Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

James Tarkowski

I think he'd be class in a decent foorballing team, just a shame the market (dyche voice), or more Burnleys stance, has made it so it's nigh in impossible to sign him. I think he'll have to hand in a transfer request or try and force a move and maybe they'd accept 35m or so? I'd imagine we're a better footballing proposition than West Ham but they have the London factor going for them. Difficult to see how we'll get him and it isn't my money after all, just if there's a budget of 100m, say, this transfer window and we spunk half of it on a cb then leaves us very short in other areas. 

1 hour ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I think he'd be class in a decent foorballing team, just a shame the market (dyche voice), or more Burnleys stance, has made it so it's nigh in impossible to sign him. I think he'll have to hand in a transfer request or try and force a move and maybe they'd accept 35m or so? I'd imagine we're a better footballing proposition than West Ham but they have the London factor going for them. Difficult to see how we'll get him and it isn't my money after all, just if there's a budget of 100m, say, this transfer window and we spunk half of it on a cb then leaves us very short in other areas. 

One reason he left Brentford was because he wanted a move to the north west.  There's no need to assume that everyone on the planet wants to live in London. 

1 hour ago, dsr-burnley said:

One reason he left Brentford was because he wanted a move to the north west.  There's no need to assume that everyone on the planet wants to live in London. 

London is a horrible place. I hate having to come into it for work. I guess I can see why it appeals to a young rich footballer for a while though.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I'd rather live in Coventry than London.

You've never been to Coventry then.

I can honestly and most sincerely say that, from the 2-3 years I spent working in Coventry, it is the most miserable place in the country. I swear as soon as I passed the sign that said "Welcome to Warwickshire" a dark cloud would descend. No one smiles, no one has anything positive to say, it's all doom and gloom.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, The_77 said:

Ben Chilwell

precisely

5 hours ago, z-layrex said:

London is a horrible place. I hate having to come into it for work. I guess I can see why it appeals to a young rich footballer for a while though.

Exactly 

let’s not pretend that the capital doesn’t appeal to the majority of those in their early twenties and those from abroad - look at the photo ghezzal took the other day ......whilst you could find plenty of those vistas in London, a prem league footballer wouldn’t be living in any of them !   

• Like 1

7 hours ago, z-layrex said:

Some bits are some aren't.  For sure though if you are earning millions and an England international you could have an incredible life.  Most of us can't afford to enjoy it.

2 hours ago, chapero82 said:

If hell was a place it would be Coventry 

Hell is a place.  It's in Hell.

I remember going to Highfield Road and the Cov fans tried to taunt us by singing: "You're just a small town in England".  

Fair enough if we had been playing a London or Manchester club, but that vast, vibrant, metropolis that is Coventry???

Edited by murphy

5 minutes ago, murphy said:

Hell is a place.  It's in Hell.

I remember going to Highfield Road and the Cov fans tried to taunt us by singing: "You're just a small town in England".  

Fair enough if we had been playing a London or Manchester club, but that vast, vibrant, metropolis that is Coventry???

Fair play to the Cov fans…. Taunting and bamboozling us with their sophisticated use of irony!

Edited by Wolfox

I know we’d have to pay big but I say again, if we can get Tarkowski, get him

I’d go into the new season having a lot more hope about our chances with a CB pair of Soyuncu and Tarkowski

You need solid CB’s.. they underpin everything else the team does. Huth was a great example. We signed Huth and started to look like a team that wasn’t going to concede very many

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I know we’d have to pay big but I say again, if we can get Tarkowski, get him

I’d go into the new season having a lot more hope about our chances with a CB pair of Soyuncu and Tarkowski

You need solid CB’s.. they underpin everything else the team does. Huth was a great example. We signed Huth and started to look like a team that wasn’t going to concede very many

Whilst you're spot on with your logic, I think you're falling into the trap of buying over priced prem players. The £40mill we'd spend on Tarkowski could see us buy Fofana and most of a RW. 

• Like 3