Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

James Tarkowski

2 minutes ago, adam95581 said:

£30m seems to be the going rate for both, but which is better value:

Tarkowski

Pros

- proven prem league experience

- coming into his prime

Cons

- probably won’t see much resale value

Fofana

Pros

- plenty of time to develop so resale value could be high

- looks like he will add pace to the back line and is aggressive (similar to Cags)

Cons

- unproven in the prem

- unsure if he is able to step in right away

Agree with this although I do think that his pace and strength will remove a lot of the cons pretty quickly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, adam95581 said:

£30m seems to be the going rate for both, but which is better value:

Tarkowski

Pros

- proven prem league experience

- coming into his prime

Cons

- probably won’t see much resale value

Fofana

Pros

- plenty of time to develop so resale value could be high

- looks like he will add pace to the back line and is aggressive (similar to Cags)

Cons

- unproven in the prem

- unsure if he is able to step in right away

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Imagine Tarks would cost north of 30m

Didn't Burnley reject West Ham's £30m bid?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

Didn't Burnley reject West Ham's £30m bid?

It's impossible to imagine Burnley's board being fool enough to sell Tarkowski for £30m.  (Even though lots of journalists have imagined it.)  Tarkowski has a limited escape clause in his contract of £50m to Liverpool, Man U, Man C only.  But if someone else bids £50m and Tarkowski wants to go, then he very probably would go.  But not for £30m net £23m, that would be nonsensical.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

Wrong.  Burnley are serious about not selling.

Sensible IMHO. Burnley will not get enough to make it worth their while. Not even close.

Are the rumblings about Dyche being disgruntled true? Or just normal paper nonsense.

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Sensible IMHO. Burnley will not get enough to make it worth their while. Not even close.

Are the rumblings about Dyche being disgruntled true? Or just normal paper nonsense.

He has a dig at the Chairman in almost every interview.  He seems happy enough in the job but gives every impression that he would move if someone offered him a decent job.  Fortunately, the clubs with money seem to want fancy dan foreigners or tika-taka ball players while the teams that don't have money (not that there are many of them this year) wouldn't be an improved offer.

Basically, the Chairman is in charge of getting transfers "over the line" and he has a very rigid idea of wage structure and budget.  Dyche wants the budget to be stretched a bit.  Dyche has shown over years that he would rather sign no-one than sign a player who doesn't fit in; Garlick (the Chairman) is showing that he would rather sign no-one than sign a player at the wrong price.  Which may explain why we have signed no-one!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

He has a dig at the Chairman in almost every interview.  He seems happy enough in the job but gives every impression that he would move if someone offered him a decent job.  Fortunately, the clubs with money seem to want fancy dan foreigners or tika-taka ball players while the teams that don't have money (not that there are many of them this year) wouldn't be an improved offer.

Basically, the Chairman is in charge of getting transfers "over the line" and he has a very rigid idea of wage structure and budget.  Dyche wants the budget to be stretched a bit.  Dyche has shown over years that he would rather sign no-one than sign a player who doesn't fit in; Garlick (the Chairman) is showing that he would rather sign no-one than sign a player at the wrong price.  Which may explain why we have signed no-one!

It's a sensible approach for Burnley who are not cash rich (in comparison to a lot of other PL clubs).

To survive in the PL for long periods is not easy for small to medium sized clubs. Norwich, WBA, Swansea, Fulham, Cardiff are just a few examples.

Burnley are well run and well managed and have done well to not really be involved in the relegation dogfights in recent years. I expect this will continue to be the case whilst Dyche is still the manager.

1 minute ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

It's a sensible approach for Burnley who are not cash rich (in comparison to a lot of other PL clubs).

To survive in the PL for long periods is not easy for small to medium sized clubs. Norwich, WBA, Swansea, Fulham, Cardiff are just a few examples.

Burnley are well run and well managed and have done well to not really be involved in the relegation dogfights in recent years. I expect this will continue to be the case whilst Dyche is still the manager.

As are Leicester.

33 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I don't understand why clubs make a bid, wait for it to be rejected, then make another offer a another day. I don't get why they can't have a call or in person meeting and discuss the price and get it sorted in an hour or two

Those phone calls do happen in a lot of instances I presume. I think sometimes making an official bid even if you know it’s going to be rejected sends a statement to the player that he’s seriously wanted. Can sometimes make a player want to put pressure on the club to sell from his  side. Just thinking how mahrez reacted when we rejected Roma’s poor offer of £30 odd mill. Sometimes it may serve as a statement to fans that your actually putting in effort to sign players maybe. I suppose it was a bit pointless in West Ham’s case where by they literally just upped the offer by £1m. 

42 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

Burnley haven't said that.  A lot of journalists have quoted rumours that Burnley want to sell.  Those rumours are almost certainly false.

The "numbers would need to be considerable" for James Tarkowski to leave Burnley during the transfer window, says manager Sean Dyche.

BBC

It’s not that I don’t rate Tarkowski, but I think there are others who would fit our mould better. I’d rather have someone up and coming who, along with Benkovic, can hopefully push the top two CBs.

I hope that Burnley don’t give in to West Ham. If they sell for something like £35m then they’d still have to find a replacement and presumably have to spend a big chunk of it. Whilst also strengthening a team that is inferior to them.

If this does go through they need to make sure that the Hammers get their pants pulled down. 

• Like 3