Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

James Tarkowski

he is a good CB no doubting that, however, are we really likely to spend that sort of money on someone who will, realistically be third choice behind cags and Evans, and would he come under those circumstances?  He is no spring chicken either so not really a long term investment as a replacement for Evans.

12 minutes ago, urban fox said:

he is a good CB no doubting that, however, are we really likely to spend that sort of money on someone who will, realistically be third choice behind cags and Evans, and would he come under those circumstances?  He is no spring chicken either so not really a long term investment as a replacement for Evans.

Evans probaly only has a couple of seasons left. Tarkowski is five years younger.

I don't want to see Morgan or Fuchs playing at CB next season unless it's early stages FA Cup.

If we want to be Top Six then they aren't good enough, Tarkowski quite clearly is.

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

John Stones is a good footballer but a seriously flawed CB , I prefer the rock solid John Terry type myself.

Me too, but not in the style we're going to play. The cbs need to be comfortable on the ball, and capable of picking a pass/breaking the lines. Otherwise, we're just going to pass it around the back 5 for a bit, before a hoof forwards. 

1 hour ago, wattolcfc said:

Definitely agree with this but I would throw in that if our players are being asked to put in transfer requests to get a move then clubs that are lower than us could be in the same position. I have no doubt that Tarkowski would be very interested in joining us and as he is in his late 20's, this could be his last chance for a move to a bigger club and he isn't attractive enough for bigger clubs than us.

Bigger club?  not by much.  Burnley have played in the Europa League as well..  Say "bigger wage" and you will have a point.

Ben Mee is still at Burnley because he isn't a great ball player.  There are few better defenders, but his attacking play isn't good.  Hopefully from our point of view, Tarkowski will be seen the same way (as he is by some of you) and we can keep him till he's past his best - another 6 years or so, perhaps.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

Bigger club?  not by much.  Burnley have played in the Europa League as well..  Say "bigger wage" and you will have a point.

Ben Mee is still at Burnley because he isn't a great ball player.  There are few better defenders, but his attacking play isn't good.  Hopefully from our point of view, Tarkowski will be seen the same way (as he is by some of you) and we can keep him till he's past his best - another 6 years or so, perhaps.

Come off it. Everyone apart from Burnley, and perhaps forest, fans would say leicester are a bigger club right now. 

13 minutes ago, Fktf said:

Come off it. Everyone apart from Burnley, and perhaps forest, fans would say leicester are a bigger club right now. 

But both Clubs are not as big as Celtic’s Reserves.     

That said, you look at our social media followers across Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and we are surprisingly quite well known.  Not so sure about Burnley.

Not that this proves anything.

31 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

Yeah in the 1950s

48 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I think Tarkowski is a decent player but for £40m he seems very overpriced to me. Far better value out there on the continent where you could get A: a better player and B: have £10-15m change. Guys like Jonathan Tah, Ferro, Ruben Dias, etc.

I think he's a lot better than you give him credit for, burnley have been a top 4 defence in the league since he's come in, i would say at the moment he's probably got an edge on all those players, dias is hit or miss at benfica this season and tah isnt a starter anymore at leverkussen. He's similar to gary cahill in that if he was playing for a team like chelsea he would be much higher rated. Although the others probably have a higher ceiling.

Edited by honeybradger

20 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

I didn't say you aren't a bigger club right now.  You've got more money, and a vastly bigger catchment area, and a moderately bigger crowd (or would have but for coronavirus), and a more recent League Championship.

I'm just saying that on the "clubs in order of size" list of Man United > Leicester City > Burnley, the gap between Man United and Leicester is bigger than the gap between Leicester and Burnley.  Apart from the probable increase in wages, Leicester don't represent the "big club - I must leave" cachet that other bigger clubs offer.

You pretty much did word for word. We're a bigger club now, it means we're like to be a draw to a footballer who isn't likely to play for a team bigger than us (unless he joins celtic or rangers in his later career) 

42 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

I didn't say you aren't a bigger club right now.  You've got more money, and a vastly bigger catchment area, and a moderately bigger crowd (or would have but for coronavirus), and a more recent League Championship.

