Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

James Tarkowski

@dsr-burnley

You make a fair point that we've not reached a state where we're a massive draw for players. However, with all due respect we're still a bigger draw than you. That's all the other posters here are saying but with varying degrees of politeness.

The reason Tarkowski won't sign for Leicester isn't because we aren't a big enough draw for him but only because Burnley have priced us out.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, MickeyMouse said:

@dsr-burnley

You make a fair point that we've not reached a state where we're a massive draw for players. However, with all due respect we're still a bigger draw than you. That's all the other posters here are saying but with varying degrees of politeness.

The reason Tarkowski won't sign for Leicester isn't because we aren't a big enough draw for him but only because Burnley have priced us out.

I'd rather play for Burnley, I bet they've got better chip shops.

• Haha 3

Guest Markyblue
4 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

Bigger club?  not by much.  Burnley have played in the Europa League as well..  Say "bigger wage" and you will have a point.

Ben Mee is still at Burnley because he isn't a great ball player.  There are few better defenders, but his attacking play isn't good.  Hopefully from our point of view, Tarkowski will be seen the same way (as he is by some of you) and we can keep him till he's past his best - another 6 years or so, perhaps.

Eh, if thats the case man utd are bigger than us but not by much. Are we massive certainly not but we are by a country mile a bigger more attractive club than Burnley,  just my opinion and not being rude.

Guest Markyblue

I wondered how long it would take the football snobs to appear,  its human nature to compare and discuss,  if people can compare and evaluate great writers and various other topics why not football clubs, the only pedantic and boring issue here is the dreadful snobbery on this site by some.

Edited by Markyblue

4 hours ago, honeybradger said:

I think he's a lot better than you give him credit for, burnley have been a top 4 defence in the league since he's come in, i would say at the moment he's probably got an edge on all those players, dias is hit or miss at benfica this season and tah isnt a starter anymore at leverkussen. He's similar to gary cahill in that if he was playing for a team like chelsea he would be much higher rated. Although the others probably have a higher ceiling.

Dias is an absolute class act and will be playing at one of Europe's top clubs in a few years, mark my words. There's a world of difference between playing centre back for Burnley and doing the same job at Leicester given how Rodgers likes to play. I think Tarkowski is a good player that's not my point I just think there is far better value out there if your a bit more creative, £40m is too much for him.

Who gives a fuch who the bigger club is? We are a better team, that is undeniable and is far more important. 

Players would rather play for the better team on better money than they would for the bigger team. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Would be a very solid cb for us. Gives us options to play 3 at the back if needed. Great experience and has done well. Not too dissimilar to Maguire in style of play. He can push on here and gain international call ups. Castagne and Tarkowski for Chilwell money is great business and improves our depth. 

• Like 1