Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

James Tarkowski

Not worth £50 million but those slagging him off are delusional.

He’s had another good season, consistent performer and Burnley fans love him.

If he played for a better club, he’d be a regular in the England squad.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Some real double standards in here lol

Same crap Man Utd fans were howling about with 80m for Harry ffs

Well, if you thought he was worth 80 million then I'd say you were in the minority. Paying £50 million for a centre back that's not proven to suit our system would be mental. Especially in an area where we potentially have another quality player in Benkovic. 

I'd rather the huge amounts were spent on other areas.

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

Well, if you thought he was worth 80 million then I'd say you were in the minority. Paying £50 million for a centre back that's not proven to suit our system would be mental. Especially in an area where we potentially have another quality player in Benkovic. 

I am in no way endorsing it, but on the one hand some state 50m for Tarkowski is too much whilst on the other happily receiving a ridiculous fee for Harry.

It just is what it is - madness.

Benkovic is made of glass but I also hope he has a breakthrough year and saves us a fortune

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I am in no way endorsing it, but on the one hand some state 50m for Tarkowski is too much whilst on the other happily receiving a ridiculous fee for Harry.

It just is what it is - madness.

Benkovic is made of glass but I also hope he has a breakthrough year and saves us a fortune

Well why would you turn down free money? If a team is stupid enough to pay way over a player's value then you're gonna accept it. Just because I'd happily accept a team overpaying for one of our players doesn't mean I'd want to see us make the same mistake and overspend on another player.

Unlike Man U, I back our scouting team to identify less obvious targets that can come in and strengthen us for a fraction of the price.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Well why would you turn down free money? If a team is stupid enough to pay way over a player's value then you're gonna accept it. Just because I'd happily accept a team overpaying for one of our players doesn't mean I'd want to see us make the same mistake and overspend on another player.

Unlike Man U, I back our scouting team to identify less obvious targets that can come in and strengthen us for a fraction of the price.

Fair enough, but I do see people outraged we would consider the player (likely we are not anyway and its the usual media story recirculation) at that price, a price we endorsed by demanding the price for Harry.

Either way, don`t care, its a nothing story.

• Like 1

Guest Cujek
52 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think that's Burnley telling us to get fuched, much like I think pricing Slabhead at £80m was us teling Man Utd to do one. I just hope we do the sensible thing and take the hint and walk away, unlike Utd did.

I know prices are crazy.

Man u was even crazier for paying 80 mil for Maguire.

we would be just as crazy to pay 50 for this guy.

Unless of course there is huge potential in him that is currently unknown about.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

No thanks.

He suits Burnley fine, Dyche gets the absolute best of out defenders there.

Not saying he's a bad defender but I wouldn't be pleased if we big anything more than £10m.

You'd get Ben Gibson for that.  You won't find an England player for £10m.

Think the plodder reputation he has is somewhat down to how Burnley play. Think he was pretty decent on the ball in his Brentford days.

Guest Markyblue
4 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

Agree to an extent,  thinks hes in the 35 million area.

4 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

What happened with Gibson, was highly rated at some point. But not had a look in at Burnley. Was he just terrible, injured or something happen?

12 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

Oh I agree with you.

I don’t think Tarkowski is bad, he’s been good for you and has had a couple of strong seasons.

He’s worth £30m to you, no doubt about it. I wouldn’t want us bidding that though, which was my point.

48 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Some real double standards in here lol

Same crap Man Utd fans were howling about with 80m for Harry ffs

Not really. Maguire is now captain of the biggest club in the world and first choice centre back for England and will probably hold both positions for a couple of years. 

Tarkowski will never reach those levels.

25 minutes ago, Cujek said:

I know prices are crazy.

Man u was even crazier for paying 80 mil for Maguire.

we would be just as crazy to pay 50 for this guy.

Unless of course there is huge potential in him that is currently unknown about.

I agree. I still can't really believe Man Utd actually paid that. I don't want us to make mugs of ourselves like that.

I'd much rather we scoured the continent or further looking for better value.

It would be good to find another up-and-comer like Soyuncu, although I think we probably do have to bring in current ability at centre-half, rather than potential. Another deal like Evans for £3.5m would be perfect, but we all know bargains like that don't grow on trees.

9 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Not really. Maguire is now captain of the biggest club in the world and first choice centre back for England and will probably hold both positions for a couple of years. 

Tarkowski will never reach those levels.

Makes no sense to me. Tarkowski has already got an England cap, and "Maguire being captain of the biggest club in the world" (Thats not true btw) is a result of his move, nothing else.

There is no reason Tarkowski couldn't follow a similar route, but I still don't want him anyway lol

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Lewis Dunk will be linked again soon, Brighton now have about 7 central defenders and the media will soon be stumped for who are actual targets are and Dunk will be pimped.

Yeah I think Dunk or Duffy will be leaving this summer to make way for Ben White. They'll keep Adam Webster.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

:appl:In a nutshell.

• Like 1

This rumour, along with Vestergaard and to some extend Brooks has COOOOOONNNNNGERRRRTOOOOOOONNNNNN written all over it.

Unimaginative and overpriced. With all the data and analytics available to us we can do better.

This has never been the way we have done things over the past few years.

• Like 1