Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Francisco Trincão

53 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

That's a few folk I've saw say that now. I'm not going to pretend that I know anything about him but from the highlight vids is saw he certainly wasn't shy about swinging in a cross with his right and he appeared to score with the right boot a few times. 

I'm confused as to why people would go out their way to highlight this...

I’ll admit I also don’t have a clue who he is, I assumed that was obvious from my first post and I have only watched 1 video that was 10mins or so long but in the video I watched he barely if at all used his right foot, I haven’t gone out of my way to do anything just stating what I had seen, I just don’t get all the hype about this player with what I have albeit limited I have seen 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NaijaFox said:

Assuming anyone would be in the market for older massively-overpaid players

Well they might not get mega bucks but surely a lot of European clubs would be interested in Rakitic, Coutinho, Umtiti, Dembele, Vidal. They are good players in their own right, just haven't fitted in or are now surplus. 

8 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

I’ll admit I also don’t have a clue who he is, I assumed that was obvious from my first post and I have only watched 1 video that was 10mins or so long but in the video I watched he barely if at all used his right foot, I haven’t gone out of my way to do anything just stating what I had seen, I just don’t get all the hype about this player with what I have albeit limited I have seen 

In fairness I thought exactly the same. If on such videos they try and showcase a players talents and best points it seemed a bit of a disappointing none event.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Assuming anyone would be in the market for older massively-overpaid players

50 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Well they might not get mega bucks but surely a lot of European clubs would be interested in Rakitic, Coutinho, Umtiti, Dembele, Vidal. They are good players in their own right, just haven't fitted in or are now surplus. 

I'm obviously looking at it from buyers' viewpoint, who would be taking on massive wage bills. Very few clubs in these Covid times would be willing to take the punt.

If Barca manages to sell these players at a massive loss (since no rational person would pay anything approaching what Barca paid for Coutinho and Dembele - a rich man's Demarai Gray), how would that help their financial health any better than selling at a substantial profit (perhaps with a buyback clause) an unproven player who's unlikely to see significant playing time in the near future at Barca? But then again, perhaps that's how they ended up in the financial mess.

The stark reality of Barca's financial situation is that they have to reduce costs and raise capital by selling some players that they CAN (partly dictated by the market) rather than necessarily players they want to sell.

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Well look at it this way; whilst we don't make any profit, we don't spend any money either, other than loan fees. Someone earlier in the thread already gave a great example of a player going on loan and having a huge impact - Achraf Hakimi at Dortmund. He's since signed for Inter Milan so Dortmund don't see a penny of that sale, but he had a huge impact there and helped them be very competitive.

We might have broken the top 6 this season, but we are miles away in terms of finances of challenging the traditional top 6. We are the only team in the last 10 years that have broken up the traditional top 6 more than once, which shows you how tough it is. In order to compete we have to outsmart the other teams not outspend because we can't do it. If we can get a class player for 2 years without paying that could get us into Europe a few more times, helping to continue to raise the profile and finances of the club.

It seems like the club want to buy him, but what a few of us are saying on the forum is that even if we can't buy him, it's still worth taking him on loan because we desperately need a player to play that exact position.

I totally get the point of not wanting to develop a player for someone else's benefit, but for where our club is right now in world football, that's the reality of the situation. Look at Kante, we won the frigging Premier League and he STILL left us to join a club who weren't even in Europe. Totally unfair, but that's the world we live in.

What happens in 2 years if he doesnt sign for us though? All our best players will be in their prime then are we just going to loan in another talented unexperienced youngster who probably wont be as good when he joins as Trincao would be when he leaves. I think we need a 20-23 year old right winger who will develop with the rest of the squad. As good as trincao could be in the short term we need to look to the long term, in 2 years time we could have a full team of players around 25 years old about to enter their best years having played with each other for the last 4 years, rather than a team about to lose their star player. If you look at this liverpool side theyve dominated with a side of players mostly over the age of 25, the majority of them would be no where near a title winning side at trincao's age but with experience theyve reached a new level, youth is great but we need experience to establish ourselves long term.

