Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

James Tarkowski

22 minutes ago, Flappit said:

No. He *costs* what Burnley want. Doesn't mean he's *worth* that. 

I think most, less pedantic foxestalkers catched my drift. Its not an essay writing competition now is old boy? 

It's a place for Leicester fans of varrying backgrounds and command of the English language to talk about the mighty foxes! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

We are in danger of sounding like man United fans here. He is worth what Burnley want for him.

We have no divine right to buy players for what we think they are worth. However Burnley are in a tighter spot than us with Maguire as he has 2 years left and could sign for someone for Jack in 18 months

Spot on, we love it when we stick to our guns regarding valuations but hate it when clubs do it to us :dunno:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fox85 said:

Technically he isn't England CB as he isn't getting selected to play for England due to playing for Burnley so former England CB

And Maguire was arguably England’s best player after the World Cup tournament. Also cost a lot more because he was younger, had more contract years and a top club trying to sign a player from a club with top 6 aspirations.

I get Burnley putting a £50m price tag just to price him out of a move but if the player is considering leaving it might piss the player off as it comes across as an unrealistic fee. I think he would help us at the back for sure but £30m is absolutely the max price for me.

1 hour ago, FoxesWalk said:

I’ll say it again... No way they are holding out for 50m when he has 1 year and 9 months left on his contract. It’s widely known he wants to go, they will be lucky to get 20m next summer as he will leaving for free at the end of that season. 

Michael Keane was sold for £30m with one year left on his contract,  3 years ago.  Has the market plummeted? 

8 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

Michael Keane was sold for £30m with one year left on his contract,  3 years ago.  Has the market plummeted? 

YES!

I mean are you honestly saying that, considering he can’t get in the England team he’s worth the same as a player 5 years younger and who is England’s regular Left back?  It’s all Covid related. Reduced tv money from last year, concerns over if and when and how many fans will be allowed back in, all the reduced income from  match days means clubs have less money to spend and selling clubs have less with which to buy. We took a hit on Chillwell, Calvin Wilson went for only 20m and Everton have been able to afford Rodriguez, amongst other dealings

Edited by MPH
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

To be fair Everton were chucking money about like confetti at the time, you actually robbed them at that price for Keane.

4 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

We are in danger of sounding like man United fans here. He is worth what Burnley want for him.

We have no divine right to buy players for what we think they are worth. However Burnley are in a tighter spot than us with Maguire as he has 2 years left and could sign for someone for Jack in 18 months

He costs what Burnley wants. His worth is up for debate. But yeah we have no right to buy him for what we think he's worth.

If we're going three at the back we need another centre back, though, with no confident back ups for Soy, Benk and Evans, as Ndidi would be playing out of position, Amartey would be fresh from injury and an Morgan would struggle for an extended period. And this assumes Benk will settle in well.

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

I think most, less pedantic foxestalkers catched my drift. Its not an essay writing competition now is old boy

It's a place for Leicester fans of varrying backgrounds and command of the English language to talk about the mighty foxes! 

Well your post has at least proved your point about command of the English language. :whistle:

• Haha 2

Wet Spam are going to end up paying £35-40m plus loads of add ons aren't they! Think Burnley will have their pants down here :crylaugh:

Probably time for us to move on, I like Tarks as a player but there's much more value to be had elsewhere. As has been said in the other thread, it looks like Fofana may be all but a Leicester man, and even though he's not a proven Premier League CB he has much better resale value at that price and looks to be a player.

Dyche is playing a blinder here, more pound notes for the piggy bank!

1 hour ago, talking_goldfish said:

Wet Spam are going to end up paying £35-40m plus loads of add ons aren't they! Think Burnley will have their pants down here :crylaugh:

Probably time for us to move on, I like Tarks as a player but there's much more value to be had elsewhere. As has been said in the other thread, it looks like Fofana may be all but a Leicester man, and even though he's not a proven Premier League CB he has much better resale value at that price and looks to be a player.

They can hold out for as much as they want. If West Ham, or any club, are prepared to pay then it's not Burnley's fault. Dyche is doing what's right for the club and I can't knock him for that.

1 hour ago, talking_goldfish said:

Yep and Brentford will be well happy too!

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

They can hold out for as much as they want. If West Ham, or any club, are prepared to pay then it's not Burnley's fault. Dyche is doing what's right for the club and I can't knock him for that.

Nope, it certainly is not Burnley's fault, if he were our player (with a name like say... Maguire) I'd be hoping we could hold out for as much as possible. Burnley have no inclination to sell one of their most prized assets, but if a team is willing to pay well over the odds then that is their decision. I just hope that club is not ours.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

Michael Keane wasn't approaching 29, like Tarkowski will be next summer. £30m is far more palatable for you a younger player likely to hold value or even grow in value. No way any club pays £30m for a nearly 29 year old out of the ones likely to be interested. You'd have to hope for utter desperation from a team. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

50m seems reasonable. considering maguire went for 80m

Agreed, but I would say that at the time Maguire was an established England international and had had an unreal international tournament.

We could also look back at the Mahrez deal, just £60m - in hindsight you would say that was a bad deal for us. Man City actually played us at our own game and waited us out past the initial window and we all know what happened there. Mahrez had his head turned and wanted to go to the bright lights of Manchester, this put us in a precarious position and we ended up having to make the sale regardless. Would Tarkowski behave the same now? I very much doubt it but as well I can't see him being too happy with the management, as such I can see him either going for BIG money to West Ham this window or going for £20m next summer. Can't see Dyche allowing him to go on a free, and unlike the Keane to Everton deal, I can't see them getting the big bucks when he has a year left on his contract.

4 hours ago, happy85 said:

West Ham are preparing an improved £30m plus add-ons offer for Burnley's England defender James Tarkowski.

However, the Clarets want £50m if they are to part with the 27-year-old centre-back.

(Source: Sky Sports)

So he's staying then and going in 10 months time for 15 million.