are) then they’re open to him going in some form or another.

Hopefully this isn’t going to be a huge waste of time and effort.

its a strange transfer window in a strange climate at the moment so we most certainly wouldn't be wasting our time on someone out our reach when the season is only round the corner again.

Edited by les-tah

2 minutes ago, les-tah said:

exactly!.. we aint stupid. we wouldn't be pushing any team in the world for someone out our reach especially one of the elite clubs in the world if he wasnt for sale in some way or another.

...is that assuming that the player is favourable to the move!!!

All very well agreeing a price but the player has to get on board and perhaps the perseverance is that we know he wants to come.

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

All very well agreeing a price but the player has to get on board and perhaps the perseverance is that we know he wants to come.

I think pretty much all deals start with contact with the players/agent these days to see if they are willing to come, I can't imagine we would be seemingly pushing this hard for him unless we knew he was willing to come

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Barcelona need cash now. I would offer them £30 million or so, and give them the option to buy back at £60 million. They get the cash which can go towards Martinez or whoever they want, and if he actually becomes worthy of replacing Messi they can get him for a fairly cheap price.

Surely a loan with an option to buy at a price agreed in advance would be the best outcome for Leicester, that way if he doesn't cut it there is no loss and if he's a roaring success you've already locked in the price beforehand and have first refusal on the player.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Surely a loan with an option to buy at a price agreed in advance would be the best outcome for Leicester, that way if he doesn't cut it there is no loss and if he's a roaring success you've already locked in the price beforehand and have first refusal on the player.

There's very little incentive for Barcelona to give him to us in that case though. I'm pretty sure they need the cash now. If they wanted to loan him out they could probably find a more ideal team.

35 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

There's very little incentive for Barcelona to give him to us in that case though. I'm pretty sure they need the cash now. If they wanted to loan him out they could probably find a more ideal team.

Sorry, the last part doesn't make any sense to me. 

Name me many more ideal teams than us to send a younger winger near guaranteed to start to? 

• Like 3

Although hardly ideal, I wonder if we could offer 30m up front for the duration of his loan with an agreed "top up" at the end of the loan. The point being to address Barca's bewildering cash short fall in the short term, and if are so certain he is mustard, then an extra  10m (if it is an obligation) or 20m (If its an option) at the end isn`t the worst case in the world.

Then again, its not my money  :dunno:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Sorry, the last part doesn't make any sense to me. 

Name me many more ideal teams than us to send a younger winger near guaranteed to start to? 

A team in Spain, like Villareal maybe. Not ideal to loan a player to such a different league in terms of playstyle. Some players can have trouble adapting. We would always look to loan in the EPL before looking at teams abroad, concerning our young talents. 

Especially considering that they would want him to learn Spanish, not English.

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

I gathered you don't approach a club without already approaching the players representatives and floating the idea with them. Yeah sounds like tapping up which is apparently against the rules but it still happens.

14 minutes ago, les-tah said:

I gathered you don't approach a club without already approaching the players representatives and floating the idea with them. Yeah sounds like tapping up which is apparently against the rules but it still happens.

I think literally every transfer involves tapping up of some kind, clubs only kick off about it when the buying club over steps the mark with it (like Liverpool did with Van Dijk)