Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Francisco Trincão

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

Barca must’ve shown already that they might crack in these negotiations, a club like ourselves doesn’t go after their young prospects without that encouragement, like you say. 

I think we’ll get him, but it’s going to be a long, drawn out process and the deal might not be the two year loan and obligation to buy for £50m as first revealed. 

I reckon we are being egged on by his agent.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

I think the trick is to come onto Foxestalk every two days to see if something’s happened 

What's the glory in that? And miss the surprise post from Ashley or the jet plane fotos of Youri. Joy requires payment of one kind or another. No guts no glory.:beer:

3 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

Don't know why i keep visiting this page. But i'm worried as soon as i stop something exciting will happen.

Therefore i can't stop.

You can stop now. I’ve posted. That’s as exciting as this will get. 

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

Don't know why i keep visiting this page. But i'm worried as soon as i stop something exciting will happen.

Therefore i can't stop.

and from our point of view, nothing is going to happen until you stop posting! :mad:

:D

3 hours ago, mozartfox said:

This thread has the makings of a ‘Maynard’.   Is there currently anything credible reported anywhere?

3 hours ago, Nick said:

No. Not really.

I don't actually think that's entirely accurate. Compared to almost every other thread in Transfer Talk, this does at least look like it is based on something substantial.

Granted there's no major progress but I think you can be pretty confident we're genuinely trying to sign him, unlike Brooks, Edouard, Tsimakas, McKennie, Todibo, Benrahama, Tarkowski and literally every other thread here. 

This looks like the single most likely player we are actually interested in in the entire window so far, so I mean that's not entirely nothing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't know why people are saying that we've had some kind of encouragement.

We've got form of chasing a player that's well beyond us all transfer window only for the deal to fall through at the last minute leaving us with no one or someone who's total crap and we end up wasting a season or two looking for someone to fill a position.

22 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I don't know why people are saying that we've had some kind of encouragement.

We've got form of chasing a player that's well beyond us all transfer window only for the deal to fall through at the last minute leaving us with no one or someone who's total crap and we end up wasting a season or two looking for someone to fill a position.

Name the players who you are referring to, please.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Because shit happens in life and if Barcelona turn around and say "sorry kid, we need the money" Uncle Jorge is going to be chucking him in the back of his van and driving him round Europe to whoever is going to cut him the largest slice. 

Trincao is a talented youngster but he's not going to just walk in to a champions league club and start, not one of the big boys anyway.

We just finished fifth in the most economically powerful league in the world, we're a recent title winner, a recent CL quarter finalist, we're the sort of club that's supposed to be signing players like Trincao. 

There's so much negativity round this place that often people forget that Tielemans was a transfer that made people around Europe envious, Pereira was a transfer that made people around Europe envious, Maddison was a transfer that made half of the Prem envious and most of Europe's elite would pick apart most of our squad in a flash if we stuck up the Open For Business sign. 

It's mad, we've risen so fast that even half our own fans still see us as the tinpot club that should be fighting with Burnley and Stoke to sign talentless heifers, if this kid rocked up at Sporting, Sevilla, Leverkusen or Roma you'd all be going "yeah that makes sense." 

But we ARE Sporting, Sevilla, Leverkusen and Roma. 

We're not buying him from the sounds of it we're supposedly developing a very good player into a world class player then sending him back, i would be surprised if in two years trincao stays with us considering messi's age and the fact he chose barca over us in january. It comes down to whether it's better for us to have a very good/world class player for 2 years and lose him or buy a good player and make him very good over the next two years then keep him for the next 2/3 years minimum. If we were to have an example in our squad imo it's similar to loaning odegaard for 2 years like sociedad compared to owning maddison like us, personally i would much prefer to own maddison.

23 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Because shit happens in life and if Barcelona turn around and say "sorry kid, we need the money" Uncle Jorge is going to be chucking him in the back of his van and driving him round Europe to whoever is going to cut him the largest slice. 

Trincao is a talented youngster but he's not going to just walk in to a champions league club and start, not one of the big boys anyway.

We just finished fifth in the most economically powerful league in the world, we're a recent title winner, a recent CL quarter finalist, we're the sort of club that's supposed to be signing players like Trincao. 

There's so much negativity round this place that often people forget that Tielemans was a transfer that made people around Europe envious, Pereira was a transfer that made people around Europe envious, Maddison was a transfer that made half of the Prem envious and most of Europe's elite would pick apart most of our squad in a flash if we stuck up the Open For Business sign. 

It's mad, we've risen so fast that even half our own fans still see us as the tinpot club that should be fighting with Burnley and Stoke to sign talentless heifers, if this kid rocked up at Sporting, Sevilla, Leverkusen or Roma you'd all be going "yeah that makes sense." 

I hope you're right

41 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Don't know why - this just made me lol. I've had a long day I wholeheartedy agree with your post too

Edited by seymour

As has been said a million times before, when we strike we will do it quickly and we will know about it.

Barcelona have a lot of press obsessed with them but most of them make up stuff just like the Sun and Mirror do about English sides.

The times when we aren't linked with anyone and it all goes very quiet are usually a good sign for us, because it means the club are getting on with their business away from public scrutiny and away from the opportunity for other clubs to join the race. You only have to look at the stalemate around players like Eze and Watkins that will continue purely because of the sheer number of interested parties, the noises coming from different sides, and so on.

City will have other irons in the fire than this one, I'd be surprised if we don't learn about some of them in the next 10-14 days and get a deal done.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

A loan, for me, makes sense for almost all parties. It'd hurt a bit if he's amazing for two years and he goes back and we don't really profit from it. 

But if he's that good he'd probably have helped us consolidate our position which is value in itself and two years is more than we got out of Kante. 

Kante and 15/16 didnt get us success though, it certainly helped, but it was mostly our transfer policy over the last few years that got us where we are now. We could have very easily ended up as a lower midtable/relegation side over the last few years despite our league win. Personally i would rather see us continue our transfer policy and see a constant increase in quality in our squad than to rely on a young star to elevate our club for 2 years.

• Like 1