Edited by honeybradger

13 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

What happens in 2 years if he doesnt sign for us though? All our best players will be in their prime then are we just going to loan in another talented unexperienced youngster who probably wont be as good when he joins as Trincao would be when he leaves. I think we need a 20-23 year old right winger who will develop with the rest of the squad. As good as trincao could be in the short term we need to look to the long term, in 2 years time we could have a full team of players around 25 years old about to enter their best years having played with each other for the last 4 years, rather than a team about to lose their star player. 

Same risk that you take with virtually EVERY player - even the ones under contract. 

Just now, NaijaFox said:

Same risk that you take with virtually EVERY player - even the ones under contract. 

Yes but there's a much bigger chance that we lose a player we have on loan than a player we already own. I dont see trincao deciding to spend his career here when he's already owned by barcelona. As long as we dont collapse there's a decent chance we keep the likes of maddison, tielemans, ndidi, soyuncu, barnes considering the price we put on players.

9 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Maybe we can get Bale in the real too still can play a solid game knows how to score amazing goals and free kicks 😇

yeah only agreed  a 1 million pound a week in January to go to china.... he’ll drop down to 100k a week easy!!!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Well look at it this way; whilst we don't make any profit, we don't spend any money either, other than loan fees. Someone earlier in the thread already gave a great example of a player going on loan and having a huge impact - Achraf Hakimi at Dortmund. He's since signed for Inter Milan so Dortmund don't see a penny of that sale, but he had a huge impact there and helped them be very competitive.

We might have broken the top 6 this season, but we are miles away in terms of finances of challenging the traditional top 6. We are the only team in the last 10 years that have broken up the traditional top 6 more than once, which shows you how tough it is. In order to compete we have to outsmart the other teams not outspend because we can't do it. If we can get a class player for 2 years without paying that could get us into Europe a few more times, helping to continue to raise the profile and finances of the club.

It seems like the club want to buy him, but what a few of us are saying on the forum is that even if we can't buy him, it's still worth taking him on loan because we desperately need a player to play that exact position.

I totally get the point of not wanting to develop a player for someone else's benefit, but for where our club is right now in world football, that's the reality of the situation. Look at Kante, we won the frigging Premier League and he STILL left us to join a club who weren't even in Europe. Totally unfair, but that's the world we live in.

I guess we have to be patient and pay our dues? As in consistent European Football. Works for me as long as we don't overpay on the fee. Seems we are kind of screwed until we can consistently build up the quality of our squad with development players and continue to restock and invest in young talent like Maddison, Justin etc. A fine line(perfection) to walk for Top 6 consistency.

3 hours ago, Walkers said:

Tomorrow morning, Anderson Perry will board a plane to Barcelona with nothing but his magical steering wheel

CLFgVvrWcAA3jOY?format=jpg&name=small

The lads are already in Barca building the chassis. Perry is there with his colleagues the spanner and the drivetrain. This deal may take time, several pans of Paella & a few crates of Estrella but they will get the job done. Either that or Trincao runs into a little accident in training . . . wouldn't want that to happen now, would they

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

They've done bad business, granted. Surely they will sell older unwanted players ahead of guys like trincao 

It's the same situation Man Utd have with De Gea. They've got players who are on absolutely insane wages relative to any other club, so whilst other clubs may be able to afford a transfer fee they wouldn't be able to afford the (full) ongoing cost of the player. There's zero incentive for the player to accept a huge salary cut, so Barca are essentially stuck with them. The best they can hope for is high loan fees (like Coutinho to Bayern) to recoup some of their money and let the player's contract run down.

If they need a large lump sum in the short term to balance the books then that won't be enough, so some of the youngsters - who won't all make it there purely because they stockpile so much talent - will have to be moved on. Making a profit like this on a player who's never even been to a barca training session must be pretty tempting given the circumstances.

24 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

One of my personal favourite things from the whole Aranguiz affair is that I edited his Wikipedia page about 3 years ago and it’s still there. 

F23D28D0-21C7-430B-8ECE-EF09E60D170E.thumb.jpeg.63e69081dd4a089e7cf983c4d1e4b1b8.jpeg

i remember everyone thought he was some great player. is he actually any good there at Bayer? i never heard his name since 2015 tbh

• Haha 2