Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

James Tarkowski

Even if he doesn't end up joining us, I don't get how joining West Ham is a progressive move with where the 2 clubs are at the moment? 

Very unhappy fans, little stability, poor stadium (although in relation to Turf Moor it's probably better), a reportedly disjointed team after Diangana was sold. The only plus, and compared to Burnley as a location I guess it's a big one, is that he's moving back down to London where he was when with Brentford. Just the other side. 

Maybe he has a desire to be back in London who knows. Just in terms of footballing career it's a backwards move. West Ham have been underwhelming in last few seasons.  'we're gonna qualify for Europe this season!' nah you're not, you're gonna be in a relegation battle or top of the bottom half at best :dunno:

25 minutes ago, martyn said:

Hard to know whether we should go for Tarkowski or Fofana, there's merit in both.

Obviously Soyuncu is most likely to leave out of him and Evans, so a new young gun to come in would make sense and it first our recruitment model, but then, Evans is missing for 3 games, and his injury record (although decent at Leicester) is patchy, and he's getting older, so a 27/28 year old experienced head coming in also would be a logical move.

Perhaps go for Fofana now, and then look at experienced CB's next summer?

If we’re planning on playing 3 at the back then we should be in for both in my opinion. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Contract with player done; just got to finalise things with the club

That should be our defensive shopping done.

Really? I've been convinced that the Fofana deal was far more likely. 

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

As expected

I’m not sure why he would want to go to West Ham tbh, arguably a backwards step, sideways at best (well, assuming he isn’t just giving up on his aspirations and is only out for a bigger payday now) 

Edited by FoxesWalk

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Puel has apparently just said in an interview that Fofana is staying if you check that thread

Yeah Puel doesn't want him to go, but the player wants the move and its all sorted if we can get them to actually accept a bid.

To be fair, its quite an important part of a transfer.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Puel has apparently just said in an interview that Fofana is staying if you check that thread

He's probably just trying to get a few more quid out of us. We'll probably get linked to another CB to make them think they're about to miss out.

I think we'll probably get him eventually.

2 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Yeah Puel doesn't want him to go, but the player wants the move and its all sorted if we can get them to actually accept a bid.

To be fair, its quite an important part of a transfer.

So the deal to sign him is all done, other than the minor detail that the club haven't accepted our bid? 

• Haha 1