Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

James Tarkowski

50m Jesus well Burnly can sell or price him up all they want.

He is a 20 to 25m player nothing more than that.

Mcneil is about the same price if gravel throat prices them out of moves that could potential cause harm to their international career it could back fire on Burnley massively 

8 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Mcneil is about the same price if gravel throat prices them out of moves that could potential cause harm to their international career it could back fire on Burnley massively 

Ffs...

5 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

How dare Burnley want 50m for an england international centre back......... 

Just glad we’re not like that. 

Technically he isn't England CB as he isn't getting selected to play for England due to playing for Burnley so former England CB

12 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Yup, Burnley’s call obviously. Think Tarkowski is probably a Little bit higher and McNeil  certainly is, but strongly doubt we are in for either.

Yeah, look, tbf, Burnley can ask Messi money for Tarks. They have every right to ask what they want. Just as other clubs have every right to consider them cnuts and leave it well alone. That’s business. If they’re doing it to keep the players then fair enough. We held out with Riyad and that, cough, turned out quite well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Sure I heard that Ethan Ampadu on loan time Sheff Utd, which is likely to enable Burnley to snap up Jack O’Connell with Tarks moving to City.  Think I read it on a Burnley forum and they seem to think it’s pretty feasible.   Watch this space then I guess.

Not a chance in hell will Sheffield United sell him, or that he’d go from Sheffield United to Burnley 😂

14 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

We are in danger of sounding like man United fans here. He is worth what Burnley want for him.

We have no divine right to buy players for what we think they are worth. However Burnley are in a tighter spot than us with Maguire as he has 2 years left and could sign for someone for Jack in 18 months

I think you're right - we could sound like hypocrites to outsiders on this, but there are big differences between this and the Maguire deal. For one, we're not one of the big clubs. We are likely to move onto another target if the price is too high, whereas Man Utd weren't. We had a player who Man Utd were desperate to get, and so we could ask for silly money. Also, Covid has since skewed the market and prices aren't quite what they were last year, anyway.

If Burnley want £50m, that's fine. That's their prerogative. If that's their 'not for sale' price, then good on them. If it's not, then they can't realistically expect to sell him, because no-one will be paying that.

I can't see us paying £50m for anyone currently. In this case, I think we'd likely just go for Fofana or someone else on the continent for around £20m-£30m, instead.

• Like 4

On 06/09/2020 at 18:18, Poznan34 said:

Premier League proven is a myth - players move pretty seamlessly between the top leagues now. We'd be paying a premium for no good reason.

Soyuncu, Ricardo, Tielemans, Maddison, Ndidi - all not "Premier League proven" before we signed them. 

I just find it hard to believe that we're scoured every top league in Europe with a £30m budget and the best we've found is Tarkowski. He's a good player but he's not going to get any better. It's not like this is a bargain deal a la Evans, it would be the 2nd largest transfer in our history - for a good (not great) player, 28 in November and in a position where we already have Soyuncu and Evans. 

So no one then? Lol. I get ya point. But he’s a very gd defender and we could do a lot worse. Think of the likes of huth, Evans, Fuchs and even Wes to a point. I think he’d be just as important given time. 

2 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

We are in danger of sounding like man United fans here. He is worth what Burnley want for him.

We have no divine right to buy players for what we think they are worth. However Burnley are in a tighter spot than us with Maguire as he has 2 years left and could sign for someone for Jack in 18 months

No. He *costs* what Burnley want. Doesn't mean he's *worth* that. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

The sale of McNeil and Tarks if not replaced properly could mean relegation for Burnley. It’s no surprise they want a lot of money.

If Burnley are actually considering the sale of these two then they really need replacing ...... that may mean deals for them are still some way off (wherever they go) and could stretch to early October 

• Like 1

Suspect the links to the Burnley players is probably lazy journalism based partly on last years interest and the assumption that the transfer kitty is a lot more than reality.Just hope we don’t arrive at WBA with Ndidi as makeshift centre back and nobody lined up. 

I’ll say it again... No way they are holding out for 50m when he has 1 year and 9 months left on his contract. It’s widely known he wants to go, they will be lucky to get 20m next summer as he will leaving for free at the end of that season.