Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

James Tarkowski

17 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Some real double standards in here lol

Same crap Man Utd fans were howling about with 80m for Harry ffs

And have been proven right to.

We owe nobody anything. We ripped them off. Why volunteer to be ripped off ourselves?

11 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

This rumour, along with Vestergaard and to some extend Brooks has COOOOOONNNNNGERRRRTOOOOOOONNNNNN written all over it.

Unimaginative and overpriced. With all the data and analytics available to us we can do better.

This has never been the way we have done things over the past few years.

Remember when we bid 30m for Deeney?

8 hours ago, CloudFox said:

Remember when we bid 30m for Deeney?

At the time he was what we were looking for, a back up to Vardy who was a little more physical and proven in the league. We then went and spent the same amount on an more ineffective player in Slimani.

Regardless it doesn't disprove my point that we are simply looking at the obvious and overpriced options more and more now Lee fooking Congerton has arrived and we have been a club who haven't operated this way for years it is depressing.

Before you know it we will be a West Ham / Everton / Sunderland type of club with signings like Tarkowski and Vestergaard, for fuchs sake. Bin the Conga man for Pete's ske.

• Like 2

I can see him being worth around 30 - 35million. Any more and we should look elsewhere. Solid defender, premier league experience, good attacking and defending set pieces. I can see why we would be interested. Can improve with us and push for the England team. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jon the Hat said:

Surely there is a decent CB at one of the relegated clubs this year?  Oh he's gone to Man City hasn't he.  Anyone else?  

Godfrey is highly rated at Norwich but so is Jamal Lewis and Max Aaron's. How can they be that good but then have shipped so many goals?

Maguire and Robertson were part of a Hull side that went down and Evans at West Brom. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jaspa said:

His stats are solid. £50m is too much admittedly but what's so bad about this lad?

Nothing.

Our fans would prefer someone foreign, and has an impressive compilation video on YouTube.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Godfrey is highly rated at Norwich but so is Jamal Lewis and Max Aaron's. How can they be that good but then have shipped so many goals?

Maguire and Robertson were part of a Hull side that went down and Evans at West Brom. 

Godfrey is Eng U21 I think.  Someone obvsiouly sees talent there.

23 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

This rumour, along with Vestergaard and to some extend Brooks has COOOOOONNNNNGERRRRTOOOOOOONNNNNN written all over it.

Unimaginative and overpriced. With all the data and analytics available to us we can do better.

This has never been the way we have done things over the past few years.

Isn’t he statistically one of the best defensive players in the league? Blocks clearances and headers etc. Sure I read that somewhere. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You cannot seriously be comfortable with this at 50m sods though? 

I said on Page 2 that he isn’t worth 50 million.

But he is a far better defender than some of our fans think.

• Like 3

More clearances and defensive headers than any CB in the top 5 leagues apparently 

I expect that I'd a defender in another league posted those stats we'd be spaffing about them

Edited by ronnup
  • Like 1