Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Francisco Trincão

Know nothing about him. just because Barca signed him does not automatically mean that he is the dogs.  Considering they loaned him straight back, it could just be a way for them to make a quick buck. As it stands unless we were getting him for under £20m then a loan with a fixed price first dibs option seems a good punt though.

26 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Know nothing about him. just because Barca signed him does not automatically mean that he is the dogs.  Considering they loaned him straight back, it could just be a way for them to make a quick buck. As it stands unless we were getting him for under £20m then a loan with a fixed price first dibs option seems a good punt though.

I don't know anything about him but they bought him for about £30 million in January and now want more than £50 Seriously how? why?

Edited by messerschmitt
error

34 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

I don't know anything about him but they bought him for about £30 million in January and now want more than £50 Seriously how? why?

The said £50m would be the purchase price at the end of a 2 year loan period. I can only assume that they see his stock rising over that period. When we bought Maddison, had we then loaned him to Man U in the next transfer window with a buy clause of £50m, that would have been protecting our potential asset. However, I don't understand why Barca don't rate him as first team material, yet expect to make a £20m profit.

8 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

The said £50m would be the purchase price at the end of a 2 year loan period. I can only assume that they see his stock rising over that period. When we bought Maddison, had we then loaned him to Man U in the next transfer window with a buy clause of £50m, that would have been protecting our potential asset. However, I don't understand why Barca don't rate him as first team material, yet expect to make a £20m profit.

This is what just does not add up for me either.  Is it a case of he is on our books so must be worth a mint cos we are Barca? Perhaps nothing as cynical, maybe they bought him as "one for the future" hence the immediate loan back agreement and now are desperate for cash but need to turn a profit due to sell on clauses? I suspect that they know that they are unlikely to get much more for him than they paid right now so a loan (off the wage bill) with a future valuation is their best option?

17 minutes ago, urban fox said:

This is what just does not add up for me either.  Is it a case of he is on our books so must be worth a mint cos we are Barca? Perhaps nothing as cynical, maybe they bought him as "one for the future" hence the immediate loan back agreement and now are desperate for cash but need to turn a profit due to sell on clauses? I suspect that they know that they are unlikely to get much more for him than they paid right now so a loan (off the wage bill) with a future valuation is their best option?

This, club premium. Cannot be based on past performances in La Liga, so it’s potential plus the fact Barca deigned to purchase him in the first place.

glancing across some Barca news the kid is definitely one for the future among several other young stars but will not get much game time and as others have said Barca could use the extra cash. A loan deal looks most probable on their terms of course. Haven't heard any other clubs trying to swoop in so maybe its early days. Get the deal done quick. I trust our recruiting dept. and coaches that they see serious potential in this kid.

6 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Not for sale... apparently 

Apparently the key word. The way presidential elections work in Spain means they all speak a lot more publicly and are a lot more involved in the day to day running. It also means they talk a lot more shvte, especially at the big 2 because things are constantly changing. Barca are known for it. Wouldn't be surprised to see something happen, even if not with us.

1 hour ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I’d forgotten how reading this forum is as joyful as sliding down the bannister with a rusty razor blade between your bollocks 

This happened to me once.

Regards,

Mike Oxin-Ribbons

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, MGLCFC said:

That’s not the price they set, that’s the offer we made. 😜 Whether or not he fits into Barca’s lineup right now is almost besides the point when it comes to true market for this type of player. 

Leicester are in aggressive talks with Barcelona to get 🇵🇹 Francisco Trincão on loan. The Foxes senior scout Jose Fontes had indentified Trincão a long time ago before he blossomed at SC Braga. The loan could include a 45 million buyout option. Barca bought him for 31.

27 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Leicester are in aggressive talks with Barcelona to get 🇵🇹 Francisco Trincão on loan. The Foxes senior scout Jose Fontes had indentified Trincão a long time ago before he blossomed at SC Braga. The loan could include a 45 million buyout option. Barca bought him for 31.

Aggressive? What does an aggressive talk look like? 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Think that tweet is based on this article:

https://tvi24.iol.pt/mercado/francisco-trincao/trincao-leicester-negoceia-emprestimo-imediato-com-o-barcelona

No idea on reliability but suggests two year loan with €45m option which for Barca would surely be worse than the original offer implied by Romano?

Either way looks like we are still pushing.

Are we on gas and air yet?

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Think that tweet is based on this article:

https://tvi24.iol.pt/mercado/francisco-trincao/trincao-leicester-negoceia-emprestimo-imediato-com-o-barcelona

No idea on reliability but suggests two year loan with €45m option which for Barca would surely be worse than the original offer implied by Romano?

Either way looks like we are still pushing.

Translation:

Francisco Trincão signed a contract valid in January with Barcelona until 2025, but Leicester is doing everything to integrate him in his main team in the coming weeks. 

There are constant meetings taking place between the Spanish and English leaders, with the most likely scenario on the table being a loan (possibly from two seasons) with an option to buy the Foxes in the amount of 45 million euros. It is recalled that Barcelona invested 31 million in the acquisition of Trincão. 

Trincão was identified by the Senior Scout of Leicester, José Fontes, long before making his debut in the main team of Sp. Braga and is already an old courtship of the Foxes, a club where the Portuguese also Ricardo Pereira is active.

Speaking of Ricardo Pereira, it is important to add that the Portuguese international was another of the athletes identified by José Fontes for Leicester, similar to midfielder James Maddison (2018, from Norwich) and Turkish defender Çaglar Soyuncu (2018, Friburgo), from according to what was mentioned in several British newspapers. 

In early 2020, Barcelona got ahead and grabbed Trincão. Despite the recent praise from President Josep Bartomeu , the situation of the leftist in Barcelona is highly dependent on the options taken for the team's technical command.

Quique Setién is far from unanimous and the eventual arrival of a new coach after the Champions League leaves everything open for the Portuguese under-21 international. Leicester seeks to capitalize on these questions and guarantee one of the most exciting products of the 1999 generation.  

On Leicester's side, the decision is made: Trincão is for grabbing. On the Barcelona side, as we explained, nobody really knows what to do with the athlete. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3