I'm just saying that on the "clubs in order of size" list of Man United > Leicester City > Burnley, the gap between Man United and Leicester is bigger than the gap between Leicester and Burnley.  Apart from the probable increase in wages, Leicester don't represent the "big club - I must leave" cachet that other bigger clubs offer.

Club values the Foxes are 7th, behind the usual top six, just behind Arsenal (£404m). Man City are top

Stadium size, Foxes 32.3k with and expansion to 40k, Burnley 22k

Recently won the Prem and played in Europe and again in Europe.

Social media (FB, Instagram, Twitter), Foxes 7th (behind usual top 6, just behind Spurs) 8.7m, Burnley not listed in top 20 UK clubs, Sunderland and Stoke are.

So any player would see the Foxes as one of the top clubs in the UK, so we may not be a huge club, but we are turning into a big club, onward and upward.

Edited by Dorkingfox
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Dorkingfox said:

Club values the Foxes are 7th, behind the usual top six, just behind Arsenal (£404m). Man City are top

Social media (FB, Instagram, Twitter), Foxes 7th (behind usual top 6) 8.7m, Burnley not listed in top 20 UK clubs, Sunderland and Stoke are.

So any player would see the Foxes as one of the top clubs in the UK, so we may not be a huge club, but we are turning into a big club, onward and upward.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/global-club-soccer-rankings/

Edited by Dorkingfox

3 minutes ago, Plastik Man said:

Time to get the ruler out? 

For once on this kind of debate, there is literally no debate.

5 minutes ago, Dorkingfox said:

Social media (FB, Instagram, Twitter), Foxes 7th (behind usual top 6, just behind Spurs) 8.7m, Burnley not listed in top 20 UK clubs, Sunderland and Stoke are.

I agree with all of that.  Leicester has vast potential - it's a big city, no rival clubs in the area, there is no reason why Leicester couldn't have been where Man United or Liverpool have been for the past fifty years or so.  And maybe for the next fifty years or so you will be.  But you aren't, yet.

And Dyche doesn't sign players who spend too much time on social media if he can help it.  He got stung that way with Andre Gray!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

I agree with all of that.  Leicester has vast potential - it's a big city, no rival clubs in the area, there is no reason why Leicester couldn't have been where Man United or Liverpool have been for the past fifty years or so.  And maybe for the next fifty years or so you will be.  But you aren't, yet.

And Dyche doesn't sign players who spend too much time on social media if he can help it.  He got stung that way with Andre Gray!

What a stupid fuching transfer policy that is! 

20 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

Burnley do well considering the size of the town, 88k. I used to watch the Foxes play the in the 70's. We hardly won a game there in the 60's/70's

34 minutes ago, Dorkingfox said:

Burnley do well considering the size of the town, 88k. I used to watch the Foxes play the in the 70's. We hardly won a game there in the 60's/70's

IIRC Burnley has the most loyal support in the country comparing the size of the place to their attendances.

Good going as they can't have much of a catchment area and are not too far away from the big Manchester and Liverpool clubs and Leeds for that matter. There are also plenty of other smaller clubs within the vicinity.

You compare it with us within a county of one million people and our nearest clubs are at least 25 miles and they're all lower league clubs albeit clubs like Forest, Derby and Coventry are biggish clubs.

2 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

Come on behave, we are bigger than Burnley right now. Look at our stadium, our new training facilities, our playing squad and we are miles ahead of Burnley. The fact Tarkowski is your best defender and would be 3rd choice if he came here speaks volumes. You say you were in the Europa league not long ago, we won the league and got to the quarter finals of the champions league and finished 5th this season. I'm not being disrespectful, as Burnley have a rich history, but if we are talking here and now, Leicester are miles ahead. 

2 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

Using the gap between Man U and us and us and Burnley isnt exactly fair as Man U are arguably the biggest club in the world. If you're saying a player has a choice between us and Man U, of course they go to Man U. If you're saying a player wouldnt leave Burnley to join Leicester because we are not as big as Man U, then you're deluded. As I said earlier, it not just about the money. The stadium, the new training ground and the chance of playing in Europe and the potential to win a trophy. Yes you played in the Europa briefly, but it is more likely Leicester will play in Europe over the next 10 years than Burnley.